Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 07:54 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Are you saying there's more black media owned networks out there than white? More 'lberal' than 'conservative.'

I feel like there's more sympathy and bias showed toward Police in general. And that's not me saying he's guilty at all.

I just think the stories not adding up because anytime there's a reason the shooting was justified, there's immediately an explanation given to the media. There's been none given by the Police that I know of officially.

Sharpton and Jackson definitely don't have any clout. Crump is describing it how it was. Regardless if it can be justified or not.

I think its more the negative connotation associated with the word. But its true. We need to kill less people each year. Everybody.
You claimed that there was an ongoing and vigorous PR campaign on behalf of the officer. However, there's none and that's evident when watching CNN, for example. So I don't know how you could even say that. On Mike Brown's side, there is a PR campaign, as evidenced by the multiple lawyer and personalities (e.g. Sharpton, Jackson) appearances on every news channel over the last week or so. If anyone is engaging in a PR campaign right now, it is those in the Brown camp.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:58 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't really buy they don't have local applicants. I'm quite sure in the past 10-20 years since the town became majority black they could have dragged themselves over to the local high school or junior high school, enticed some applicants and set up some kind of mentoring program.

Certainly they cant afford what they are spending this week on riot control which might have been avoided if they were more diverse.
Another conspiracy!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Or in this case, there are of qualified French translators, just not the color you want.

What was it Dr King said? He dreamed of the day a man would be judged on the color of his skin, not the content of his character?
I saw what you did

Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Nope. I'm saying if they had more credibility with their citizenry they would have been better able to calm things down and they probably wouldn't have felt the need to have the first conversation with protestors with riot gear, dogs and combat equipment.

Although, if they had a representative police force odds are high Michael Brown would have been shot by a black officer given all the other facts and we wouldn't be discussing whether or not there was a racially motivated unjust shooting of an unarmed black man.
I thought the rioters weren't from Ferguson?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Too funny......what do you think the current fiasco which could have likely been moderated if they had a more representative force is costing them?
What nonsense. There's no reason at all to believe a Black officer wouldn't have shot Brown. Even less reason to believe the outside agitators who came to loot & riot would have stayed home if Ferguson's PD was more representative. More comedy.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:10 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Lol, no it's not. Black applicants can job search like the rest of the races. It's not up to employers to go find them in their self segregation. Blacks need to stop thinking they can have it both ways. You can't have a separate black culture (complete with race based organizations, music, media and other things) and ALSO cry about racism. Either you join the society around you, or you don't.
That's ridiculous. Businesses and government agencies target their recruitment to all different segments of society every day. They don't just post ads and wait for applicants. What world do you live in?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I thought the rioters weren't from Ferguson?
Apparently many of them were not; however, if things hadn't been so contentious from the start they wouldn't have had an opportunity to exploit now would they?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
What nonsense. There's no reason at all to believe a Black officer wouldn't have shot Brown. Even less reason to believe the outside agitators who came to loot & riot would have stayed home if Ferguson's PD was more representative. More comedy.
I didn't say a black officer wouldn't have shot Brown. I said if a black officer had shot Brown we wouldn't be having a conversation about it being due to racism.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
No one was claiming the cop was "severely beaten", the claim his Brown hit him.
It's all over the place. I like this one the best:

Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson Beaten Nearly Unconscious, Suffered Eye Socket Fracture Before Shooting Michael Brown: Report | Video | TheBlaze.com

So Wilson is beaten nearly unconscious, grabs his gun and plugs two bullets into Browns head,
and is miraculously walking around, pacing back and forth, right after, at the murder scene.

Amazing. Look its a bird - its a plane - It's SuperWilson.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:19 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Yea I was already taking in the account he couldn't see, so how could he get a perfect head shot shooting eradically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies