Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 05:59 PM

433 posts, read 291,089 times

Advertisements

This is the official school vouchers and charter school thread where this great debate will be waged..

Given the ever growing failure of government run schools and money we have throw at this issues and the failures it has produced I want to know we we need to continue on the current path of actions given they have produced failure after failure..

Old 09-26-2014, 06:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Compulsory education is one of the government's biggest propaganda tools.

All the wasted time, money, and horrible results are a statist's wet dream.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Compulsory education is one of the government's biggest propaganda tools.

All the wasted time, money, and horrible results are a statist's wet dream.
I am putting that one shirt...

Old 09-27-2014, 02:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
To be competitive in a global economy, there needs to be standardized educational goals and accreditation. Thousands of different charter schools all teaching to different standards and values will put our nation in a race for the bottom of the global education totem pole and the ability to compete with other nations.
I agree there needs to be a complete overhaul of the current system but it needs to be government regulated and funded by all. The future of all nations is determined by the education of it's children. I would never put that responsibility in the hands of various special interest groups who teach to their narrow agenda

Old 09-27-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
To be competitive in a global economy, there needs to be standardized educational goals and accreditation. Thousands of different charter schools all teaching to different standards and values will put our nation in a race for the bottom of the global education totem pole and the ability to compete with other nations.
I agree there needs to be a complete overhaul of the current system but it needs to be government regulated and funded by all. The future of all nations is determined by the education of it's children. I would never put that responsibility in the hands of various special interest groups who teach to their narrow agenda
Common core is not the answer.

Quote:
I would never put that responsibility in the hands of various special interest groups who teach to their narrow agenda
Really? How has that worked over the last 40 years because that is what has happened...

Old 09-27-2014, 02:33 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,743,613 times
If the people pay taxes that is supposed to cover education, I see absolutely no reason why they can't spend that money on a school of their choice. And public indoctrination camps, er public "schools" definitely need the competition as they are horrible.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Government is not the answer. Government can't govern itself.

My daughter goes to parochial school.

She will never set foot in a public school.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Government is not the answer. Government can't govern itself.

My daughter goes to parochial school.

She will never set foot in a public school.
In a parochial school there are still minimum government mandated standards and educational goals the school must meet. My first 8 years were in St. Mary's Catholic School so I'm familiar with how their curriculum works.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
If the people pay taxes that is supposed to cover education, I see absolutely no reason why they can't spend that money on a school of their choice. And public indoctrination camps, er public "schools" definitely need the competition as they are horrible.
Those that can not compete do everything in their power to prevent competition because they know they can not deal with being exposed as the frauds and liars they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies