Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm sure life is a lot easier when you conveniently blame everything on those "evil white people". Must be nice, I wouldn't know.
I didn't blame anything on anyone. You just can't find it in yourself to read the research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
And these responses are why the American black will remain an underclass - it's the negative mindset that most seem to have. At least some blacks are waking up and have left the leftwing plantation. The NAACP feeds off the 'poor me' mentality that cd blacks exhibit in these threads and leftwing blacks exhibit everywhere in the USA.
No, the American black remains an underclass because of people with your mindset.

I'm a liberal black taxpaying citizen. I don't have to prove myself to anyone. Conservatives just don't understand that blacks don't need to "prove" anything to you. The negative images held of blacks are already implanted in your brains. They will stay there as long as you want them to.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:30 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Common sense... The justice system is not impartial so the righteous need to speak up prior to a perversion of justice happening...
Who would these rightous people be?

Old 09-26-2014, 11:34 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, I looked at their site and it is a bit pathetic because:

a) They are asking for justice for Michael Brown.....um.....that means what? Oh wait there is a grand jury looking into bringing charges, that sounds like the judicial process to me.

b) On the same page they are talking about "police brutality" errr.....whatever happened to justice and getting the facts???
When blacks say they 'want justice' what they really mean is that they want the suspect convicted and sent to prison for a long time even before a trial has been held and all the facts have been revealed. And if they don't get such a result then there will be trouble and they will yell and protest that yet again the justice system is biased and has failed them rather than look at the facts and accept the result or wait and see if there's a retrial.

That's not to say many non-blacks won't get angry and accept a court decision that goes against them without protest, but at least few if any non-blacks will go out and riot or break things or rob busineses because of it though.

And its also interesting to see how many black commentators who constantly appear on TV to give their opinions, almost all of them have also convicted Darrell Wilson as being guilty beyond a reasonable doubt before any sort of trial or all the evidence has been made public. Its just sad to see how all these educated blacks of whom a number of them are lawyers can so easily jump on the Wilson is guilty bandwagon and make argument after argument as to why he's guilty and demand 'justice', and then see how its up to the non-black lawyers and commentators that are interviewed to say that we should let the process run its course before convicting someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, the American black remains an underclass because of people with your mindset.

I'm a liberal black taxpaying citizen. I don't have to prove myself to anyone. Conservatives just don't understand that blacks don't need to "prove" anything to you. The negative images held of blacks are already implanted in your brains. They will stay there as long as you want them to.
The negative images that non-blacks have of blacks are there because blacks THEMSELVES have created and implanted them there. If blacks didn't commit crime and violence at such high rates and continue to do so for so many years, non-blacks wouldn't look at blacks as being violent and start generalizing them as being a violent and criminal people.

While individual blacks don't have to prove themselves to anyone for anything, if black people as a group want people to not see them as violent and criminal anymore then YES THEY DO have to prove themselves to everyone. Just as people who want a high paying job don't get one just because they demanded it, why should non-blacks alter their perceptions of blacks just because they demand it even though their behavior doesn't justify it?

Last edited by Max Sterling; 09-26-2014 at 11:55 AM..

Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Its interesting how you say its great that there's cameras everywhere now that can catch bad police behavior where previously we might've only heard the cop's side of the story or not even hear of it at all, yet how come blacks aren't equally enthusiastic that camaras everwhere are catching bad black behavior and crime all the time now?
Not really. Most blacks don't commit crimes. Less than 1% of blacks commit violent crime in a given year.

Quote:
Why is it everytime a cop is caught behaving in a bad manner towards blacks, its seen as yet another example in a long line of many examples of how police are biased against blacks and there are demands that such behavior from them must change. Yet when cameras CONSTANTLY catch blacks committing violence and crime, blacks ALWAYS say that all those videos don't represent 'the majority of blacks' and therefore there aren't similar demands for blacks to change their behavior?
Cameras aren't "constantly" catching blacks committing violence and crime.

We say the majority blacks don't commit crimes because they don't.

Quote:
I don't disagree that there are many cops who do need to change their behavior and how they interact with the public no matter what race/ethnicity they are, but by the same token why can't we look at all these videos of black violence and crime and realize that its only the tip of the iceberg and ask blacks to change their behavior so that people and particularly non-blacks don't have to continually be the victims of black crime?
If you told me to change my behavior, I'd probably utter some not nice words to you. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. How would you respond if someone said, "Max Sterling, why can't you whites change your behavior?"

The point is... I don't speak for all blacks. All blacks don't speak for me. I'm not responsible for all blacks.

Non-blacks are not continually the victims of black crime. The reason blacks are more likely to commit crimes against whites than vice versa is due to the difference in encounter rates. Blacks are a minority. Over half the individuals encountered by blacks are white. Less than 3% of individuals encountered by whites are black.

Critical thinking skills, folks.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
When blacks say they 'want justice' what they really mean is that they want the suspect convicted and sent to prison for a long time even before a trial has been held and all the facts have been revealed. And if they don't get such a result then there will be trouble and they will yell and protest that yet again the justice system is biased and has failed them rather than look at the facts and accept the result or wait and see if there's a retrial.

That's not to say many non-blacks won't get angry and accept a court decision that goes against them without protest, but at least few if any non-blacks will go out and riot or break things or rob busineses because of it though.

And its also interesting to see how many black commentators who constantly appear on TV to give their opinions, almost all of them have also convicted Darrell Wilson as being guilty beyond a reasonable doubt before any sort of trial or all the evidence has been made public. Its just sad to see how all these educated blacks of whom a number of them are lawyers can so easily jump on the Wilson is guilty bandwagon and make argument after argument as to why he's guilty and demand 'justice', and then see how its up to the non-black lawyers and commentators that are interviewed to say that we should let the process run its course before convicting someone.
It's called an opinion. Are people not allowed to have one?

Old 09-26-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I didn't blame anything on anyone. You just can't find it in yourself to read the research.

The negative images are planted in 'all' of our brains and reinforced every night on every news channel, whether it be a 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' channel. The way our brains interpret them is obviously dependent on the group we identify with.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
The negative images are planted in 'all' of our brains and reinforced every night on every news channel, whether it be a 'Liberal' or 'Conservative' channel. The way our brains interpret them is obviously dependent on the group we identify with.
Well, when a person consumes a daily diet of Fox News or MSNBC, they only get what they want to see. A lot of angry, rural conservatives have an issue with blacks because all they see is in the media. My point was quite clear; as a law-abiding, taxpaying citizen, I don't have to prove myself to people who choose to remain ignorant. Whites are afforded that luxury through white privilege. Minorities are not. That is the moral of this discussion.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:05 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
white privilege...smh
Is that kind of like affirmative action? Just automatic?

We have a black (well half, but still) person in the highest and most important position of our country. Twice. I think it's time to move on from these excuses.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Is that kind of like affirmative action? Just automatic?

We have a black (well half, but still) person in the highest and most important position of our country. Twice. I think it's time to move on from these excuses.
O has said he self identies as Black, but he obviously plays his White, or mixed, or Muslim, or Christian card as needed.

" I think it's time to move on from these excuses"
True, but Highly unlikely, blaming someone else is the standard these days. One thing I can say for O, he has attained the most lofty position in the world, so he needs no excuses.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:37 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
Not really. Most blacks don't commit crimes. Less than 1% of blacks commit violent crime in a given year.
As I've explained numerous times previously saying less 1% of blacks commit violent crime in a given year is MEANINGLESS when Honduras the nation with the highest murder rate on the entire planet can also make the same claim, yet you definitely wouldn't consider Hondruas to be a safe country AT ALL.

That's why anyone with an ounce of logic and common sense would use RATES of crime to judge whether a country or a group of people are violent and criminal rather than simply looking at the absolute numbers.

Quote:
Cameras aren't "constantly" catching blacks committing violence and crime.

We say the majority blacks don't commit crimes because they don't.
No one ever said that all blacks are criminal and violent, but you'd have to be insane to look at all the videos, new stories and statistics and not come to the conclusion that a disturbingly high percentage of blacks ARE violent and criminal.

Quote:
If you told me to change my behavior, I'd probably utter some not nice words to you. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. How would you respond if someone said, "Max Sterling, why can't you whites change your behavior?"

The point is... I don't speak for all blacks. All blacks don't speak for me. I'm not responsible for all blacks.
If you asked me 'Why can't whites change our behavior'? I would ask beyond a few categories like say mass shootings and pedophelia which seem to involve a higher number of whites, where else do we need to change our behavior? Murder? Nope. Violent crime? Not too much.

So where then? Looking at statistics year after year, whites in the US commit crime at fairly low rates comparable to other 1st world nations.

Quote:
Non-blacks are not continually the victims of black crime. The reason blacks are more likely to commit crimes against whites than vice versa is due to the difference in encounter rates. Blacks are a minority. Over half the individuals encountered by blacks are white. Less than 3% of individuals encountered by whites are black.

Critical thinking skills, folks.
Your thought process is COMPLETELY WRONG. Just because blacks are a minority and encounter non-blacks more often than the reverse, it doesn't mean they automatically should be committing more crime against them. And as we've already heard time and again, blacks commit the most crime against other blacks which means blacks are violent in general.

And also if you live in a major city with a significant black population, your chances of encountering blacks on a daily basis are much higher, yet there has NEVER been a corresponding higher percentage of non-blacks assaulting, robbing or murdering blacks the way blacks do with non-blacks.

So why does interracial crime flow overwhelmingly one way? And how come Asians or any other minority group who are much smaller in number than blacks are, don't EVER commit crime and espeically interracial crime at anywhere near the rates that blacks do? By your reasoning, if you're an asian person, your chances of encountering a non-asian are extremely high, yet how come there has been few if any interracial crimes involving asians against anyone?

How come blacks are the only minority group continually in the news for interracial crime and no one else? How come practically every other minority group can live and co-exist peacefully with everyone else except for blacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies