Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:34 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times

Advertisements

They don't want to call it war for political purposes. But they also seem to not be putting full effort into this operation. If we are going to do anything at all, lets put all we can into it, get it done and get out. Go in, troops included, and destroy them in Iraq. Or do nothing at all.

Quit playing politics and lets get it done. I have no doubt we could go into Iraq and put a whooping on them. Get rid of the wussification of new engagement rules and kill them.

Anything less, which is what were doing, is a complete waste of time and effort. Don't even bother, if we are going to go about it the way they plan.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:43 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
They don't want to call it war for political purposes. But they also seem to not be putting full effort into this operation. If we are going to do anything at all, lets put all we can into it, get it done and get out. Go in, troops included, and destroy them in Iraq. Or do nothing at all.

Quit playing politics and lets get it done. I have no doubt we could go into Iraq and put a whooping on them. Get rid of the wussification of new engagement rules and kill them.

Anything less, which is what were doing, is a complete waste of time and effort. Don't even bother, if we are going to go about it the way they plan.
It's not a war because we're not fighting any unified group. ISIS is no different than any other terrorist group we've gone after.

Sadly, I don't think we can just go into Iraq and finish it. It wont work. Take out ISIS, great. Give it a year and another group even more extreme shows up. So, the way I see it, we can spend our money and put the lives of American's at risk all for a period of peace that will only last us so long.

As to how we should handle it.... I wish I knew. But I know that what we've been doing hasn't given us the results we wanted. And we can't actually stop this until we acknowledge our previous failures.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:52 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

because we are.

we have a president who fundamentally does not believe America should engage in war. however, he is being beaten up by some democrats who dont like the idea of ISIS coming to America and cutting off our heads.... so he has to do something to fix his poll numbers.

answer? give the scared democrats what they want but dont actually do what is necessary to get rid of these violent extremists.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:53 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
its not a war because John "Ifoughtinvietnam" Kerry said it wasnt.

and you know, he is really s m r t... i mean his grades at Yale were almost as good as GeeDubya's!

Old 09-12-2014, 01:55 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
because we are.

we have a president who fundamentally does not believe America should engage in war. however, he is being beaten up by some democrats who dont like the idea of ISIS coming to America and cutting off our heads.... so he has to do something to fix his poll numbers.

answer? give the scared democrats what they want but dont actually do what is necessary to get rid of these violent extremists.
LOL... Obama has no problem going to war. We have been in them since he took office

Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM

847 posts, read 767,309 times
I think you massively underestimate the power of U.S aircraft carrying precision missiles.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Unless they significantly change the ROE, I am all for NOT sending in troops to become sitting ducks to plucked off one by one. If you wanna fight a group like AQ, ISIS, etc, you cannot simply fight them via conventional warfare. They abide by no rules and the only way we're going to annihilate them is if we're allowed to get down in the mud with them and get dirty. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening so I'm definitely against sending anymore of our fine men/women in uniform into the sandbox to fight blindfolded with one hand behind their backs.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:58 PM

680 posts, read 1,035,225 times
Quote:
They don't want to call it war for political purposes.
We are not committed to the war. This is just Washington spinning it's wheels. They want to appear like they are making a difference here but in reality they are just trying to avoid controversy and pass the buck to the next guy.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Should this be a formerly declared war?

Old 09-12-2014, 02:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:

There's no such thing as terrorists, right? I guess ISIS is just made up of thousands of frustrated workers who breed workplace violence... with tanks... and mortars... and field guns...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies