Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else just staggered by this lack of judgement on the POTUS and AG?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
No, it's expected at this point.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, it's expected at this point.

Ok. I have been working. I guess that laws don't matter any longer or respect for the legal process. Is the opinion that POTUS and AG are courting votes or do they actually have zero common sense?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Aand *Josie* who is not very credible and who keeps changing her story to fit the facts as they are released.

Link please.

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:39 PM

275 posts, read 193,274 times
Quote:
Yep it's expected at this point. There's an election coming up too and they are including that in their calculations.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Staggered by it, no, but I do find it odd. I find it strange that the FBI and Justice Dept are getting involved.

Even former AG Gonzales thought it was aggressive/unusual.

Former AG Gonzales: DOJ Mounts Aggressive, Unusual Response To Michael Brown Case « CBS DC

But considering past riots, it was supposedly motivated by public safety concerns.

"The goal, legal observers say, is to ensure that the truth about the killing is revealed,
to ease racial tensions, and to reassure those fearing a cover-up that justice will be done."

Former AG Gonzales: DOJ Mounts Aggressive, Unusual Response To Michael Brown Case « CBS DC

Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Ok. I have been working. I guess that laws don't matter any longer or respect for the legal process. Is the opinion that POTUS and AG are courting votes or do they actually have zero common sense?
Yes, they are courting votes, they were registering voters in between looting sprees.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM

275 posts, read 193,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Staggered by it, no, but I do find it odd. I find it strange that the FBI and Justice Dept are getting involved.

Even former AG Gonzales thought it was aggressive/unusual.

But considering past riots, it was supposedly motivated by public safety concerns.

"The goal, legal observers say, is to ensure that the truth about the killing is revealed,
to ease racial tensions, and to reassure those fearing a cover-up that justice will be done."

If facts reveal that Wilson was in fear for his life, that won't matter, people are calling his death and some will reject the outcome. They're already saying coverup.

Easing racial tensions should not configure in.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:43 PM

This is the largest amount of horse***** I have even seen. Pandering to the mother and father of a child who strong armed and robbed a smaller man to reassure these very same parents that THEY will get justice. I will be so glad when these men are out of office. Now that will be a change that I can believe in.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,770,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Ferguson Police Waited 10 Days to Review Michael Brown Incident Report - The Wire

"The incident report the Ferguson Police Department has on file has little more than the who, where and when of the shooting. It doesn't say what happened, it doesn't say how, and it wasn't even reviewed by a supervisor until 10 days after Michael Brown died."
They're wrong. I personally know Mary Beth Ruby from when she handled public records requests for the police department (she has a new job now in the same department). She is a county police civilian employee, not a Ferguson employee. I verified that the "Wilson" badge number belongs to a homicide detective named Wilson in county police. Juan Gomez is a county police sergeant (not ferguson) according to public salary information.

Everyone in this report is a county police, and the coding is an "Investigation for other Agency" (non-ucr report), as I mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

Last edited by marigolds6; 08-22-2014 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies