Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 05:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Cosby's lawyer claims that the NBC employee could not know if this was bribe money or Cosby was paying for modeling services for one of his productions. My thinking is that allegedly Cosby's MO was to hit on young women (17 to 19 years old). If this NBC ex-employee has receipts I am sure that the women would remember what they were paid for - they should all still be alive.
Would still be there word against his (Cosby), I'm sure he covered his rear end, allegedly...lols

The show ran from 84 to 92, receipts could still be around. The gentleman with newest allegations, a 90yr old, not that age makes a difference in credibility...

Old 11-23-2014, 05:42 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
I don't care! He didn't do anything to me.

I just don't know why you'd wait 40, 30, 20, or 10 years to say someone did something to you. It's all just silly nonsense to me.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:20 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
He never did anything wrong. They are just past associates. It does not matter if they had sex or not. That is the bottom line basically. The original one is an starving artist looking for attention. Seriously you know how many girls in my would do the same thing if they believed I was famous?????

They want his money and that is all they want.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:22 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Don't really know except it appears well established that he had an eye for young women. The women may have been abused or they were just gold diggers trading favors for money and job prospects.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:31 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Those of you who are older - don't you remember these stories about Cosby going back for years and years? I don't even remember when I first heard the stories about women claiming that Cosby drugged then assaulted them, but it surely was back in the 80s sometime.

Those actions really do seem to be completely out of character, but what do we know about his private life?

Whether this is all true about Cosby or not, it certainly is true that there is absolutely nothing more devastating to a victim of sexual assault than not being believed.

Based on how long these stories about him have been out there, and the similarity of the stories, I'm inclined to believe he's guilty.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:43 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
To repeat the story of my tomboy Home room teacher from junior high told us in class ( ha ha ha in class ).

:: Her friend went a party. Passed out drunk. Somebody had sex with her, not only one time but multiple times ::

I am not going to go into the details of the story. However Bill Cosby was before sex germs scare and why people stop doing this sorta thing back in the 1990's.

That is why people got scared of having sex all the time. The end....You pretty much know the rest of this story.... I remember that horrible story as well; the tomboy sports woman told us.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:05 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's hard for people to understand how popular Bill Cosby has been over the years...from his stand-up comedy in the 60's to I Spy to the Bill Cosby show. This is not a guy lacking for female attention and I have a difficult time believing he needed to drug someone for sex.

Being a sexual predator doesn't have anything to do with how easily a guy might attract women.

Ted Bundy was an attractive guy who had no trouble attracting women.

Rob Lowe could attract women, yet somehow felt he had to pay for sex with an under-age girl.

The Green River Killer who raped and murdered over 35 women was thought good-looking and had no trouble dating and marrying.

Sexual assault and violence has nothing to do with how easy a man might find it to score in the regular world. It's an act of violence, cruelty, and degradation.

There's now corroborating evidence from a former bodyguard of Cosby's who says that he kept people out of Cosby's room when Cosby was busy assaulting girls as young as 16. That's sexual predation. It's got nothing to do with Cosby's ability to attract women.

Man Says He Stood Guard While Cosby Brought Models into Dressing Room

Last edited by ellemint; 11-23-2014 at 07:29 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Who knows? so far it's not clear at all, I have reservations about these accusations, why did it take so many years for these women to come forward ?
Some women did come forward.

Many did undoubtedly tell someone when the assault occurred decades ago. Janice Dickinson wrote about her assault in her autobiography published nearly a decade ago.

He settled out-of-court with one woman he assaulted.

It is incredibly difficult for any victim of sexual assault to come forward at any time, let alone a claim against a powerful celebrity.

We still live in a world where sexual assault victims are doubted, personally attacked, disparaged, and just generally treated like perpetrators instead of victims. The police and justice system still are very insensitive towards victims of sexual assault and do not treat victims fairly. In many cases it is the victim's reputation and standing in her community that is slammed and she becomes an object of scorn and abuse. Only about 3 % of rape cases that are prosecuted even end up with guilty verdicts, so difficult is it to prove sexual assault. It is thought that about 95 % of sexual assaults go un-reported.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I would say it's late in this story, not early. They're not going to proceed with any of these cases now because the statute of limitations has run out on all of them. Here in Michigan they've lifted the SOL but they assess the old cases one at a time to see if prosecution is even possible. Often the answer is "no," as badly as the county prosecutor wants to be seen as tough on sex crimes.

jessxwrites89: to "power and control" I would add "no witnesses." If he did what they say he did -- and would 13 people come forward separately with the same false story? what are the odds of that? -- a 'Mickey Finn' in the girl's drink would likely keep her from remembering anything at all the next day. If he did what they say he did, there may be many others who were drugged, raped and have no idea what happened to them.
Some of Cosby's sexual assaults were allegedly on girls as young as 16, states a former bodyguard.

Man Says He Stood Guard While Cosby Brought Models into Dressing Room

I think there are different statutes for sexual assault of children because it often does not come to light until the victim is an adult.

Cosby already sickened me when he joked about being thought of as a "terrible person" in his comedy routine a few days ago. And as to why folks are giving him standing ovations ---- what does that say about our society's reaction to sexual assault? that it's OK?

Old 11-23-2014, 08:02 PM

57,292 posts, read 26,206,502 times
One or two women coming forward might be open to question, this many women is difficult to dismiss. There is nothing to compare to this level of accusations.

His interview with the AP where he really stated nothing but asked that it be censored was one of the weirdest interviews I have seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies