Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 02:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I actually like when people out themselves as bigots. It allows us all to know exactly who we're dealing with. You should try it. (Not that it's truly necessary. Most of us can figure it out after reading a few posts.)
Still didn't work.

You resorted to name calling when someone didn't agree with you. oops...that's the definition of a bigot

Old 11-02-2014, 02:09 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Still didn't work.
It never will.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Eexxactly... yet your ok with Dems using blacks to get some blacks all bothered so they'll vote Dem.
It's none of your business...really.

Worry about your vote.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
It's none of your business...really.

Worry about your vote.
Seems Democrats blaring all over they got the black vote made it everyone's business. Oh, and it's my money, worry about your own money.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Seems Democrats blaring all over they got the black vote made it everyone's business. Oh, and it's my money, worry about your own money.
Your money? What money? You ain't got a dime to speak of. Stop flattering yourself.

Ok fine...it's your business.

Now what are you gonna do about it?

Right...that's what I thought.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Your money? What money? You ain't got a dime to speak of. Stop flattering yourself.

Ok fine...it's your business.

Now what are you gonna do about it?

Right...that's what I thought.
Vote... vote... vote for revenge And keep hoarding my money

It's so funny. Your offended because you say it's your business but your all up in everyone else's business when it comes to their money.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:33 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
The key variable is commonality in goals / values / culture. Those who have mentioned their experiences in the armed forces as good experiences in 'race relations' is primarily because of this fact. Everyone is focused on a same primary goal and has to maintain certain 'military values' - mostly based on merit - to maintain the proper level of effectiveness in accomplishing something.

I've touched on this topic before so to save typing:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29833978

The problems occur when the small minded of any group use 'race' as a tool to maintain some level of protective status versus acknowledging differences and learning to cooperate on agreed acceptable behavioral standards and uniformly oppose destructive behaviors.

Much 'race card' usage is to defend the destructive elements among humanity rather than calling out the bad amongst us whatever ones 'race' / 'ethnicity' / 'vocational association' etc....

It truly would be nice (a la MLK) if we learned to base our outlook on each individuals character content rather than their physical identifiers - whatever they may be.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
The key variable is commonality in goals / values / culture. Those who have mentioned their experiences in the armed forces as good experiences in 'race relations' is primarily because of this fact. Everyone is focused on a same primary goal and has to maintain certain 'military values' - mostly based on merit - to maintain the proper level of effectiveness in accomplishing something.

I've touched on this topic before so to save typing:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post29833978

The problems occur when the small minded of any group use 'race' as a tool to maintain some level of protective status versus acknowledging differences and learning to cooperate on agreed acceptable behavioral standards and uniformly oppose destructive behaviors.

Much 'race card' usage is to defend the destructive elements among humanity rather than calling out the bad amongst us whatever ones 'race' / 'ethnicity' / 'vocational association' etc....

It truly would be nice (a la MLK) if we learned to base our outlook on each individuals character content rather than their physical identifiers - whatever they may be.
Good post. MLK had a dream but they are doing the opposite. Other wise Obama wouldn't have been president.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Old 11-02-2014, 02:42 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Supposedly we have freedom of speech or at least we used to. Land of the free.
Based on that, a racist or a bigot has every right to be a racist or bigot. In fairness we cannot pick and choose. We can agree to disagree on issues and beliefs and whatever just like I do not agree with a racists beliefs but I absolutely support their right to free speech and free thought. The way some us attack each other on this forum because of political views can be downright nasty, hurtful and only because of the forum rules stops just short of personal threats and attacks. But that is considered acceptable because it's politics. No biggie right? Just people arguing over beliefs and views?
So why can't a racist be open and vocal about their oppinions and beliefs? I need to know why it's "different".
In any situation as long as there is no physical or personal attacks a person should be allowed to practice free speech.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Vote... vote... vote for revenge And keep hoarding my money

It's so funny. Your offended because you say it's your business but your all up in everyone else's business when it comes to their money.
Vote for revenge?

See...it's like I always say: let a conservative talk long enough...

Here you are talking about specious reasons relative to the black vote, but now admit that you're gonna cast a revenge vote aimed at the black vote. Lol

You conservatives try to hold it in, but all I gotta do is get you to talking long enough (easy since conservatives tend to be loudmouths anyway) and it just comes spilling out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies