Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 08:44 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times

Advertisements

With so many people carrying videocams these days, maybe Johnson has the whole movie violation?

Or, Johnson wasn't arrested because he working for a police agency?

There are so many police agencies that "coordinate" these days.

Was he on probation? Parole? To whom did he report?

Brown was acting out of character that day.

Was he influenced by Johnson?

Walking down the middle of the street after angering a local store filled with lots of witnesses?

Wilson was coming from, where? And, going to, where?

Did Johnson call "Legal Aid" to find a good lawyer?

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-22-2014 at 09:19 AM..

Old 08-22-2014, 08:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
According to this tweet, Dorian Johnson may have recanted his narrative of Michael Brown, now saying Brown did indeed attack Officer Darren Wilson.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dorianjohnson
I'm beginning to wonder if Johnson is waking up to the fact that he's already got a warrant out for his arrest and a conviction for lying to police and that a second charge of lying may put him behind bars for quite a while, especially given the damage to Ferguson that has occurred as a direct result of someone's lies.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm not the one claiming some conspiracy. You seem to hint at it (strongly, I might add) several times.

At that point, so soon after the shooting, so soon after the initial contact between Wilson and Brown, crowd control would not be an issue yet. ...

Why would that second officer show up to the scene minutes later? Could it be that Wilson called it in? That would be the most logical answer.

Until the evidence is released after the Grand Jury, all we have is speculation. And your wild speculation isn't even logical.
I've never claimed or hinted at conspiracy. I've agreed to scenarios where I thought the officer was
right and the one where I think Wilson was wrong. Not sure enough time for a
cover up in this case because media attention was so immediate.

My speculations are logical You don't have to like them, agree with them and can
be annoyed by them.

The dispatcher said "crowd control, and "shooting". That's present tense.
Folks hear shots, they hang out on a Saturday; it's going to turn into a crowd rather quickly.
Almost as quickly as the shooting itself. How large a crowd by small town standards, I can't measure.

The 911 call for the robbery in the same area came in at 11:51 AM. Other officers could
have already been in the area - really, how much is there for 53 cops to do in a town of 21,000.
12:04 2nd officer arrives - Brown already dead.

Nothing wild about that and it's logical

Old 08-22-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if Johnson is waking up to the fact that he's already got a warrant out for his arrest and a conviction for lying to police and that a second charge of lying may put him behind bars for quite a while, especially given the damage to Ferguson that has occurred as a direct result of someone's lies.
Some folks could look at that a different way:
All those things COULD imply the police are trying to get him to change his story.

I remember a lot of that happening in the Troy Davis case in GA. Witnesses came out and
even said, they said what they said because of police pressure of retaliation of some sort.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Some folks could look at that a different way:
All those things COULD imply the police are trying to get him to change his story.

I remember a lot of that happening in the Troy Davis case in GA. Witnesses came out and
even said, they said what they said because of police pressure of retaliation of some sort.
That could be the case, but every time he appears, he's with a team of representatives. I doubt the police could really get away with doing something wrong without it coming out. They are allowed to point out where his story doesn't fit with other information they have.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Okay Polly, logic time. A second officer showed up on the scene minutes after the shooting. If officer Wilson did not call it in, as you are claiming, how did that officer know to go there? Just use some basic logic here.
You might as well give up now.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Why would it "surface?" Anonymous is the one releasing the info. They aren't going to release anything that is helpful to the Ferguson police. Heck, they named someone who is a civilian employee of another PD as the shooter. No one should be trusting anything Anonymous puts out at this point.
I've already given the link from the article. I didn't get the info or tape directly from "Anonymous".
It's really not a biggie. Someone asked if anything was new, and that was the only "new"
info I had. Apparently it's been around for a while cause the poster said, that's
old news.

I've already pointed out the tape is legit. Not because I say so, but because the
Washington Post confirmed its legitimacy.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not reading "every story" surrounding the case - no. But the tape is legit.
The original link I gave was from an article that mentioned Anonymous:
and the dispatch call itself.

Did Ferguson police officer fail to call in shooting? | PunditFact

"Where does the notion that Wilson did not call in the shooting emerge from? There appear to be two sources.

One is the lawyer for Dorian Johnson, who was with Brown at the moment of the confrontation with police and fled the scene unharmed. According to the Washington Post, Johnson’s attorney, former St. Louis mayor Freeman Bosley Jr., said Saturday that the Ferguson police officer "doesn’t attempt to resuscitate. He does not call for medical help. The officer didn’t call it in that someone had been shot."

[MOD CUT/copyright violation]
In the dispatch call released, the address of the shooting is mentioned. Do you not think that when they called Ferguson they told them the address? Do you not think in this day and age, that even though Ferguson did not know about it they sent another car and ambulance to check it out when told reports were received of a shooting in their area?

We know from other tapes that the second officer and ambulance which was at another nearby scene were there almost immediately. Given that what does it really matter who called it in?

Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Well, I cannot get to the site from here, but evidently the video of the actual shooting is on a website called "kahotic." From a cell phone....

Old 08-22-2014, 09:18 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
"Prosecutors have not been in direct contact with Wilson yet, Magee said. McCulloch has been in touch with Wilson’s attorney but has not spoken to Wilson himself."

Prosecutors have not spoken to Darren Wilson yet - The Washington Post

I figured Wilson with his lawyer talked to the DA by now. He must not trust the 'open and transparent' process any more than other people do.
I wouldn't assume he would be talking to him, but I don't know what the normal process is.

The Ferguson Police Chief has said Wilson was cooperating with investigators.

The DA has or will receive whatever he told the investigators.

Why would you expect someone who may end up a criminal defendant to be chatting with the DA who could end up prosecuting him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies