Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 10:16 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The incidents of voter fraud are few and far between. Only citizens should be allowed to vote.
Only US citizens should vote, but studies show that a significant number of non-citizens may be voting:

Could non-citizens decide the November election? - The Washington Post

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 10:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
liberals, why is it important to let non-citizens vote in our elections?

This is actually a silly question. Liberals are going to try and let anyone who favors their policies vote.
This includes the dead as well as the illegals.

I'm sure I will become a Democrat when I die.

Poor you then! because with that being said? I am sure you will return from the dead. A disgusting practice, just to get more idiots on your own side. Illegal votes makes it criminal. Both party's are bad, one is just outright damn bad to their whole core.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Only US citizens should vote, but studies show that a significant number of non-citizens may be voting:

Could non-citizens decide the November election? - The Washington Post

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.
Guess that means we need a National ID that we get at the age of 18 that is only issued to citizens and will prevent people from voting in more than one election at a time.

I take it you support that?

Old 10-30-2014, 07:46 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times
Texans can't vote due to voter ID law. This is why liberals fight these dumb laws.
'Born and raised' Texans forced to prove identities under new voter ID law | US news | The Guardian

Quote:
So what passes as a reckless binge for Eric Kennie – a splurge on about $10 worth of fried chicken – is less than half of what he spent getting himself a copy of his birth certificate.
The outcome was perhaps predictable by now: the birth certificate wasn’t up to scratch either. When he took it to the DPS (another three buses there, three buses back, another two hours waiting in line) they told him that the name on the birth certificate didn’t match the name on his voter registration card. The birth certificate has him down as Eric Caruthers – his mother’s maiden name – even though his parents were married at the time he was born.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,192,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
You really believe this? It has nothing to do with limiting a Citizen the their Constitutional right to vote, 1 time per election !!!
Sure, that's why they tried to stop early voting in FL and OH -- not because unqualifieds voted but because too many minority group members and elderly were marched right from church to the polls.

Early voting had little or no vote fraud attached to it as an entity. Republicans sought to stop it just to curtail the number of votes from likely Democrat voters.

New voter ID laws are just the 21st century equivalent of the poll tax. I find them un-American.

If the GOP is such a better option it should concentrate in making this allegation to all voters instead of deterring some voters.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:11 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,931 times
The hysteria over voter fraud is amusing. Please keep it up republicans. Those of us on planet earth know you can't win on your own merit with a platform of failed policies and hatred of minorities, promoted by batsh*t crazy members of your party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Guess that means we need a National ID that we get at the age of 18 that is only issued to citizens and will prevent people from voting in more than one election at a time.

I take it you support that?
Certainly not republican politicians. They want these voter ID laws kept at the state level so they can piecemeal it in their favor (i.e. suppress the vote in a handful of states).

Old 10-30-2014, 09:19 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
You need to look a few threads up where the State of Maryland is suing over voter fraud. LaRaza is publishing all the states where no voter ID is required so the illegals can flock there to vote. It's not hysteria and it's not amusing. I hope other states sue too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post
The hysteria over voter fraud is amusing. Please keep it up republicans. Those of us on planet earth know you can't win on your own merit with a platform of failed policies and hatred of minorities, promoted by batsh*t crazy members of your party.

Certainly not republican politicians. They want these voter ID laws kept at the state level so they can piecemeal it in their favor (i.e. suppress the vote in a handful of states).

Old 10-30-2014, 09:44 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You need to look a few threads up where the State of Maryland is suing over voter fraud. LaRaza is publishing all the states where no voter ID is required so the illegals can flock there to vote. It's not hysteria and it's not amusing. I hope other states sue too.
It's not the state of Maryland filing the lawsuit. The lawsuit has been filed by Virginia Voters Alliance, a spawn of the Tea Party, against the state of Maryland. They allege that voter fraud is rampant in Maryland because there are 40,000 people on both Virginia's and Maryland's voter registration rolls, and that there are some inconsistencies with jury documents and voting records. Sounds more like speculation than anything else, and until they make this "evidence" publicly available (which they won't), I'm not buying it. Right wing blogs are notorious for peddling bullsh*t.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
The new voter ID laws only can prevent voter masquerading -- not show who is qualified to vote. The ID shows who you are and not if you can legally vote. And voter masquerading is incredibly rare. In fact, one of the states with new voter ID laws could not show one prosecution for voter masquerading.
You know what else they couldn't show? They couldn't show one violation of the voting rights act in over 13,000 cases reviewed. Yet when that section of the voting rights act was judged to be no longer needed, who was up in arms over it? Why gee, it was the exact same liberals who say we don't need voter ID because violations of it are so rare.

So spare me the attitude. When it suits them, liberals are all for having laws to prevent voting irregularities. When it doesn't, they aren't.
Quote:
So the new laws are incredibly flawed if they are designed or intended to stop vote fraud. Only the naive could believe that it is their intent. Republican governors conspired to seek a way to lower the number of votes from constituencies not likely to vote Republican.
Complete hogwash. You actually declare it's naive not to believe leftwing political rhetoric? Come on. I suppose you also believe there was no corruption at the IRS, that the Benghazi embassy was attacked due to a youtube video, and that if you like your insurance you can keep it.
Quote:
The new voter ID laws are not about non-citizens voting at all. It is an un-American attempt to deter voting. Or do you believe in the Tooth Fairy?
I believe in following the law. Apparently, you don't.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:26 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Texans can't vote due to voter ID law. This is why liberals fight these dumb laws.
'Born and raised' Texans forced to prove identities under new voter ID law | US news | The Guardian
There will be no evidence whatsoever that Texas' photo ID law prevented 600,000 people from voting. It won't be because the evidence is suppressed - it is because there is no evidence.

Will a few voters be denied? Sure. That happens when the law changes. The man featured in the article has plenty of time to get his voting credentials straightened out for the next election.

Polls show strong support nationally for voter ID laws. Since the majority is NOT conservatives many left of center also support voter ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies