Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 03:58 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What amazes me is that the CDC will send a team at the drop of hat to a developing nation, but when it's a citizen and here in the USA. Press 1 for English, an operator will return your call.
Yep. And the Nurse who just was quarantined is pissed.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What amazes me is that the CDC will send a team at the drop of hat to a developing nation, but when it's a citizen and here in the USA. Press 1 for English, an operator will return your call.
Actually it took months(years if you count the previous outbreaks) for the CDC to send a team.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I care because her statement of "Welp, God did it!" makes my blood boil. Because God had nothing to do with it. It's in incredible insult to all of the doctors, nurses, chemical engineers and medicinal experts (among others) and the centuries of research and medical advancement that made her recovery possible. Not only is it insulting, it's just plain stupid to boot.
God is the healer of the body.

Where do you think the power to regenerate cells, fight off a virus with antibodies built in and the power to think with wisdom to combat a virus? Where does that system of power come from? God gave us the brain , but we are not smarter than God or know everything... we are far from knowing all and we constantly discover how we are made , how our body works and what makes us well. With the help of our God who created us doctors can apply wisdom they have found out , the laws of God toward the body and the healing power of God moving our immune system to overcome a virus.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:07 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
When you thank "God" for saving you, you are also stating that God did not find those who died of ebola--even the children--to be worthy of saving.

I would have much more respect for religious people if they just went home and asked God to save them, rather than going to the hospital and racking up hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs to be paid by everyone who has to buy insurance. To depend on medical science to save you, then give the credit to your imaginary friend if you survive, seems pretty silly.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:07 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why do you care ?

I dont understand people and the whole "thank God" thing in the first place.

Did they thank God when they got the virus too ???????????
I think it is culture for some.

I am not a religious person....but, was taken to church offend as a child.

Yesterday we were doing a hook-up on a water well.......a small step was not going as planned.

As soon as it did the first thing I said was, "thank-you Jesus".

I even wondered why I said that.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yep. And the Nurse who just was quarantined is pissed.
I wonder why she should be angry. The idea to not infect anyone. Are those who are trying to heal others , don't have that common sense not to spread ebola over here? They are trying to combat it over there and they are having a very hard time to contain it.. now knowing that , you would think having a quarantine would be welcomed to keep everyone else from getting this horrid disease.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

Where do you think the power to regenerate cells, fight off a virus with antibodies built in and the power to think with wisdom to combat a virus? Where does that system of power come from? God gave us the brain , but we are not smarter than God or know everything... we are far from knowing all and we constantly discover how we are made , how our body works and what makes us well. With the help of our God who created us doctors can apply wisdom they have found out , the laws of God toward the body and the healing power of God moving our immune system to overcome a virus.
In reality, the science developed over the last hundred years cure illness. One can interpret that to mean that God's hand is revealed in that, or that the tools themselves and their discovery were the intention of a creator. Given the day to day, whatever works to heal is what we will use. If it is science good if God great. The common denominator is caring, motivated, deliberate and smart. We don't really want to say who's who. We accept that the wisdom of our miraculous nature is enough. We don't own healing. We facilitate it. It is wonderful that we can. Thousands of years of suffering and still some do each day. The goal is to cure.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I wonder why she should be angry. The idea to not infect anyone. Are those who are trying to heal others , don't have that common sense not to spread ebola over here? They are trying to combat it over there and they are having a very hard time to contain it.. now knowing that , you would think having a quarantine would be welcomed to keep everyone else from getting this horrid disease.
She feels that she was treated poorly and her situation managed by incompetent people with little training.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I think it is culture for some.

I am not a religious person....but, was taken to church offend as a child.

Yesterday we were doing a hook-up on a water well.......a small step was not going as planned.

As soon as it did the first thing I said was, "thank-you Jesus".

I even wondered why I said that.
No, i understand the cultural thing.

But it seems she went into more detail than just "thank god".

I personally believe in God giving everyone freewill and dont understand the argument of "thanking" God for everything good, but not blaming him.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:15 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Quote:
Well he can come down and heal my body any time he wants.

Quote:
Where do you think the power to regenerate cells, fight off a virus with antibodies built in and the power to think with wisdom to combat a virus?
From the natural interactions of chemical compounds that have affinities with each other.

Quote:
Where does that system of power come from?
Time, and a hell of a lot of 'fine-tuning' by natural forces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies