Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:20 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Maybe not if you're the raper.

The the rapee may have significant unkind feelings about it
Of those I've known, gay men do not generally view early sexual experiences with older men in negative terms. A straight man who was pressured or coerced into sex with a man may well have the feelings you describe; but all the evidence so far suggests the teenager was an eager participant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 09:52 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
No, it's how you handle it afterwards.
The last time this guy was at the White House was May 30. This story broke Nov. 26.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
A statutory rape charge is not the end of the world.
Quote:
Of those I've known, gay men do not generally view early sexual experiences with older men in negative terms. A straight man who was pressured or coerced into sex with a man may well have the feelings you describe; but all the evidence so far suggests the teenager was an eager participant.
Wow, just wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I seem to recall people saying it was okay for female teachers to sleep with their male students... so... par for the course, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Feel free to throw some more idioms in there.

FTR, this is statutory rape and should be equally prosecuted.
Some people have said that it's OK for female teachers to sleep with male students. I don't get the connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. NAMBLA is for people who have sex with pre puberty kids. this kid was like 15 and met them on an app that was supposed to be for adults.

2. The age of consent in 32 States is 16. What exactly is the difference between a 16 year old and a 15 year old except for the ability to drive alone ???

3. They were not charged with rape, they were charged with third-degree sodomy and one charge of third-degree sex abuse. Which means they didnt kidnap the guy and make him do it.

4. This guy isnt some big time Obama donor or friend.

President Obama raised 1.027 BILLION dollars in 2012. This guy only helped raised( not personally donated as you are trying to claim) half a million dollars.

Republicans always talk about Personal responsibility and truth until they see an opportunity to attack Democrats.

A 15 year old shouldnt even have the ability to sneak off and half sex with anyone, much less a 60 year old.
Another year of age, another year of maturity.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:35 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Another year of age, another year of maturity.
It may not be a year. According to the law it may be a day. It may be a minute.

Is there some being that sprinkles fairy dust (no pun intended) on a person at exactly midnight of their 16th birthday that converts "abuse" to "initiation" instantaneously? Of course there isn't. Only the law does that.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:52 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The last time this guy was at the White House was May 30. This story broke Nov. 26.
So, there's a 'statute of limitations' rated in months now?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
It may not be a year. According to the law it may be a day. It may be a minute.

Is there some being that sprinkles fairy dust (no pun intended) on a person at exactly midnight of their 16th birthday that converts "abuse" to "initiation" instantaneously? Of course there isn't. Only the law does that.
If the law didn't do that, the age of consent could be argued down to age 2. This geezer (same age as my DH so I'm not being ageist here) should have been a little more careful about who that he met online he had sex with. It's not like this never happened before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So, there's a 'statute of limitations' rated in months now?
I have no idea what you mean. I didn't say the guy shouldn't be prosecuted. Your comment was that it mattered what Obama did after he found out. Well, he hasn't met with this guy in three months, and the story came out TWO DAYS AGO! So now he (presumably) knows. Just what do you want Obama to do?

Old 11-05-2019, 08:06 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
I apologize for bumping this old thread but I spotted this tweet and a new article about Terry Bean. https://www.koin.com/news/crime/sodo...st-terry-bean/

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...14664087543809

Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"A prominent gay rights activist charged last week with sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy is a strong supporter of President Obama who has visited the White House more than a half-dozen times in the past two years, visitor logs show. Terrence P. Bean, 66, who raised more than a half-million dollars for Mr. Obama’s re-election campaign in 2012, last visited the White House on May 30 when he met with the president, first lady Michelle Obama and political adviser David Simas."

Terry Bean, gay-rights activist charged with sex abuse, was Obama bundler, White House visitor - Washington Times

I expect President Obama to Gruber him any minute now despite the fact that Obama called him, "a great friend and supporter."

''Conservatives complain that President Obama gets a free pass from the media, which acts as a de-facto public-relations shop for the Democrat in the White House. Never has that charge seemed truer than now as an ugly rape scandal unfolds on the West Coast."

Shhhhh - Top Obama bundler accused of child rape: Column

Interestingly enough, the second link comes from USA Today who hired that woman from National Journal, who did a hit piece on Darryl Issa, with input from the White House.
You don't say....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies