Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hmmm, I thought the Cons here were all for companies being able to discriminate however way they wish, or is only when it comes to companies run by Cons? So, either you have a double standard or don't. Somehow I doubt is was simply about them owning a gun, usually there is more to the story and I doubt this case will be any different.
Actually if hired 'at will' a company can fire someone for an undisclosed reason or color of your tie.
It's the law. There are other laws for protected species, aside form that a company can win but lose in the court of public opinion. How many were fired for not supporting human caused global warming?

If there wasn't more than one side we wouldn't need lawyers, however, if fired for owning a firearm that is a violation of te law and the business should be held liable.

The portals of social justice, formerly called schools, are perfectly aligned with this company's actions. A pattern is clearly seen where firearm ownership becomes a burden to the law abiding and not touching the source of 95% of all violence, gangs, drugs and drug users.

Double standard? Guess who owns the patent to double standard, hypocracy..the D-party.
Legislator Ye, a proponent of anti gun legislation caught selling weapons.
Eric Holder held in contempt for gun running in Fast and Furious.
VPOTUS encouraging the commission of a felony by telling people to fire a warning shot.
"..... Illinois State Senator Donne Trotter (D-17th district; pictured), the vociferous opponent of the right of citizens to “keep and bear arms” who has now been charged with a felony after allegedly attempting to board an airplane with a concealed handgun in his possession"

"U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, who never misses an opportunity to push for average Americans to be stripped of their rights, who for years had a permit allowing her to carry a handgun concealed"

...and then there is the illustrious Degette who has the power to pass legislation and is completely ignorant of the subject she professes to legislate. Kith and kin to the D-party legislators who passed the PPACA without knowing its details and without reading the legislation. Add irresponsible behavior to that double standard/hypocracy charge.....

"Since 1997, DeGette has been introducing legislation in Congress to ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Her current bill to that effect is H.R. 138, the “Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act,” which she and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced on January 3[SIZE=2]rd[/SIZE].
But at 31:30 in the video of the Denver event, DeGette proved that after all these years, she still doesn’t know a box magazine from a box of breath mints. This is what she said: “What is the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you. These are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,987,381 times
The 2nd Amendment restricts the government, not private businesses.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Seems like pieces of this puzzle are missing.

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I thought the Cons here were all for companies being able to discriminate however way they wish,"

Obviously, what you "thought" is wrong.
True, they only want companies that discriminate on issues they agree with not those they disagree with, it is called a Double Standard and is one of the mottos of the far right in this Nation. By the way discrimination laws do not cover gun ownership.

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Well.... All I can say is thankfully my boss is a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment and would never do something like this.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Actually if hired 'at will' a company can fire someone for an undisclosed reason or color of your tie.
It's the law. There are other laws for protected species, aside form that a company can win but lose in the court of public opinion. How many were fired for not supporting human caused global warming?

If there wasn't more than one side we wouldn't need lawyers, however, if fired for owning a firearm that is a violation of te law and the business should be held liable.

The portals of social justice, formerly called schools, are perfectly aligned with this company's actions. A pattern is clearly seen where firearm ownership becomes a burden to the law abiding and not touching the source of 95% of all violence, gangs, drugs and drug users.

Double standard? Guess who owns the patent to double standard, hypocracy..the D-party.
Legislator Ye, a proponent of anti gun legislation caught selling weapons.
Eric Holder held in contempt for gun running in Fast and Furious.
VPOTUS encouraging the commission of a felony by telling people to fire a warning shot.
"..... Illinois State Senator Donne Trotter (D-17th district; pictured), the vociferous opponent of the right of citizens to “keep and bear arms” who has now been charged with a felony after allegedly attempting to board an airplane with a concealed handgun in his possession"

"U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein, who never misses an opportunity to push for average Americans to be stripped of their rights, who for years had a permit allowing her to carry a handgun concealed"

...and then there is the illustrious Degette who has the power to pass legislation and is completely ignorant of the subject she professes to legislate. Kith and kin to the D-party legislators who passed the PPACA without knowing its details and without reading the legislation. Add irresponsible behavior to that double standard/hypocracy charge.....

"Since 1997, DeGette has been introducing legislation in Congress to ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Her current bill to that effect is H.R. 138, the “Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act,” which she and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) introduced on January 3[SIZE=2]rd[/SIZE].
But at 31:30 in the video of the Denver event, DeGette proved that after all these years, she still doesn’t know a box magazine from a box of breath mints. This is what she said: “What is the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you. These are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”"
Sorry, but the man never lost his 2nd A rights and the company was not trying to take them away, they simply terminated him. Major fail on your part, but you are missing the point and if his attorneys tried using your argument they would lose before even getting started.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Seems like pieces of this puzzle are missing.
I know...

I went back and read the thread twice......and had more questions than answers.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:16 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Quote:
Actually in Right to Work States the employer does not have to give any reason when they terminate an employee just as a an employee does not have to give any reason or notice when they leave a company.

That's referred to as "at will employment".

Quote:
That said most Cons support Right to Work regulations, I do also
You don't even know what it is. How can you support it?

Old 10-14-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well.... All I can say is thankfully my boss is a firm supporter of the 2nd Amendment and would never do something like this.
And most of us enjoy the same situation. Thing is his rights were not violated by being terminated.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post

That's referred to as "at will employment".

You don't even know what it is. How can you support it?
Yes, I do understand the laws on that, I work under those rules and most of my work is done as a Contractor and has been for over 30 years, which in reality all employees become in Right To Work States (at will employment, feel better now).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies