Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:13 AM

779 posts, read 632,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
l and the Democrats are more "As long as they do what is expected of them; they get to sit at our table" racist.
See I thought that was more of a republican thing.That's why Michael Steele is out and Ben Carson is in. Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 08:07 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,871,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
See I thought that was more of a republican thing.That's why Michael Steele is out and Ben Carson is in. Haha
Look at how whenever there is a black Republican how many Democrats start throwing out terms like "House N----r" and "Uncle Tom". I have known Democrats who have called Clarance Thomas a "n----r" in front of me and any other matter of racial slurs, but when they get called out on it, they either claim it is merely hyperbole or that it isn't really racist since black Republicans aren't real black people.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Look at how whenever there is a black Republican how many Democrats start throwing out terms like "House N----r" and "Uncle Tom". I have known Democrats who have called Clarance Thomas a "n----r" in front of me and any other matter of racial slurs, but when they get called out on it, they either claim it is merely hyperbole or that it isn't really racist since black Republicans aren't real black people.
Look at how many people point out that black people are stupid, idiots or at best uninformed for voting Democrat. Black Democrats are slaves, lazy, wanting free handouts, etc.

I'm sure that the slurs occur but I know a ton of democrats and have never heard them say house n but they probably know that the term wouldn't be well received by me so they don't do it. I'm sure that there are legit trains to dislike Mia and Clarence. It's too bad that people can't stick to those.

That last sentence does bother me but it often does when we result to name calling and generalizing.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:30 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racional View Post
The only reason someone would do that is because of Dem propaganda, since the KKK has always been affiliated with the Democratic Party.
Of course, but if you ask that question to many Libs and their perception is Republican= Racist=Klan.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Of course, but if you ask that question to many Libs and their perception is Republican= Racist=Klan.

There are few to none who really believe that. If they're being dramatic sure but to think that most republicans are throwing on their white hoods and going to meetings every other week...um no.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:11 PM

169 posts, read 124,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Democratic brainwashing has unfortunately been effective.

Look, I don't blame the Democrats for trying to project their racism on the other party. It really is the only weapon they have.

The Democrats can't run on the merits of their platform, because the results of their policies have been demonstrated as being meritless.

All they can do is attack the Republicans and utilize the politics of personal destruction.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
It probably has more to do with them putting it in low-income areas which are also minority communities. It happens in rural white areas as well. They mainly pick places where they know that people do not have enough clout to really get things shut down. You wouldn't try putting it in T Boon Pickens' backyard but you might try the poorer area miles away with poor voter turnout and less of a voice.
That is true, but often those locations are cheaper to develop.

The racial makeup of the area is irrelevant - there are factories in Ohio and West Virginia located near poor whites.

That is why "environmental racism" is such a nonsensical term. When it can be adequately demonstrated that race is always the reason to locate a factory near a poor area, using control factors to include socio-economic levels across all races, than maybe their will be a good argument, and I would be the first to accept it.

Right now I just see it as another manifestation of the victim mentality that pervades Democratic politics in 2014.

Last edited by Racional; 11-11-2014 at 03:41 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
That is true, but often those locations are cheaper to develop.

The racial makeup of the area is irrelevant - their are factories in Ohio and West Virginia located near poor whites.

That is why "environmental racism" is such a nonsensical term. When it can be adequately demonstrated that race is always the reason to locate a factory near a poor area, using control factors to include socio-economic levels across all races, than maybe their will be a good argument, and I would be the first to accept it.

Right now I just see it as another manifestation of the victim mentality that pervades Democratic politics in 2014.
Are democrats playing it for votes? I hadn't even heard of our until you mentioned it on hate and had to read up on it.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Are democrats playing it for votes?
I don't know. I read it in a book that was discussing race as it pertains to urban development. That was one of many chapters.

Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me if "community organizers" are out getting the local residents riled up, and blaming "environmental racism".

Last edited by Racional; 11-11-2014 at 04:00 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I read it in a book that was discussing race as it pertains to urban development. That was one of may chapters.

Probably not, but it wouldn't surprise me if "community organizers" are out getting the local residents riled up, and blaming "environmental racism".
It would surprise me. We had issues in my neighborhood due to environment and the area that surrounded it. Kids in the neighborhood presented with higher incidents of allergies and asthma than average and the pollution was found to be an issue but not bad enough to justify shutting down a make company...not yet.

Only one site brings up environmental racism and it wasn't mentioned in articles our community events that I attended.

Most community organizers I've met are more focused on getting people the resources that they need and helping them to have a voice about issues that impact them instead of "riling people up".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies