Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
People should work to eliminate violence and extremism, not wage another holy war against the non-believers in their violent zealous extremism.
How do you propose they do that, especially when dealing with ideology?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
All I can say is for a guy of 71 years, nonsense, you show a distinct lack of critical thinking and historical perspective. Perhaps you should shut off Fox news and go to the library, seek out the world history section and use the time you used to spend listening to Fox, reading. Try asking why and then seek answers. I can start you off by telling you that the crusades weren't simply about retaking the holy lands from the infidels.
Quite right, since they were begun in Europe! They were in large part about defending the European continent against the Muslim hordes, the conquering invaders, who were ravaging Europe, slaughtering millions, and about saving Christians and Christianity from annihilation. But, what we usually here from Leftists is that the Crusades were about Christians slaughtering "innocent" Muslims.

As for my "lack of critical thinking," I think I'm way ahead of any "liberals" on here, who are basically brain dead, and brainwashed, parrots of the "Progressive" Left.

Why do you mention Fox News? What has Fox News to do with any of this? Or, are you suggesting that there are better sources, such as George Soros funded NBC, ABC, New York Times, Washington Post, or any network whose primary source is the Associated Press (funded by George Soros). Over 30 mainstream news organizations are linked to George Soros. Perhaps that is why only Fox reported the truth about the Benghazi attack, while the rest of the media blamed the attack (and still do today) on a video!

Quote:
As I pointed out in another thread, go look at pictures from any small to large city anywhere in the world and get back to me about what you see. I'll bet you dollars to doghnuts you'll see McDonalds, Pizza Huts, KFCs. You'll see fords, chevys.
What makes you think I don't know that? And, so what? Does that mean they are "good people" because they have McDonald's and KFC? Because China has McDonald's and KFC, does that mean China is no threat to anyone? Communism is "good" because they now have McDonald's and KFC's!

Quote:
I'll bet I could drop you into any backwater in the world and you could easily find someone who knows who Michael Jordan is or Michael Jackson. Watch television anywhere in the world and I'll wager you'll see reruns of American programs like Dallas and the Simpsons.
Your biggest problem is you let the fear mongers rule your reason by convincing you that the all equals the worst individuals.
Your problem is that you fail to recognize the threat that Islam poses to civilized society.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It is our moral obligation, no, imperative to fight those who can't understand the difference between extremism and Islam as a whole. Sending them back to middle school is probably a good start - that's when most of us learned the basics of critical thinking.
Really? Most Leftists on here have no critical thinking skills.

Here is real critical thinking. Listen and learn: Video: Amazing Answer to 'Peaceful Muslims' Concern Gets Standing Ovation

Old 08-23-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Although I am not sure if Islam is a religion of peace or not, it is ridiculous to believe that the whole religion is the enemy.

Muslims have been living peacefully with everybody else in the United States for a long long time. I still believe majority of them are peace loving folks just want to make a good living here. I do however believe we need a new definition of "moderate" Muslim.
Then why is it that these so-called "peaceful Muslims" don't stand up and denounce the actions of those who discredit their "peaceful" religion?

The Muslims that took down the WTC towers, who also flew a commercial jetliner into the Pentagon, and nearly succeeded in a similar attack on Washington were living peacefully among us right up until the morning of September 11, 2001.

If you understood what Islam teaches, you would understand that Islam is the enemy of the West, and of civilized society. That not all Muslims choose to do what the Quran tells them to do, does not make Islam a "peaceful" religion.

Islam tells Muslims that Jews are "pigs," and that Christians and Jews are to be killed, that no Muslim is to associate with either Jew nor Christian, and that all who will not convert to Islam must be killed.

Does that not make Islam the enemy? As a Christian, it certainly does make Islam my enemy.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOnions View Post
I'm no sympathizer but given the circumstances, I feel that I can see the jihad for what it is. This isn't Hollywood. America and it's Allies waged war against the Middle East and now the chickens are coming home to roost. They're not dumb, cartoon bad guys but they've found the weak spot of the West and they're reciprocating. And to think it was all about oil. Pity the smartest minds in the world couldn't find a way for us wean ourselves off of the black gold before it ugly.

Previously, Islam was a basic religious faith and a quaint backdrop to the Middle East, but in recent times it's proven to be a very strategic collective of people in hard times.

Sorry, but guns, bombs and superheroes alone aren't gonna get us outta this one.
It was "all about oil?" How naive. I thought it was about terrorism, and the 9-11-2001 attack on our soil. And let's not forget the USS Cole, which Clinton never responded to.

More recently, we have Benghazi. Ironically planned for 9-11-2012. And, they are, apparently, planning a 9-11 style attack on Chicago.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:59 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Does that not make Islam the enemy? As a Christian, it certainly does make Islam my enemy.
Then reenlist and fight.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:00 AM

411 posts, read 416,249 times
Quote:
Then why is it that these so-called "peaceful Muslims" don't stand up and denounce the actions of those who discredit their "peaceful" religion?

The Muslims that took down the WTC towers, who also flew a commercial jetliner into the Pentagon, and nearly succeeded in a similar attack on Washington were living peacefully among us right up until the morning of September 11, 2001.

If you understood what Islam teaches, you would understand that Islam is the enemy of the West, and of civilized society. That not all Muslims choose to do what the Quran tells them to do, does not make Islam a "peaceful" religion.

Islam tells Muslims that Jews are "pigs," and that Christians and Jews are to be killed, that no Muslim is to associate with either Jew nor Christian, and that all who will not convert to Islam must be killed.

The Muslim community is closed and defensive at this point in time and this makes it impossible for any self-respecting Muslim family or person to speak out. To do so would bring shame upon them and see them cast out. They wouldn't find comfort in the arms of the wider society either. The Amish are a good example of how this dynamic works.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sure:

"Tell the world to take up arms. Instill the world with moral confidence to stop the barbarism of the Crescent before more Christian communities are wiped off the face of the earth." [This was the reason for the Crusades]"

So you changed your mind and are now saying we don't need to "take up arms" to "wipe the Crescent off the face of the Earth," then, just like in the Crusades?
Your quoting from the article I posted. I only added the comment (which was accurate). Did you even read the article? It seems you did not.

Quote:
Why would I find a bunch of conspiracy theorist tripe alarming? The only alarming thing about this is that you actually believe it.
Wow. Talk about ignorance.

Quote:
This is why the intellectually challenged are not allowed near the nuclear codes. Thank God.
So, all the world is just sweetness and light. And, Muslims are "peaceful." Except for the ones that want to kill us and wipe out Western civilization. Unfortunately, they are the ones in control.

This cannot be posted often enough: Video: Amazing Answer to 'Peaceful Muslims' Concern Gets Standing Ovation

Old 08-23-2014, 06:08 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

One question for you? Have you believed Islam was your enemy 50 years ago? Why the sudden change?

Radical Muslims are the problem, not the peace loving Muslims who have been living peacefully with you for hundreds of years.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:13 AM

411 posts, read 416,249 times
Quote:
It was "all about oil?" How naive. I thought it was about terrorism, and the 9-11-2001 attack on our soil. And let's not forget the USS Cole, which Clinton never responded to.

More recently, we have Benghazi. Ironically planned for 9-11-2012. And, they are, apparently, planning a 9-11 style attack on Chicago.
You need to go back, way back in the history books. This didn't start because someone insulted someones mothers cooking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.