Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

IMO.......the Grand Jury will not hear enough to charge Wilson.

That being said......perhaps it would be better if they did move to charge him and all the admissible facts can be heard.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

"There was no crime. A customer may have called the police, but the owner never filed any charges. In order for a crime to have happened, the victim needed to make a report. The shoving of the store owner, which is a misdemeanor battery, cannot be used against Brown if he were alive. - Jay Kanzler

Deep-Seated Racism At The Root Of Ferguson Police's Handling Of The Mike Brown Shooting
Dumb thing to say.

No official crime, but still an attempted criminal act?

Frustrated: Not smoking his "Rillos" when jaywalking.

No triumph of the act. No bragging.

No comrade support of the act.

Loser, mean and dangerous. (Grumpy)

State of mind.

Death penalty.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:27 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Read article (LAME)

Self-Segregation: Why It's So Hard for Whites to Understand Ferguson - Atlantic Mobile

Washington Post column after the Brown shooting contained a personal and poignant account of his mother’s lessons to him as a young black man:

How I shouldn’t run in public, lest I arouse undue suspicion. How I most definitely should not run with anything in my hands, lest anyone think I stole something. The lesson included not talking back to the police, lest you give them a reason to take you to jail—or worse.

And I was taught to never, ever leave home without identification.
That story was from the WP author's childhood. btw, many mothers taught their children the same thing, regardless of their skin color. It is just common sense.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:28 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Officer Wilson has a large incentive to shape the story he tells. He has also had several days and access to lawyers to develop a story that is logical.

Hopefully the forensic evidence will be sufficient to allow us the understand the facts.
He does, yes. I just have a hard time getting past the idea, which has been perpetuated since the shooting, that a police officer with no history of wrongdoings in the past, would suddenly decide to 'execute' someone for no reason in the middle of the day on a well populated street. When I look at that scenario logically, it doesn't make sense. However, when I see the officer's account, that is more logical. Could it be something different entirely from what we've heard from either side? Of course. I do not have my mind made up. Rather, I cannot help, with the minimal evidence presented thus far, to find the officer's account* to be more logical. So that's where I am coming from. I just want to make sure that I am honest about where I currently stand on this case.

*Officer's account as told by a secondary source

Old 08-22-2014, 10:29 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Dumb thing to say.
This time, no one can pin that one on me I didn't say it.

*but when you think about it, it's quite brilliant"

Old 08-22-2014, 10:30 AM

275 posts, read 193,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That story was from the WP author's childhood. btw, many mothers taught their children the same thing, regardless of their skin color. It is just common sense.
It's in a negative tone. And what's this about ID. I thought it was too hard for blacks to get id's?

Mothers need to add don't rob / take something that isn't your
And teach what "peace" as in peaceful protest means

Old 08-22-2014, 10:31 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
I absolutely despise looters and thieves.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:34 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Officer Wilson has a large incentive to shape the story he tells. He has also had several days and access to lawyers to develop a story that is logical.

Hopefully the forensic evidence will be sufficient to allow us the understand the facts.
Do Wilson's 5th Amendment rights allow a legal "stay" of his police report?

Crafting should be given more respect as an art form.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-22-2014 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-22-2014, 10:35 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'm very happy to see some media showing some blacks in a positive note, and not just the rioters, looters and hating idiots calling for the murder of a cop. Though I doubt this will make it on CNN or MSNBC.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:36 AM

275 posts, read 193,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

Does Wilson's 5th Amendment rights allow a legal "stay" of his police report?
But it didn't fit the agenda so NBC edited it (and was caught)

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-22-2014 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies