Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 06:39 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Why won't they publicly release this then Read it, this isn't easily dismissable like global warming/climate change, you aren't being told the truth about 9/11
Prominent Saudis funded bin Laden? Gee, that's a surprise. People in the country that invented Wahhabism supported a guy who claimed to embody their philosophy? Who would've thought?

If you think that's where the micronukes or secret nano-thermite or holographic plane projections (I am not making any of this up, by the way) are documented, you'll be sadly surprised.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Why won't they publicly release this then Read it, this isn't easily dismissable like global warming/climate change, you aren't being told the truth about 9/11
guess you have no knowledge of ...national ecurity

guess you have no knowledge of what isn't important to the general population

what's on the 28 pages...who may or may have NOT funded it UNKNOWINGLY

wow...Saudi Arabia. might have given money (funded) to one of their own , NOT KNOWING they OBL was going to attack NYC or America

let me ask you this...when you DONATE to some cause....how much do you think REALLY goes to the cause.....

and most of the info has been LEAKED already

Classified pages of a 9/11 report may implicate key U.S. ally | PBS NewsHour

Quote:
Right after 9/11, a very unusual congressional inquiry, with both the House and the Senate Intelligence Committee chairmen, convened to find out what had happened. And they did quite a lot of research. This is before the 9/11 Commission took effect.

And they published their report in 2003, and it was heavily redacted, but there was one entire section, 28 pages, that was taken out entirely. And the Bush administration justified it on national security grounds.
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

the funny thing is the 28 pages says NOTHING about an inside job, explosives, missiles, nukes, thermite, or anything against the bush admin......yet you guys think its a conspiracy

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-28-2015 at 04:07 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 07:04 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee
Ridiculous debunked drivel and insulting to the thousands who died in this terrorist attack. You and the rest of the people who perpetuate this nonsense are truly deranged.
Why because we love our country and DO NOT ACCEPT THIS FAIRY TALE?? -- If you open your eyes,you will see all thats NOT RIGHT about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross
No and people who just accept what they were told DO NOT LOVE THIS COUNTRY.... If they can accept this w/all the stuff STARING THEM IN THE FACE thats wrong with the official story,they dont care and its sad!!

I actually had someone say to me "I DONT CARE" when I tried to tell them things,etc.. Its really sad.....

Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Why because we love our country and DO NOT ACCEPT THIS FAIRY TALE?? -- If you open your eyes,you will see all thats NOT RIGHT about it!!

No and people who just accept what they were told DO NOT LOVE THIS COUNTRY.... If they can accept this w/all the stuff STARING THEM IN THE FACE thats wrong with the official story,they dont care and its sad!!

I actually had someone say to me "I DONT CARE" when I tried to tell them things,etc.. Its really sad.....
well Obviously, this is a free country and you are entitled to believe what you want to believe.
But I would like to ask, does part of the reason you turn to conspiracy theories have anything to do with your lack of trust in the government?

The internet makes it easier to spread untruths.

Obviously, once you believe in conspiracy theory, the condition is hard to break.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:26 AM

1,245 posts, read 924,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
guess you have no knowledge of ...national ecurity

guess you have no knowledge of what isn't important to the general population

what's on the 28 pages...who may or may have NOT funded it UNKNOWINGLY

wow...Saudi Arabia. might have given money (funded) to one of their own , NOT KNOWING they OBL was going to attack NYC or America

let me ask you this...when you DONATE to some cause....how much do you think REALLY goes to the cause.....

and most of the info has been LEAKED already

Classified pages of a 9/11 report may implicate key U.S. ally | PBS NewsHour

the funny thing is the 28 pages says NOTHING about an inside job, explosives, missiles, nukes, thermite, or anything against the bush admin......yet you guys think its a conspiracy
When you use national security to cover it up, then what is there to hide?

That general population you speak of, is the low information voters, the thinkers are the ones that actually give a damn!

This is a video up from Rep massie

Last edited by lookb4youcross; 11-10-2014 at 07:39 AM..

Old 11-10-2014, 07:33 AM

1,245 posts, read 924,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well Obviously, this is a free country and you are entitled to believe what you want to believe.
But I would like to ask, does part of the reason you turn to conspiracy theories have anything to do with your lack of trust in the government?

The internet makes it easier to spread untruths.

Obviously, once you believe in conspiracy theory, the condition is hard to break.
That is easily applicable to TV news/media
The mainstream media on tv makes it easier to spread lies, and untruths too. You won't ever hear the truth from mainstream media on tv.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's like debating moon landing deniers - once you're done with a multi-page explanation of focal stops and light levels and film sensitivity, the next person steps up and asks "Why are there no stars in the photos, smart guy?" as if it was a brilliant, never-before-encountered stumper
Back when the moon landing was a major issue for CT'ers, I absolutely loved the "no stars" position and baited it whenever possible.

CT, "Have you ever wondered why you don't see stars in those photos or videos?"

Me, "What do you mean, no stars?"

CT, "Since it was shot in a studio, there were no stars in the background. When have you ever seen the night sky and no stars?"

Me, "That's very interesting. Do you think the lack of stars in photos and videos is an important part of the evidence there was no moon landing?"

CT, "Of course."

Me, "If we were to walk outside right now, how many stars would you see?"

CT, "None, because it's day time right now."

Me, "You do realize that when those pictures and videos were taken, it was day time?"

CT, "What do you mean? It was at night. Look at the black sky."

Me, "No, it is always day time where they landed. It's why you see the ground, the mountains in the distance, the flag, the lunar module, the astronauts and everything else. You didn't even know it was day time and you want me to believe your other points?"

CT, "Uhhhhh, are you sure it was day time?"

Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Dude.. you seriously believe that stuff? Tell me you're joking.

There are many questions that remain unanswered.

The CIA had Kennedy killed. I would not put it past them to have staged a red flag massacre to start another war in the world, to take more power in the push for that NEW WORLD ORDER, since the formation of the League of Nations.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:49 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Back when the moon landing was a major issue for CT'ers, I absolutely loved the "no stars" position and baited it whenever possible.

CT, "Have you ever wondered why you don't see stars in those photos or videos?"

Me, "What do you mean, no stars?"

CT, "Since it was shot in a studio, there were no stars in the background. When have you ever seen the night sky and no stars?"

Me, "That's very interesting. Do you think the lack of stars in photos and videos is an important part of the evidence there was no moon landing?"

CT, "Of course."

Me, "If we were to walk outside right now, how many stars would you see?"

CT, "None, because it's day time right now."

Me, "You do realize that when those pictures and videos were taken, it was day time?"

CT, "What do you mean? It was at night. Look at the black sky."

Me, "No, it is always day time where they landed. It's why you see the ground, the mountains in the distance, the flag, the lunar module, the astronauts and everything else. You didn't even know it was day time and you want me to believe your other points?"

CT, "Uhhhhh, are you sure it was day time?"
I read a quote once that is very appropriate, is said that "conspiracy theories are the sophistication of the ignorant."

It's a psychological need.
People always search for meaning, One of the most important ways in which an absence of meaning is dealt with is the feeling that events are being manipulated and influenced by hidden and powerful forces because even that is more comforting that accepting that we are at the mercy of random acts of violence or unexpected events.

The holes in such "logic" become apparent easily.

-It basically takes a large number of unexplained phenomena around a large event, like 9/11, lumps them all together in a big pile, points to it and says "SEE!!! Something fishy is going on" When in reality, no one can tie these random questions into one coherent plot or one direct line of evidence. If you are presenting evidence of a murder to a judge, you don't gather up all of the odd inconsistencies and odd occurrences found at the crime scene and say "something seems funny" you have to tie evidence together into a coherent plot that makes sense and for all of the attacks on the "official report" none of the 9/11 conspiracies have been able to do that.

- It leads to cherry picking "evidence". Now because of the internet. Anyone can Google structural engineering and learn enough about it to cherry pick "evidence" for what their conspiratorial mind was predisposed to believe in anyway. Then they can cobble it all together in a YouTube video and watch it go viral.

- It leads to a false sense of superiority, hence the quote, "the sophistication of the ignorant" They think they know something the rest of us are too stupid or too scared to face up to when in reality, it's the conspiracy minded who are too scared to face up to the fact that we are at the mercy of the possibility of sudden violence and it isn't part of some master plan or control by the powers that be.

We see this with the climate change alarmism too! We are terrified to admit that we are at the utter mercy of nature. But if WE think we can control nature, then we can attribute the so-called rise in temperature to being man's fault and man can change it back again with taxes and regulation. Utter hubris.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:31 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The CIA had Kennedy killed.
One bonehead conspiracy theory at a time please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies