Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times

Advertisements

And someone named Liberty Above All Else writes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
How many of those kids really care and did not do this just to get out of school?

If you love irony, C-D is definitely the place to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 06:30 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
History as taught in public schools has always been white washed. Only public school can make the civil war appear to be a boring war. 1 of my test questions and I will never forget it. How many cigars did General Grant smoke a day? The answer was 10, but how is that bit of trivia in anyway important to the topic of the civil war?
I fear what some call white washing is actually a lack of political agenda or Politically correctness.
"History as taught in public schools has always been white washed."
Interesting how we got this far with the "White Washing of history". Maybe we should be more like Mexico, Russia, or perhaps Greece? They have such superior systems there.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:22 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Thumbs up *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
Students in Colorado have been practicing civil disobedience over a proposal by three Conservative school board members that seeks to rewrite history and minimize the teaching of civil disobedience:
Good for them!!!!

You cant forget histroy and try to ignore it!!!

Old 07-02-2015, 05:54 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Good for them!!!!

You cant forget histroy and try to ignore it!!!
Well, michelle obama said we have to rewrite our history. Whoever wins gets to write their version of history.

To promote civil disobedience over the final product is pure propaganda that dovetails in to the protests in Furgeson, baltimore replete with all the lies that gave birth to the looting and rioting. See, what you are doing is honorable.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:26 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
As a conservitive I would want the whole truth, not some one's version of it.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Actually, you are being an honest conservative. conservatives do hate public education, but since they long ago lost the debate on public education, conservatives work to undermine public education.
I wish liberals would be as honest.

Liberals shout oppression as they call for more government control over everything.

Liberal, "We need to stand up against the government. Oh, and while we are talking about this, we also need the government to have a tighter control on the media and what these conservatives are saying. We need the government to confiscate more money and property. We need the government to dictate what people are paid. Government can fix so many problems. However, we need to understand how government has been oppressive to so many people and stand up against a dominant government."

Old 07-02-2015, 09:21 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
The older I get and the more research I do, the more lies I find in what I was taught in school. The US school system is just as bad as some of the communist countries. You won't read about the atrocities our country committed. Everything is slanted to give our country a positive spin on events.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:25 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I wish liberals would be as honest.

Liberals shout oppression as they call for more government control over everything.

Liberal, "We need to stand up against the government. Oh, and while we are talking about this, we also need the government to have a tighter control on the media and what these conservatives are saying. We need the government to confiscate more money and property. We need the government to dictate what people are paid. Government can fix so many problems. However, we need to understand how government has been oppressive to so many people and stand up against a dominant government."
Quote:
As the maples scream 'Oppression!'
And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw
Seems like modern liberals. Hold everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies