Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 01:42 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times

Advertisements

Why would any fool have a problem with someone suing to enforce the law as written ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:42 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Those that saw any doubling probably had cut rate insurance before ACA and it cost them twice as much for actual insurance. That doesn't really surprise me.
We had a catastrophic plan. We also have a doctor who we pay for out of pocket for preventative and routine care. It was the perfect combo for my family. Now we're no longer allowed to have our old bare bones emergency coverage and we can't afford the new plans that really are very similar to our old plan just with a slightly lower deductible and a few bells and whistles that we don't need.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Yea... like I really needed to pay for Obstetrics care at my age...... Or better yet... that my husband now has it......
Like a 22 yr old woman needs to pay for prostate cancer treatments, but that isn't how insurance functions. You have never been able to pick and choose what your policy specifically covers, so I don't know why people think it should now.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We had a catastrophic plan. We also have a doctor who we pay for out of pocket for preventative and routine care. It was the perfect combo for my family. Now we're no longer allowed to have our old bare bones emergency coverage and we can't afford the new plans that really are very similar to our old plan just with a slightly lower deductible and a few bells and whistles that we don't need.
Your old plan probably would have dropped you the moment you needed it, and a catastrophic plan is about as worthless of a plan as you can get. You are basically throwing away money in hopes that nothing bad will happen to you because you won't be able to afford the effects of it. You might as well of have no insurance before.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:49 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,275 times
Quote:
Like a 22 yr old woman needs to pay for prostate cancer treatments, but that isn't how insurance functions. You have never been able to pick and choose what your policy specifically covers, so I don't know why people think it should now.
Yes you could to some extent... and you can with homeowners and car insurance too. You could pick the coverage, deductible, co-payments etc that you needed and could afford. You were not subjected to narcissistic people who thought that they and only they knew what is best.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:49 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,469 times
Bronze plans are essentially Catastrophic plans.

Try to keep up.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Yes you could to some extent... and you can with homeowners and car insurance too. You could pick the coverage, deductible, co-payments etc that you needed and could afford. You were not subjected to narcissistic people who thought that they and only they knew what is best.
Actually I use to work for an employer that provided insurance, I really didn't have any actual choices in what was provided to me, so I guess any employer that provided health insurance in the past was also "narcissistic."

Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Your old plan probably would have dropped you the moment you needed it, and a catastrophic plan is about as worthless of a plan as you can get. You are basically throwing away money in hopes that nothing bad will happen to you because you won't be able to afford the effects of it. You might as well of have no insurance before.
What do you think of the new ACA approved catastrophic plans? AKA, most of the Bronze plans?

Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Bronze plans are essentially Catastrophic plans.

Try to keep up.
I am well aware of that, yet the Bronze package goes further than past catastrophic plans....try to keep up.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:52 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,275 times
Quote:
Here's the problem. You apparently believe that insurance is designed to pay for you for everything. Years ago insurance was nothing more than major medical. When you went to the doctor you paid for your office visit. You paid for your own birth control. You paid your own prescription fees. I'll bet you get ticked that you even have to pony up a co-pay right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies