Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 11:41 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
The rest of us get no recognition either. So? The rest of us simply go about our daily lives raising our families and making a living. It appears that you and she expect everyone to put you on a pedestal or something because you are doing exactly what the rest of us have done.
Well, no one is going to lump in the trash with the rest of the White population. Blacks who are taking care of business get lumped in with the trash. That is the problem Black people like me have. Being a thug gets more attention, and alot of negative attention towards the Black population at large. Blacks like me have to live with that negative attention, attention that we have nothing to do with. I don't care if "it is what it is".

The truth is, I shouldn't have to worry about that. I should only be worrying about me. However, I get why many Black people get upset when stuff like this is brought up. What am I suppose to think when the only conversations I hear about Black people are people complaining about Black people, and talking about Black people in such a way that you would think that only thugs and underclass types exist? What is a diligent Black person like me suppose to think?

Old 08-24-2014, 11:47 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Even with IT jobs on the move, alot of jobs get outsourced overseas. And something else, in order to back your statement up, please produce these statistics: What is the rate of Blacks getting jobs in the high tech industry ON THE OCCASION of having degrees in such fields? You can produce the statistics for how Blacks are passed over in high tech for not having the skills, but what about the occasion that Blacks have the skills.

And furthermore, address the rate of unemployment rate for Blacks who only get a high school diploma vs Whites who drop out of high school and never get a diploma.

And read this: Corporations Slight Black MBAs - BusinessWeek

After reading this, one cannot deny that racial discrimination still exists in corporate America. There are Black people with MBAs are going into business for themselves because of the discrimination taking place. Even on the occasion of getting a degree that is in demand, one cannot discount being passed up for promotions or being turned down for jobs.
Being passed over for promotion happens to all of us. I saw highly qualified and even the most qualified whites get passed over in order to place barely qualified Blacks into management and supervisory positions under 35 years of Affirmative Action in the federal government. I guess its payback time?
We also have nepotism within a lot of companies. Some companies will hire from guys who belong to certain college fraternities, etc. Yes, the very best way to beat the system is to enter into business for oneself. Then he can practice the same nepotism and hire who he wants to hire. It's a vicious world, isn't it?

Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,476 times
Quote:
Well, no one is going to lump in the trash with the rest of the White population. Blacks who are taking care of business get lumped in with the trash. That is the problem Black people like me have. Being a thug gets more attention, and alot of negative attention towards the Black population at large. Blacks like me have to live with that negative attention, attention that we have nothing to do with. I don't care if "it is what it is".

The truth is, I shouldn't have to worry about that. I should only be worrying about me. However, I get why many Black people get upset when stuff like this is brought up. What am I suppose to think when the only conversations I hear about Black people are people complaining about Black people, and talking about Black people in such a way that you would think that only thugs and underclass types exist? What is a diligent Black person like me suppose to think?

Blame that on the news media and on Black leaders who make a living cashing in on the racism market.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Blame that on the news media and on Black leaders who make a living cashing in on the racism market.
And on people who choose to be prejudice towards Blacks.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
And on people who choose to be prejudice towards Blacks.
I will while thinking blacks are prejudiced on other people.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Being passed over for promotion happens to all of us. I saw highly qualified and even the most qualified whites get passed over in order to place barely qualified Blacks into management and supervisory positions under 35 years of Affirmative Action in the federal government. I guess its payback time?
We also have nepotism within a lot of companies. Some companies will hire from guys who belong to certain college fraternities, etc. Yes, the very best way to beat the system is to enter into business for oneself. Then he can practice the same nepotism and hire who he wants to hire. It's a vicious world, isn't it?
White women are far more likely to benefit from Affirmative Action than any other group, so don't pull that with me. And I don't care when kind of nepotism takes place. The question is, can you refute that Blacks get subjected to more job discrimination than anyone else, with all things being equal? And when I say all things being equal, education, experience, the same levels of qualification.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:04 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No reread what you wrote.

You wrote that most black people reside in single parent households. That's not the truth.

Right now about 46% of all black households are married couples.

54% of all black households are headed by single people, but not all of those households have children.

So no the majority of black households are not single parent.

And again single parent households can't explain why black people with4yr degrees or advanced degrees have twice the unemployment rate as white people with 4yr degrees.
Single parent households can't explain why black people with 4yr degrees onaverage earn less than similarly educated white people.

Single parent households can't explain why black business owners have far less access to capital.

Single black households can't explain anything about persistant across the board racial inequalities from housing to education to jobs.

Yet the racist narrative had to be that no these inequities exist becAuse blackpeople are the problem.

Again you are failing. You can't say something is closing an income gap without comparing apples to apples.

Again, in married couples what you see is a greater percentage of both spouses in black married couples working than in white married couples.

So that is not marriage closing the income gap. That's just comparing black people with two incomes with white families with one.

When an apples to apples comparison is made what is found is that at younger black married couples where both spouses are working and younger white married couples where both spouses are working the income gap is 80%, which is still a huge difference.

Try telling any white couple we are taking away $1 out of every $5 that they earn or try telling any couple they are going to earn 20% more in household income.

So no marriage doesn't eliminate the income gap and it's not even close.

Two parent households do not eliminate the income gap. The closest that it gets is one subset of black and white married couples where they are young and both spouses are working and that still is a huge 20% difference.

Now the wealth gap is much much larger then the income gap and in absolute terms is the largest when comparing the highest earning black families with white families.

My suggestion do a lot more reading about this subject, get beyond the racist narrative of black people collectively having racial failings and think.
Over 2/3rds of all Black kids do not live in the same home as their father. Therefore, by fact, most black kids do not live in the same home with their father.

You quickly changing it to 46% of black households is an irrelevant diversion. As it does not address the actual number of children. And the facts say that overwhelmingly MOST black children live in single parent homes.

Over the past 25 years, married black couples have closed the income gap with whites while blacks as a whole have fallen further behind...

Was it you who earlier pointed out that blacks were more likely to be in unions than whites? Would you support unions and public unions switching away from the pension retirement system to a 401K system? This would statistically help blacks close the wealth gap.

I am not saying black people have racial failings, your ignoring of facts allows failure to continue.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I will while thinking blacks are prejudiced on other people.
Why is Blacks being prejudice more important to yo than anybody else being prejudice?

I ask this because while anyone can hold prejudice views, Blacks aren't in as many positions of power to really have as much of an effect. Some Black kids decide to jump a White kid. Chances are, that is all those kids can do. Guess what will happen to those kids? Prison time, and the inability to get jobs afterwards.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 PM

2,425 posts, read 1,451,233 times
All the problems that are in the black community today were caused by slavery and Jim Crow. So the US needs to blame itself for all the problems in the black community. Even now nothing has been done to help correct those injustices. Then people want to call all those looters in Ferguson "animals", well, you created those "animals".

Old 08-24-2014, 12:15 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,909,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I ignored nothing, but when people lie and say education will eliminate the racial income gap, and there is overwhelming data that shows no more educated black peoe on average when compared to more educated white people still earn far less and still have twice the unemployment rate.

According to the source:
"Blacks with a college diploma now have a median income that is 95 percent of the median income of similarly educated whites"

"This is not to discount the value of a college degree for black men. African-American men with a bachelor's degree or higher still earn on average nearly double the income of black men with a high school diploma."

"Possession of a four-year college degree not only greatly increases the incomes of African Americans but goes almost all the way to close the economic gap between blacks and whites."

This article is called "Holding a Four-Year College Degree Brings Blacks Close to Economic Parity With Whites":
http://www.jbhe.com/news_views/47_fo...gedegrees.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies