Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:12 PM

208 posts, read 236,031 times

Advertisements

"Global Warming". I can't even say it without laugh out loud.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
If you'd bothered to watch the video I posted, he agreed with this.

What people aren't understanding is the green agenda is about creating laws and regulations beyond the level of individual nation states so that they eventually have a global dictatorship. The European Union is a stepping stone toward this end. It's done gradually over a long period of time so that people don't notice and/or take it as normal, natural, & inevitable. If the hypocrisy of one cause is exposed, they have 10 more tools in their arsenal to achieve the same end.
The WTO already beat them to it over 20 years ago. Everything is heading in that direction, not just the green agenda.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:16 PM

574 posts, read 696,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
Or it might actually create full time jobs and wow, what a no no there.
I shudder to think about the economic (and environmental) damage the environmentalists' opposition to nuclear power has done. And I don't buy into human-caused global warming, but apparently it's very good with carbon. You could run your electric car on nuclear power!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
If you'd bothered to watch the video I posted, he agreed with this.
Then he would agree with the fact that pollution is causing glaciers and ice sheets to melt much faster than before. Especially after seeing the film footage of every aspect of the process.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentGrad1 View Post
I shudder to think about the economic (and environmental) damage the environmentalists' opposition to nuclear power has done. And I don't buy into human-caused global warming, but apparently it's very good with carbon. You could run your electric car on nuclear power!
The problem with nuclear power is that so many of the plants had been planned for seismically unstable areas, like the fault lines in the Bay Area. Does the Fukushima disaster mean nothing to you?

Old 09-29-2014, 08:31 PM

174 posts, read 181,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
The thing that we all know about burning coal is that this kind of technology, from the mines to the fires, is fraught with problems ranging from safety concerns to horrendous pollution. Global warming...That's become quite the political football, and in light of that I'll refrain from making any attempt to comment on it beyond saying that it is obviously causing a lot of polarization in a nation that needs less of it.

Carbon emissions...Not altogether a good thing when considering the health issues surrounding air pollution in our largest cities. Conspiracy tales of Al Gore and others playing the role of Dr Evil with regard to AGW is certainly entertaining stuff but on it's face seems ludicrous, and tiring to say the least. It can't hurt to have the worlds leading manufacturing nations coming together to talk about the issues surrounding industrial pollution, as a car crazy nation we are seeing the problem with these objects of worship that began as nothing more than a way to get around. Coal isn't anymore of a thing worthy of our deifying than the car, so lets agree on one thing, pollution IS bad...

No doubt pollution is bad. However, the problem here is not about pollution, it is about an American administration selling citizenry on the Global warming scam (and believe me they could give a crap about pollution) in order to stop certain business from operating in the USA. But they send the work to another country letting the believers, the followers and the green fanatics think that they actually cared and stopped the pollution, which has not stopped at all, only transferred to make somewhere else money besides USA. This is called hypocrisy.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
No doubt pollution is bad. However, the problem here is not about pollution, it is about an American administration selling citizenry on the Global warming scam (and believe me they could give a crap about pollution) in order to stop certain business from operating in the USA. But they send the work to another country letting the believers, the followers and the green fanatics think that they actually cared and stopped the pollution, which has not stopped at all, only transferred to make somewhere else money besides USA. This is called hypocrisy.
You know, it would have made such a big difference if you'd posted this in your OP. A world of difference! The quality of discussion you generate relates directly to the quality of the OP.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,985 times
Global warming is a fake, a real simple scam. I mean, it was faked by some "scientists" who used biased data. And, there are natural cyclical changes in Earth's climate, (10000 years ago glaciers were unloading in Central Park, and then receded far north, long before the first factory was built), and people who think that human activities actually are so important for the planet are arrogant jerks Wait for the sunset, and you see how it affects the temperature. We have a star in just 8.5 seconds of light speed away, and this is what makes Earth alive and this is what can make Earth burn or freeze. Not we, little ants in Earth's bush.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:27 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
You're on the right track here. Global warming is yet one more tool used by the Global Elite to centralize power and control in the hands of the very few. While they expect everyone else to live in tiny apartments, the elite spokesmen like Al Gore get to live on sprawling estates.

David Icke, a former Green Party member in Britain, talks about the real agenda of Global Warming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIRyZevAYPU
Explain why a wealthy successful person enjoying his wealth and success means he cannot have an opinion on environmental concerns.

Should he keep all his money in a bank and live in a shack if he has these concerns.

Should anyone who feels strongly about starvation, starve themselves?

Should people who feel strongly about child abuse shut up, unless they themselves have been abused?

The logic here eludes me.

Old 09-29-2014, 10:30 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Glaciers are melting. Whether humans are causing it is debatable.

Even the History Channel did a documentary about the climate during the "Medieval Warm Period". The climate was warmer then than it is now, and it clearly wasn't caused by industrial pollution. Of course, the last half hour of the 90 minute documentary, they ranted about global warming, even though the first hour of it was all about how the climate warmed up during the Middle Ages and then subsequently cooled off for a few hundred years until things began warming up again in the 19th century.
Is it not possible that we are in a cyclical warming period AND that humans are adding to the problem too? Or are those two things mutually exclusive in your mind?

Is it a potential problem that should be investigated or should we just ignore the possibility there might be a problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies