Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:27 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

This country has a tremendous history of civil disobedience. The biggest impact of course was the secession of the Confederate States of America. Interesting to see just who is so supportive of the concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 09:05 PM

175 posts, read 257,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This thread is 9 months old. Why are you bumping it ?

Further more, You can before those things and teach the realities of the past, it is clear that this thread was about the whitewashing of history using the guise of those things.

Is that hard for you to understand ????
1. I don't spend my entire life on city data, so I had no idea how old this thread was
2. The link appeared in the sidebar so I didn't search it out.
3. I'll bump any thread I feel like, no matter how old it is.
4. Do I have to tell you where you can go or do you have a good guess?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:14 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
There is an update to this story. As of Friday afternoon, a group called Jeffco United for Action has submitted a proposal for recall of the three conservative board members. The organization has 60 days to submit 15,000 signatures. It's getting ugly. I'm thankful every day that we live north of County Line and east of the Platte.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Students in Colorado have been practicing civil disobedience over a proposal by three Conservative school board members that seeks to rewrite history and minimize the teaching of civil disobedience:

"The school board proposal that triggered the walkouts calls for instructional materials that present positive aspects of the nation and its heritage. It would establish a committee to regularly review texts and course plans, starting with Advanced Placement history, to make sure materials “promote citizenship, patriotism, essentials and benefits of the free-market system, respect for authority and respect for individual rights” and don’t “encourage or condone civil disorder, social strife or disregard of the law.”

Denver students stage walkout over whitewashing history | Al Jazeera America

Good on the students. It seems it's the Conservatives here who need some lessons in history. This country was founded on civil disobedience and disregard for the law.
conservatives view history as propaganda. They want to teach pro American history, which of course is teaching propaganda.

History is not Pro anything. History isn't patriotic. And pushing free markets( a thing that doesn't exist) is just ideological propaganda.

The lie that conservatives fear government is exposed everyday for those paying attention.

Lemmings and Authoritarians want pro whatever nation propaganda taught as real history.

There is no such thing as pro American history, or patriotic history, or etc history.

There is only history.

This is conservatives using history as propaganda.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:39 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
It was a brilliant lesson though.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Huh, idiots pay a school so they don't have to attend. How warped is that logic? If they didn't like the curriculum when they applied, why go there to begin with?

Old 06-27-2015, 04:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
No kidding...what are they wanting to teach? We've always been here and leave out the disobedience to King George? Some of these rwnj types really need a good dose of reality...moronic.
I don't believe it to be civil disobedience to revolt against tyranny and oppression.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR4929 View Post
1. I don't spend my entire life on city data, so I had no idea how old this thread was
2. The link appeared in the sidebar so I didn't search it out.
3. I'll bump any thread I feel like, no matter how old it is.
4. Do I have to tell you where you can go or do you have a good guess?

1. Every comment on the page has a time stamp that is visible to you, you dont have to spend your entire life on city data to see how old the thread is.

2. good to know, but if you could see that, why couldnt you see the time stamps ??

3. I never said you couldnt, I simply asked your reasoning for bumping a 9 month old thread.

4. Now, you are just angry.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:40 PM

175 posts, read 257,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Every comment on the page has a time stamp that is visible to you, you dont have to spend your entire life on city data to see how old the thread is.

2. good to know, but if you could see that, why couldnt you see the time stamps ??

3. I never said you couldnt, I simply asked your reasoning for bumping a 9 month old thread.

4. Now, you are just angry.

1. Are you just completely bored or are you really that petty?
2. I didn't pay attention, so what are you going to do about it?
3. I already gave you the only reason you need to know, I FELT LIKE IT.
4. You got to #4 before you realized that, you genius! Maybe if you weren't so condescending with your multiple question marks and your superiority complex you'd get a little more respect.

Old 07-01-2015, 06:06 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't believe it to be civil disobedience to revolt against tyranny and oppression.
Civil disobedience is a protest against injustice, Injustice only exists in tyrannical and oppressive regimes which is the definition of Obama's America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies