Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton's and Barack Obama's training as disciples of Saul Alinsky. Hardball tactics right out of Rules for Radicals. Obama's four-year stint as a political organizer and agitator in Chicago's South Side neighborhoods gave him a hands-on education in Alinsky revolutionary

Saul Alinksy worked as a sociologist with the Institute for Juvenile Research in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 11:20 AM

Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright quoted as saying "God Damn America" and former pastor of President Obama is a Marxist and is the former pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

Bill Ayers former leader of the terrorist Weather Underground and an associate of President Barack Obama. In 1969 he co-founded the Weather Underground, a self-described communist revolutionary group. Ayers grew up in in Chicago, Illinois.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:23 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
With DNA yes. With the policies of the country not so much.
Gosh, you're right. The best example of a policy not affecting the country is Obamacare, right? I mean, it's just a single law, and it wouldn't have been passed if Obama hadn't been elected, so there's a great example of an individual politician's policies not affecting the country much.

Right?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Gosh, you're right. The best example of a policy not affecting the country is Obamacare, right? I mean, it's just a single law, and it wouldn't have been passed if Obama hadn't been elected, so there's a great example of an individual politician's policies not affecting the country much.

Right?
Romney enacted Romneycare. It's nothing but politics to argue. Obamacare....booooooo. Romneycare....Hooray.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Right?
For the WORSE.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Romney enacted Romneycare. It's nothing but politics to argue. Obamacare....booooooo. Romneycare....Hooray.
What on earth does what Romney did in a single state have to do with the discussion?

Answer: NOTHING. It also has nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote. I commented on the fact that a candidate or politician's policies actually do matter.

And BTW, don't put words in my mouth. I know very little about the law in Massachusetts, and I don't care about it. I wasn't a resident of that state then, I'm not now, and in all likelihood, I never will be. The law in that state is irrelevant to me, and I certainly would never cheer it. In fact, based on the little that I do know about it, I probably would have fought it just as I fought against Obamacare. I don't care about politicians - I care about policy, and any policy that requires someone to purchase something they may not want or need is bad policy, plain and simple.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
What on earth does what Romney did in a single state have to do with the discussion?
I stated what it had to do with it.

Quote:
Answer: NOTHING. It also has nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote. I commented on the fact that a candidate or politician's policies actually do matter.

And BTW, don't put words in my mouth. I know very little about the law in Massachusetts, and I don't care about it. I wasn't a resident of that state then, I'm not now, and in all likelihood, I never will be. The law in that state is irrelevant to me, and I certainly would never cheer it. In fact, based on the little that I do know about it, I probably would have fought it just as I fought against Obamacare. I don't care about politicians - I care about policy, and any policy that requires someone to purchase something they may not want or need is bad policy, plain and simple.
So it seems you, upon contemplation would agree that their actions are very similar. That's my position.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:49 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She would have known how to work with both parties much like Bill had to do.
As self centered as she might be there's no comparison to the unskilled narcissist now in office.

Obama has done a great job in making Bill Clinton look like a great President (even to many conservatives)
W made Clinton look good...

Old 10-13-2014, 05:54 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The country would have had a manager instead of a perpetual campaigner. People voted for nothing more than a great aurator with an ideology, and now even Jimmy Carter is calling Obama out.

I mean, think about that for a second. Arguably the worst President in the last 100 years is calling Obama out!!! Holy cow, how bad does one have to be for that?
Everyone calls out a President late in his second term... its how politics work.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
She would have known how to work with both parties much like Bill had to do.
As self centered as she might be there's no comparison to the unskilled narcissist now in office.

Obama has done a great job in making Bill Clinton look like a great President (even to many conservatives)

Bill gave us NAFTA, the 2000 China Trade Act, the repeal of Glass-Steigal and unregulated derivatives.

We don't need to repeat the mistakes of the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies