Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Body Cameras for the Cops?
Yes 147 91.88%
No 13 8.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 12:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
My agenda is pretty simple and i made it quite clear.

I. Don't. Like. Big. Government.

Requiring other humans to wear body cameras is sick to me.... and it doesn't make any sense.

Make it a CHOICE and i'll be happy.

Bad cops and criminals don't give a shi-t about laws/regulations/requirements, so the presence of a body camera isn't going to all of a sudden change a bad cops behavior.
I don't like big government either.

However, police are government employees. What you're saying is, "well the VA employees are covering up their own malpractice, but I don't want them monitored, because that is big government"

It doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 12:24 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't like big government either.
lol ok

Quote:
However, police are government employees. What you're saying is, "well the VA employees are covering up their own malpractice, but I don't want them monitored, because that is big government"

It doesn't make sense.
looks like you don't like to listen to anything i've been saying.... being required to wear a body camera, is not really the same as just being monitored through some security cameras.... (i feel like i said this about 10 times btw)

set up security cameras on YOUR office building or hospital all you want, however don't require another PERSON to wear a BODY CAMERA.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:25 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
So what are you gonna do? put up a web site with a live feed of all of these cameras and expect all the police officers to just be happy about that? No, sorry.... don't expect forcing other humans to wear cameras to be an easy task, i wish you people luck.
If it is a condition of employment,luck is not needed....mandatory drug testing was not a condition of employment when many were hired,but if a company changed its policy then you either pee in the cup there or in your own bathroom at home and if you chose the latter you did it while unemployed.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
lol ok

looks like you don't like to listen to anything i've been saying.... being required to wear a body camera, is not really the same as just being monitored through some security cameras.... (i feel like i said this about 10 times btw)

set up security cameras on YOUR office building or hospital all you want, however don't require another PERSON to wear a BODY CAMERA.
Yes it is. In mine and 93% of the people on this boards opinion, most of which are conservative Republicans from many thread titles.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
If it is a condition of employment,luck is not needed....mandatory drug testing was not a condition of employment when many were hired,but if a company changed its policy then you either pee in the cup there or in your own bathroom at home and if you chose the latter you did it while unemployed.
Sorry but are you trying to say peeing in a cup is the same as being required to wear a camera?

It isn't btw....

I will pee in a cup every day of my life instead of being required to wear a body camera, actually when the government requires US police officers to wear cameras i'll be long gone out of this country, no way would i want to live in such a sick society.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry but are you trying to say peeing in a cup is the same as being required to wear a camera?

It isn't btw....

I will pee in a cup every day of my life instead of being required to wear a body camera, actually when the government requires US police officers to wear cameras i'll be long gone out of this country, no way would i want to live in such a sick society.
Well lets see.

One involves a private bodily function, and involves what you do on your own time, at home.

The other involves wearing a piece of equipment as a uniform, and only while at work.

I think you're wrong.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. In mine and 93% of the people on this boards opinion, most of which are conservative Republicans from many thread titles.
I highly doubt these voters in this poll are Conservative Republicans...

Old 11-13-2014, 12:33 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:

It isn't btw....

As a former LEO and as someone actually mulling over an opportunity to get back into it,I would WELCOME a cam with open arms,so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

It would help good cops in ways most can't imagine and smoke some of the bad cops into either changing their tactics or going back to work at WalMart...win-win for the cops...even cops hate a bad cop.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Well lets see.

One involves a private bodily function, and involves what you do on your own time, at home.

The other involves wearing a piece of equipment as a uniform, and only while at work.

I think you're wrong.
Just a piece of equipment, nice attempt at a sugar coat.

It's not "just a piece of a equipment"

Old 11-13-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
As a former LEO and as someone actually mulling over an opportunity to get back into it,I would WELCOME a cam with open arms,so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

It would help good cops in ways most can't imagine and smoke some of the bad cops into either changing their tactics or going back to work at WalMart...win-win for the cops...even cops hate a bad cop.
I respect that, wear your camera all you want... but don't force others to wear it because you want them to.

Bad cops aren't going to change their behavior the second they put a camera on (this is what you people need to understand, regulations, rules, laws don't really apply to the bad guys)... the bad cop will easily find a way to cover the camera and mic or just unplug it and go along with his unlawful actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies