Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Another slant on it was that Wilson might have been advised to not file the incident report because of 5th amendment.

There can not be a report filed without Wilson's input though, can there? It'd be useless without that input. And also useless if filed after the date of the killing.
You actually cannot file your own use of force report. A different officer investigates you and files the report.
That said.... Ferguson was letting their own officers file use of force reports (see the infamous "bleeding on their uniforms" incident). Yet one more reason that department and possibly that city will probably end up being dissolved/disincorporated.
I am very sure that Wilson has been interviewed by St Louis County for their report.

Use of force reports, even non-lethal, take days to put together. No chance it would be filed the same day.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:29 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,894 times
And I don't know how the heck St Louis Metro PD released the video they have of their officer involved shooting that happened a couple days ago. That report should certainly not be closed yet and that video is evidence.

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Not really. Murder reports typically take months to close. Even with a blank investigative report, they filed that unusually fast. An incident report is not a PR mechanism, the only ones who have to believe or not believe in it are a jury.
Reports might but the incident report itself? Not muddied days afterward containing events (or conclusions) not known at the time of the killing?

Why bothering to file an incident report if true? Just put down anything you feel like a week, a month, six months later. In short, no accountability.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a real shakeup of this dept, chief out the door, etc.

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I know that there was a Welfare to Work program at the Federal and many state levels. What the current state of those programs is I don't know. Stands to reason if there are no jobs due to a recession and record unemployment that you cant move people from welfare to work very successfully.
Now even less jobs due to destruction and looting.

The business owners have suffered. They put their livelihoods at stake, investing in the black community. Their reward was to have their businesses destroyed and looted.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

Beyond the lack of black officers on their force, it really doesn't have anything to
do with the shooting.
Yea.. lets not discuss a community where even obtaining an ID is just too darn hard.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-21-2014 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-21-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
No jobs huh? None at all...

I live in a state with a lot of blacks, and a lot of illegal immigrants. The immigrants work very hard, and come here specifically to work the farms (and other occupations) in my state. How come I don't see any blacks working the jobs the immigrants work?

Jobs are there, the willingness to work a hard days work for an honest buck.. not so much. Especially with the entitlements (SNAP, welfare, section 8, Obama phones etc).
Yep, they will demand jobs for an economically depressed area, while making sure that the places that might have offered jobs take the hit for “justice.” Force businesses to move into the war zones, because that strategy always works.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 PM

794 posts, read 819,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, they will demand jobs for an economically depressed area, while making sure that the places that might have offered jobs take the hit for “justice.” Force businesses to move into the war zones, because that strategy always works.
Yes indeed.

"Hands up, can't work"...

Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
And I don't know how the heck St Louis Metro PD released the video they have of their officer involved shooting that happened a couple days ago. That report should certainly not be closed yet and that video is evidence.
And yet, that report is available. I read it yesterday. Maybe a prelim version??? But if it is available, why not the other?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:37 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
To be fair, the looters came from outside the neighborhood. Their intention was to loot and nothing more.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:46 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Huh. Interesting.

For the first time I'm hearing the "other" point of view on CNN.

Either, 1. pigs are flying 2. the tide is turning or 3. the MSM is getting a whiff of the real evidence.

I'll take Door #3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies