Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 05:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,399,574 times

Advertisements

Why blacks worry

MSNBC contributor Jonathan Capehart details the reaction of many black Americans to the news that an intruder made it all the way into the White House. I talked to a black friend of mine just today and he relayed the same concern. He believes that there is an effort underway to take down Pres. Obama.

Normally I would be dismissive, but in this case there are a lot of very strange juxtapositions. In the first place it is just unfathomable to me that an intruder would be allowed to penetrate into the WH. According to the WaPo, it has never happened before. And this President is not only the first black president, but the guy on whose watch bin Laden was killed, and the president who vociferously took credit for the deed. Such lax security just does not add up.

Quote:
Breaches of the White House fence have become more common, but most jumpers are tackled by Secret Service officers guarding the complex before they get even a third of the way across the lawn. Gonzalez is the first person known to have jumped the fence and made it inside the executive mansion.
In the second place the Secret Service lied about the incident to the press after it happened, claiming that the intruder had been detained at the door. And they did not inform Pres. Obama of the incident; he learned about it from the newspapers, like the rest of us. These lies are smoke, and where there's smoke there's fire.

On to my conspiracy theory, and its just a theory--what if some Democrats decided that it was a good idea to bring harm to President Obama in order to create a wave of sympathy and save the day on Nov 4, 2014? We know that Dems face a likely shellacking again in these mid-terms. They have little chance to regain the House, and will likely lose the Senate. Billions of dollars are at stake, and tens of thousands of political appointee jobs. Desperate times always call for desperate measures. Whenever any prez faces attempted assassination, the result is an outpouring of sympathy from the American people. I've lived through it and seen it twice, as a young child re JFK and as a young man re Ronald Reagan.

I have zero proof but, many strange juxtapositions, and many unanswered questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 05:34 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,076,638 times
Are you truly putting this crap forward?????? Disgusting!!!! We have far to many whack jobs in this Country!!!!!!! Ugh

Old 10-04-2014, 05:38 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,244,697 times
I haven't thought about it, but you never know with our government anymore.

I would think they would do something that has worked in the past. Voter fraud, stifling the opposition, intimidation, or just downright slander/lying about their opponents. Something along those lines as they've gotten away with it before.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:54 PM

148 posts, read 149,692 times
Quote:
On to my conspiracy theory, and its just a theory--what if some Democrats decided that it was a good idea to bring harm to President Obama in order to create a wave of sympathy and save the day on Nov 4, 2014?
"Hey, it looks like we only have about a 40% chance of retaining the Senate in the upcoming election, which is considered one of the least important in years.* What do you think we should do?"
"Well, I've got good news for you! I've created a plan that will solve all of our problems!"
"Great! Is it something like more fundraising or better campaign strategies on the ground in Alaska and New Hampshire?"
"Nope, we just straight up kill the president!"
"I...what?"
"Murder the s**t out of Obama! Bam, sympathy points!"
"Seriously? Kill the leader of our political party and make Biden president? That's a terrible ide-"
"TOO LATE, ALREADY MADE THE CALL."

*The 2014 Election Is the Least Important in Years | FiveThirtyEight

Old 10-04-2014, 06:05 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,106,754 times
I have my own conspiracy theory...the SS officers at the WH have been on the job to long and fresh blood is needed....curiosity didn't kill the cat,complacency did....that's my theory.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:06 PM

I would add that the Secret Service has historically been the one federal law enforcement agency that I have respected. The BATF is at the bottom of the barrel, the DEA barely behind, and the FBI has a history of lies, nefarious designs, and dirty tricks.

The Secret Service has a pretty good record. I even considered the prostitution scandal to be boys being boys. But then a new appointee was brought in to reform in the wake of that scandal, and from there things went to hell in a hand cart. Again, there are things here that just don't add up.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:12 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,841,046 times
Reading things like this truly make me question whether everyone having the right to vote is a wise decision.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
"Hey, it looks like we only have about a 40% chance of retaining the Senate in the upcoming election, which is considered one of the least important in years.* What do you think we should do?"
"Well, I've got good news for you! I've created a plan that will solve all of our problems!"
"Great! Is it something like more fundraising or better campaign strategies on the ground in Alaska and New Hampshire?"
"Nope, we just straight up kill the president!"
"I...what?"
"Murder the s**t out of Obama! Bam, sympathy points!"
"Seriously? Kill the leader of our political party and make Biden president? That's a terrible ide-"
"TOO LATE, ALREADY MADE THE CALL."

*The 2014 Election Is the Least Important in Years | FiveThirtyEight

Charles Krauthammer explains why this election, especially the battle for the US Senate, is absolutely critical.
Charles Krauthammer: The real reason winning the Senate matters - The Washington Post

Old 10-04-2014, 06:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,257,804 times
The fact that we are talking about professional liars (politicians) who seem to lack morals, integrity, or any kind of a human soul? Anything is believable.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:28 PM

148 posts, read 149,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Charles Krauthammer explains why this election, especially the battle for the US Senate, is absolutely critical.
Charles Krauthammer: The real reason winning the Senate matters - The Washington Post
He's got a good point, but I didn't say it wasn't critical. All elections are critical. I said is was the least critical election for a while.

Let's face it, if the Dems had the genius idea of a B&E attempt in the FRICKIN WHITE HOUSE to kill (or maim, I guess? Like, take a finger off or something?) the president, they would've done it in 2010, when the Reps were threatening to take both houses in Congress, and only kept the Senate because of a few incompetent GOP candidates.

Or the Reps would've done it to Bush in 2008, when they were about to lose the presidency and any semblance of power. Or in 2006, when they lost Congress.

The point is, for the Dems, out of all the hills to die on, 2014 ain't it.

Last edited by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot; 10-04-2014 at 06:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies