Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Someone is shooting at you and you, being unarmed, are going to rush at them? Really?

That makes less sense than anything that I've read about this case.
That's why 18 year old soldiers make perfect front line grunts.

That and some drugs in the system.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
PR campaign? Hardly. The man has none. If he had a PR campaign, he would have released a photo of his swollen face. It's actually something I'm surprised about because the man is getting crucified by several in the media right now and he really has no one out there trying to push his side of the story, unlike the multitude of people speaking out for Brown's side (e.g. Sharpton, Crump, Jackson, etc, etc).
Are you saying there's more black media owned networks out there than white? More 'lberal' than 'conservative.'

I feel like there's more sympathy and bias showed toward Police in general. And that's not me saying he's guilty at all.

I just think the stories not adding up because anytime there's a reason the shooting was justified, there's immediately an explanation given to the media. There's been none given by the Police that I know of officially.

Sharpton and Jackson definitely don't have any clout. Crump is describing it how it was. Regardless if it can be justified or not.

I think its more the negative connotation associated with the word. But its true. We need to kill less people each year. Everybody.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:49 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why do you think they would do that?
They don't want to incite anymore violence. I believe they will want to make an example of this guy and that's why they're investigating this so closely. Since when does Eric Holder show up to a local investigation? Why haven't they arrested the cop yet if there were mountains of evidence to his guilt?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
They never arrest cops.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
So, while talking about the sunshine law, that leads to something bothering me.
Missouri Sunshine Law has one exception built into it for investigations in progress. The victims can obtain a court order to get all details. Forensics, autopsy, witness list, witness statements, everything.
They could even have used this to get the name of the shooter (though they probably already knew).

So, why haven't they sought this order? Or have they, but not released the information? Assuming a civil suit is coming, it would be in their best interest to get the court order.
Well, if the victim is dead, can the estate (e.g. Brown's parents I would assume) then get a court order for the information? Also, Crump is their lawyer, I believe. Is he well versed enough in Missouri law to know this or at least have local legal advisers? I know you wouldn't know all of those answers but just asking the questions for discussion sake.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:51 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Someone is shooting at you and you, being unarmed, are going to rush at them? Really?

Turned out to be a really bad strategy, didn't it?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Almost but that poster is not far off.

Plenty of Fed lawsuits against the civil service tests because the Blacks/Hispanics aren't doing well on the written portion so that was deemed racially discriminatory.

There are further links to the states/cities where this happened. Also cognitive tests were deemed discriminatory.
How smart you are has nothing to do with how fast you can run up stairs is what one judge said.

NYC Firefighter Test Found Intentionally Discriminatory | FairTest
That was before the women sued for being discriminated against due to their size/strength.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:

If you had poor impulse control, you would. If they stopped and thought about their actions, we wouldn't have so many black on black shootings.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They never arrest cops.
There is like this new invention called a search engine.

Try it you'll like.

Here is a sample:

Let me google that for you

Old 08-21-2014, 07:54 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Don't be silly. If you needed a French translator for some business you were running and you couldn't get them locally, you would go somewhere else to find them.
Or in this case, there are of qualified French translators, just not the color you want.

What was it Dr King said? He dreamed of the day a man would be judged on the color of his skin, not the content of his character?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies