Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:31 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
more than 80% of people still believe in a deity.
Actually I think people are more self centred and more about "themselves".
In other words, narcissistic.

Yeah but those same phonies[Sunday morning pew warmers] put their god back in his box as soon as they walk out of the church! Go home to smoke their weed and pull the tab on their beers,and it's hilarious how the men stay home Sunday night for football so only the women show up for evening service!They are as 'Christian' as Bush was[He doesn't even have a 'Home' church,lol]!

Americans should just be honest and embrace secularism,and stop playing church!

Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
and I like to hear from those liberals that would have voted for a muslim president, would you vote for a bible thumping president again like Bush?
No, and I wouldn't vote for a Muslim of that type either.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:45 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Our current Muslim sympathizer is in the back pockets of CAIR....a quasi-hate organization operating under the guise of tolerance. Our current Muslim sympathizer on Day 1 decided that there would be "sunlight" between America and Israel. Our current Muslim sympathizer (ie. Mr. Bow At The Hips) is so paralyzed by Muslim sympathies that his foreign policy is in shambles. Our current Muslim sympathizer eradicated words like "War On Terror" because he thought it offended Muslims. The list goes on an on. What makes you think that a full-blown Muslim would operate with less enthusiasm for Muslim affairs than our current worthless Muslim-sympathizing President?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Conspicuously, you did not answer the question: What would make you think a full-blown Muslim would have less enthusiasm for Muslim affairs than our current worthless Muslim sympathizing President?

Reagan, Bush, et al have no place in this conversation. That you brought them into the conversation tells me that you have nothing.
The administration allowed training manuals to be 'cleansed' of offensive language and terminology that Muslims deem to be 'offensive'. Why the catering to Muslims?

Did CIA Meet With CAIR to Purge Anti-Muslim Training Material? It

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah but those same phonies[Sunday morning pew warmers] put their god back in his box as soon as they walk out of the church! Go home to smoke their weed and pull the tab on their beers,and it's hilarious how the men stay home Sunday night for football so only the women show up for evening service!They are as 'Christian' as Bush was[He doesn't even have a 'Home' church,lol]!

You are painting with a broad brush, the same as many people do with respect to their prejudices and biases about gays, Roman Catholics, Evangelicals, Mormons, atheists...on and on.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I'd vote for a candidate who openly placed the country ahead of his/her personal interests including religion and could support the claim with past performance.

PLEASE find us one.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
A muslim who agreed with my political beliefs would be a nonjihadist, would be a strong supporter of women's rights, and would understand why the separation of church and state is a *good* thing.

Don't tell me such muslims don't exist. Malala just won the nobel peace prize.
Yeah President Obama did also, he has bombed more countries than President Bush! It wasn't part of any of his speeches to bomb many countries and hand out guns to "rebels"

Our ruling..................

Granderson said Obama has conducted “twice as many strikes (on) countries that are predominantly Muslim” as Bush.
https://followingworldchange.wordpre...tries-as-bush/

No, I would not vote for a Muslim for America's President.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by southward bound
Quote:
You are painting with a broad brush, the same as many people do with respect to their prejudices and biases about gays, Roman Catholics, Evangelicals, Mormons, atheists...on and on.
That's because I happen to know what a total FARCE religion is... after being an evangelical Christian for many years and seeing what goes on in churches and in the homes of most Christians of every denomination!

But this is off-topic.We can kiss America goodbye if we ever allow anyone more Muslim than Obama in the Whitehouse,he's doing a good job of destroying the US,sure don't want more crap like that!

Old 10-14-2014, 07:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

Some Christians don't do any of the things you mentioned above, then again so what if they do. Why is it okay if secular people are lazy and some Christians can't be?? Some people happen to work hard and play harder, don't recall this as a sin in the Bible.

I do agree too many men chase balls and watch balls being chased!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some Christians don't do any of the things you mentioned above, then again so what if they do. Why is it okay if secular people are lazy and some Christians can't be?? Some people happen to work hard and play harder, don't recall this as a sin in the Bible.

I do agree too many men chase balls and watch balls being chased!
But a huge '%' of those 80% CLAIMING to believe in a diety,do,do those things, and some do even worse!

Old 10-14-2014, 08:21 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Dragging his feet, and only enough to satisfy people like you who would believe that he is actually doing something.
So in other words, there is nothing Obama could do or not do with ISIS that would satisfy you.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:55 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
and I like to hear from those liberals that would have voted for a muslim president, would you vote for a bible thumping president again like Bush?
No. It has nothing to do with what the religion is. It has to do with if those religious beliefs dictate policy or not. I wouldn't vote for anyone of any religion that pushed their religion as policy. I would be open to voting for anyone of any religion who did not push their religion as policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies