Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
First, where did I say all religions weren't cults? Does "and" mean "no"?

Second, please list these orphanages that often killed children?

President Obama is NOT a Muslim. He is most likely agnostic or an atheist who used church for political reasons.
Sure.
Mount Cashel in Canada, run by Catholic priests.
Mission Indian Residential School run by the Catholic church in BC.
The Irish orphanage run by the good sisters, where they found the bones of 796 babies in a septic tank.

For starters.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
you're the one who brought up the nobel peace prize. I felt it was my obligation to point out what a joke of an award it actually is, since it was also awarded to a known terrorist mastermind who also stole at least 100 million dollars from his people. Subsequently your assertion of a Nobel peace prize is irrelevant. I would have thought that was a rhetorical point, but I guess I needed to explain.
I didn't bring the nobel up to validate my opinion. I brought it up because while I could have said that I know several american muslims who would meet my criteria if they ever ran for president, I would hardly expect that argument to carry any water in a public forum. Malala is a muslim who does not fit the evil-doer sterotype, and she is well-known - and hopefully will now become even better known. She is not unique, contrary to the paranoid among us.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wonder if the people who voted yes to a Muslim president understand that that would mean a person who believes that woman don't have the rights of a man? I wonder if these same people understand that a Muslim president is anti-gay.
Did you read the original poll question? Did you understand it?

Old 10-13-2014, 12:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I remember many people saying they couldn't possibly vote for JFK since he was a Catholic and would "take orders" from the Vatican.

I'm a Catholic.

I voted "yes" on the poll.
So you're ok with woman or gays not having rights? Do you vote Democrat?

Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Muslim is not a religion, it's a cult determined to take over the world. Read the Koran or ask obama what they are really up to...

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
If I thought they'd be a good president, yes. I don't vote based on religious beliefs.
Exactly...if they held my political beliefs...including making same sex marriage legal, then I have no problem voting for one.

I won't vote for a bible thumper who uses their faith to base their politics on.

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
President Obama is NOT a Muslim. He is most likely agnostic or an atheist who used church for political reasons.
So he is a typical progressive hypocrite, who lies to gain power? Sounds about right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word is the Sufi Muslims are decent; they're the ones who had their stuff destroyed in Timbuktu a couple years back by Islamist pigs. That even pissed off many Christians here in the US.

I'd take a chance on a POTUS who was Sufi.
So you'd risk the Constitution on a Sufi leader?

Do you actually give a good thought the implications of what you say before you type it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Exactly...if they held my political beliefs...including making same sex marriage legal, then I have no problem voting for one.
GOD forbid a Bible thumper is in office, but the only criteria for a Muslim President is that he is pro gay?

That's not even possible!

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Just thought it would be interesting to see how many would and wouldn't. Feel free to explain your reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Poll Question:
Just thought it would be interesting to see how many would and wouldn't. Feel free to explain your reasoning.

Answer to your Question: yep, what I miss? Religion will effect policies

Quote:
So you're ok with woman or gays not having rights? Do you vote Democrat?

Old 10-13-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
^^^ yep, what I miss?
The part that said "Yes (If they fit my political beliefs)"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies