Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 04:01 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,817,770 times

Advertisements

Michael Brown Shooting ‘Witnesses’ Admit They Lied, Were ‘Intimidated’ by ‘Community of Color’
Quote:
On Monday night, after the release of the grand jury verdict rejecting indictment of Officer Darren Wilson in the Ferguson, Missouri shooting of 18-year-old black man Michael Brown, President Obama took to the microphones. “We need to recognize that this is not just an issue for Ferguson, this is an issue for America,” he said. “[T]here are still problems and communities of color aren’t just making these problems up.”
Obama was wrong, at least in the case of Darren Wilson. In viewing thousands of pages of FBI interviews and grand jury testimony, it becomes eminently clear that many members of the local community did make up the story about Michael Brown being executed by Wilson – and pressured others to lie to police or keep silent.
Michael Brown Shooting

Old 12-01-2014, 04:08 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,089,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Michael Brown Shooting ‘Witnesses’ Admit They Lied, Were ‘Intimidated’ by ‘Community of Color’

Michael Brown Shooting
Snitches end up in ditches.

It's understandable that many witness statements did not match the physical evidence. I'm surprised they found anyone that corroborated the officers version of events.

DeAndre Joshua: Ferguson Witness Killed As Retribution, Conspiracy Theory Claims

Old 12-01-2014, 05:26 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,129,712 times
Five of the witnesses who corroborated Wilson's account of the event were black. What is sad is that the overblowing and politicizing of this event completely sucked the wind out of the police shooting a juvenile in Cleveland. That was worthy of closer examination but this farce exhausted the people's sensibilities. It wasn't a black vs white case like this one wasn't either, but a better case to profile over zealous police shooting first when it isn't necessary. I think the problem is that these cases arise and they just aren't the black vs white story that some want so the media and the haters try to turn them into one and they just can't.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:19 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,196,460 times
I would describe our President as an Anti-MLK. Martin Luther King worked to unite the races and looked to a better future for his race. Our President is doing everything he can to start another race war. Part of it is smoke and mirrors to divert our attention away from immigration invasion that is taking away jobs from Blacks and Whites. Part of it is to establish his own immortality. But none of it is to help the people of his Country.

In my almost 70 years I cannot remember one President that was so quick to jump into the fray without facts on his side. Then, even when he has the facts, ignores them. In this case he acts as if he wants an all out race war. He never supports the side of justice or law. Even now he has invited a criminal to debate his next actions. This is not somebody working for the best for his country.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,148,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Five of the witnesses who corroborated Wilson's account of the event were black. What is sad is that the overblowing and politicizing of this event completely sucked the wind out of the police shooting a juvenile in Cleveland. That was worthy of closer examination but this farce exhausted the people's sensibilities. It wasn't a black vs white case like this one wasn't either, but a better case to profile over zealous police shooting first when it isn't necessary. I think the problem is that these cases arise and they just aren't the black vs white story that some want so the media and the haters try to turn them into one and they just can't.
So what.

Have you identified those witnesses and made sure their story adds up?

If your confident they're all credible, I doubt it.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Did the police, or anyone not in the media, ever say there was a broken eye socket?

I don't thiiiiiink so.
Yes.

It was strategically leaked. The media ran with it via social media.

People on here are still running with he grabbed the gun.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So what.

Have you identified those witnesses and made sure their story adds up?

If your confident they're all credible, I doubt it.
Wilson's story is consistent with physical evidence. If the other stories corroborate Wilson's, then I'm sure the GJ considered them credible... Hence the outcome.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Yes.

It was strategically leaked. The media ran with it via social media.

People on here are still running with he grabbed the gun.
Was the GJ presented with evidence of a broken eye socket? No, so it wasn't a factor in the decision.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Wilson's story is consistent with physical evidence. If the other stories corroborate Wilson's, then I'm sure the GJ considered them credible... Hence the outcome.
Did you know that only 2 witnesses corroborated all of Darren Wilson's testimony?

Witness 10, well I'll let you judge his credibility.

The other is witness 30. I'll let you do the same.

I've looked over the physical evidence. The officer's testimony. Forensics. If you want to break the case down go for it.

Last edited by Gtownoe; 12-01-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Did you know that only 2 witnesses corroborated all of Darren Wilson's testimony?

Wilson 10, well I'll let you judge his credibility.

The other is witness 30. I'll let you do the same.

I've looked over the physical evidence. The officer's testimony. Forensics. If you want to break the case down go for it.
I've read the most of the documents, I didn't spend 3 months reviewing them, nor did I hear from 60 witnesses, nor am I a member of that community that was chosen to be on the grand jury well before this incident, but I can see how they decided there was not probable cause to go to trial, and certainly there would not have been a conviction. Very few witness statements were plausible and corroborated each other.

Last edited by Orlandochuck1; 12-01-2014 at 09:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies