Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:38 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

He is right, but its not just the Dems....the Republicans are equally as dirty but in a much more subtle way.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:47 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I have never understood how a group of individuals can NOT see that they are being systematically played for patsies.

They are told to vote for those that have their interests at heart, only to never understand why their lot in life never improves.

The individual needs to examine carefully, the situation as it is. He or she may find they are the root cause of their own misery.
Yep. They keep voting for their own oppression.

It's self-destructive. The Democrats have successfully implemented a racially-targeted and tragic waste of human potential for the specific purpose of keeping a government-dependent voter base. Even though everyone knows this... Blacks keep voting for that to be done to them. SMH

Old 10-29-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
Everyone is taking note of the facts...Look at what has changed for poorer folks over the years from the same democratic party..Nothing,absolutely nothing...They tell everyone what their going to do for them and then do nothing. It's time for a change,something has to change and in my book. I'm voting a straight republican ticket this year.. It's about time to walk a new path. Maybe things will change, maybe not but more of the same is unacceptable.
I agree. It's unacceptable. Even uglier, it's very clear from an educational and therefore socioeconomic perspective that Blacks and Hispanics are being specifically targeted by Democrats to remain the Dem-voting poor underclass. Racism at its worst.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:02 AM

156 posts, read 119,317 times
Just because these men in the video are black doesn't mean that what they say is the gospel with regards to knowing WHY their cities are in bad shape.

It's not liberal policies specifically that hurt these cities or these people...it's corrupt politicians, a culture of violence, and broken homes. Liberal policies help these people put food on the table. Obviously not all people that live in the inner-city needs this assistance...maybe these men don't. However there are A LOT of people that do. These Liberal policies help put a roof over a lot of peoples heads. Liberal policies help them get into colleges to break the cycle of poverty. Conservative politicians have basically ignored the inner cities for decades. I feel that I personally have a lot in common with poor, inner-cities, blacks because I grew up in a VERY impoverished area in central Appalachia that is likewise ignored. The first house that I lived in as a chlid (born in 1986) didn't have indoor plumbing. We didn't have indoor plumbing until we moved into town in 1990. I'm the first member of my family that went to college. I'm the first member of my family that didn't go straight to the coal mines. I'm the first member of my family that doesn't have a history with drug abuse. ALL of that was helped by policies advocated by LIBERALS that helped my mother put a roof over our heads, put food on the table, and community grants that helped her go to night school to become an RN.

So...these men can run their mouth about how they dislike the policies advocated by liberals, but I can run mine too. The policies advocated by our representatives helped my region. It all goes back to the character of the politician. If you have a corrupt representative....you can expect bad results.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post
Just because these men in the video are black doesn't mean that what they say is the gospel with regards to knowing WHY their cities are in bad shape.

It's not liberal policies specifically that hurt these cities or these people...it's corrupt politicians, a culture of violence, and broken homes. Liberal policies help these people put food on the table. Obviously not all people that live in the inner-city needs this assistance...maybe these men don't. However there are A LOT of people that do. These Liberal policies help put a roof over a lot of peoples heads. Liberal policies help them get into colleges to break the cycle of poverty.
That last statement is pure BS. Look at the extreme differences in 12th grade public school students' basic proficiency percentages by race in my prior post:
//www.city-data.com/forum/37062343-post31.html

Liberals' insistence on keeping Blacks disproportionately undereducated, and therefore poor, is what causes the need for public assistance for food and housing, your first two examples. How do you not get that?

Old 10-29-2014, 07:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICITIESTITAN View Post

It's not liberal policies specifically that hurt these cities or these people...it's corrupt politicians, a culture of violence, and broken homes. Liberal policies help these people put food on the table. Obviously not all people that live in the inner-city needs this assistance...maybe these men don't. However there are A LOT of people that do. These Liberal policies help put a roof over a lot of peoples heads. Liberal policies help them get into colleges to break the cycle of poverty. Conservative politicians have basically ignored the inner cities for decades. I feel that I personally have a lot in common with poor, inner-cities, blacks because I grew up in a VERY impoverished area in central Appalachia that is likewise ignored. The first house that I lived in as a chlid (born in 1986) didn't have indoor plumbing. We didn't have indoor plumbing until we moved into town in 1990. I'm the first member of my family that went to college. I'm the first member of my family that didn't go straight to the coal mines. I'm the first member of my family that doesn't have a history with drug abuse. ALL of that was helped by policies advocated by LIBERALS that helped my mother put a roof over our heads, put food on the table, and community grants that helped her go to night school to become an RN.

So...these men can run their mouth about how they dislike the policies advocated by liberals, but I can run mine too. The policies advocated by our representatives helped my region. It all goes back to the character of the politician. If you have a corrupt representative....you can expect bad results.
what state did you live in 1986???

Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That last statement is pure BS. Look at the extreme differences in 12th grade public school students' basic proficiency percentages by race in my prior post:
//www.city-data.com/forum/37062343-post31.html

Liberals' insistence on keeping Blacks disproportionately undereducated, and therefore poor, is what causes the need for public assistance for food and housing, your first two examples. How do you not get that?
The policies advocated by liberals have assisted African Americans in gaining college admission. Why do you think you guys complain so much about Affirmative Action? On top of that the more INDIRECT assistance is what really helps. What do you think is the most integral part of a student's upbringing? I'll answer it for you......STABILITY AT HOME. Conservatives have essentially advocated cutting off the only lifeline a lot of these people have. Without stability at home....the results would be even lower than they already are.

How do liberals "Insist" on keeping blacks disproportionately poor and undereducated? Is this a school vouchers debate? If so, it is a bogus debate. I'm going to assume that you're going to try to argue that private-schools have better results. They also have the ability to select whomever they'd like. Public schools MUST take all children regardless of disability or background which skews their results. Vouchers will take money away from already under-funded public schools. Teachers in my hometown high-school had to use their own money to buy supplies. Mismanagement at the state DOE level isn't tantamount to "liberals wanting to keep blacks poor." On top of that...the majority of the inner-cities managed by Democratic mayors are housed in states with Conservative governors that place education near the bottom when it comes to priorities.

We should also look at the states with the BEST/WORSE education systems. Guess what states those are? I'll give you a hint.....They're mostly liberal.

1. Massachusetts
2. Maryland
3. New Jersey (despite it being a liberal state...I'll call it red because of Christie).
4. New Hampshire
5. Vermont
6. Minnesota
7. Florida
8. Pennsylvania
9. Washington
10. Colorado

As you see....LIBERAL states ran by LIBERAL governors have shown the highest success rates in educating students.

The WORST state are overwhelmingly managed by the GOP.

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. New Mexico
4. West Virginia
5. Alabama
6. Alaska
7. South Carolina
8. South Dakota
9. Michigan
10. Oklahoma

States With the Best (and Worst) Schools - 24/7 Wall St.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what state did you live in 1986???
Southwest Virginia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchanan_County,_Virginia

Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
really? how so?
Conservatives are not creating social programs that keep black people dependent on government for the rest of their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, conservatives suppress the advancement of blacks.

Speaking as a black male, the biggest problems of the black community are self-hatred (ingrained in us since slavery), the Church, and conservative ideology. If we rid our community of those things, it will prosper.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
For starters equating the parties as equal is a false equivalency.

Second, the Democratic Party post 1964 is not the cause of the Black Community's problems. The problems are structural based off residual effects from slavery, Jim Crow, and Housing Discrimination, made worse by 30 years of Reaganomics.
Underlined are pre-1964 issues.

Thank Democrats for institutional racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies