Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:20 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Talk about shallow. The Democrats voted in a guy with zero experience running anything just so they could pat themselves on the back for electing a black man to the Presidency. It wasn't even about him. It was about them feeling good about themselves.
No it was about being Anti-Bush.... which Obama was..... And y'all following the democratic model ironically...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
The lefts behavior today has been most atrocious and it is embarrassing to watch.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:24 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The lefts behavior today has been most atrocious and it is embarrassing to watch.

What behavior would that be exactly?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The "dark ages" are over. The economy should rebound nicely now that Barack cannot do anything more to stifle it.
It rebounded 4 years ago and is currently at an all time high.
I've made thousands of dollars by investing in the US.

How can the people on this forum be so utterly clueless about their own country?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
And this president brags on national media that HE heard the voice of 2/3 of voters that did NOT come out and vote.

How pathetic he is.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:32 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
It rebounded 4 years ago and is currently at an all time high.
I've literally made thousands of dollars by investing in the US.

How can the people on this forum be so utterly clueless about their own country?
How's your stock in Detroit working out for you? The coal industry? Hey, I bet you made a bundle on solar panel stocks, eh?

Old 11-05-2014, 05:33 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm hoping Keystone is at the top of their agenda. Then get the coal miners back to work and then let's become just like North Dakota where the blue collar jobs are plenty, not just in the industry but the other industries (construction, restaurants, real estate, hotels, etc.) that support the energy folks. The jobs are higher paying because they need workers. It will also give college students majors that translate to all kinds jobs after they graduate.
I think the Republicans have a chance to really expose the Democrats for the radical, fringe group they have become. Their obsession with gays, their obsession with race, their desire to rewrite the past and the future as they see fit.

All the GOP has to do is support unions (to a logical point) and realize they do have their place in America. And make sure they protect business, but workers at the same time. The two should go hand in hand, healthy businesses should lead to good jobs.

But come out and say it, WE are the party of the working folks, not the Democrats. We stand up for your job and your family values.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:35 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
How's your stock in Detroit working out for you? The coal industry? Hey, I bet you made a bundle on solar panel stocks, eh?

Try tech, banks, transportation, biotech, blue chips. Solar has paid well also.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:37 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But come out and say it, WE are the party of the working folks, not the Democrats. We stand up for your job and your family values.
I've got some oceanfront land for sale here in Colorado.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post

Don't be naive or ignorant. Follow auto manufacturers to the south and invest there, invest in nat gas instead of coal, and invest in Chinese solar manufacturers since they out subsidized us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies