Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 04:54 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There are still plenty of jobs.........

It's just that Obama thinks the Illegals should now do them.
Let's invite another 5-10 Million more into the US.
The illegals given status by Obama are virtually all working now. You might claim wages will go down as a result...but they may move up as the illegals turn to legal jobs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 05:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You have no idea what you're even talking about.
Yeah...thought I'd walk in your shoes for once.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:26 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, it is tough when you a thug. I had to threaten to kill an HR guy in order to get my job.

When you're a thug you're a thug all the way...

Old 11-30-2014, 10:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the argument is give everybody a job that has a felony and the prisons will empty be.

the basic argument is that crime is caused by poverty poverty is caused by lack of a job
and that behavior and disposition towards violence is a non issue.
the argument denies that cultural factors contribute to why one people are 6 times more violent that any other.
that ignores all the work done by margaret mead on cultural factors and values as to behavior. bearing in mind she was looking at dirt poor black cultures where work is not a high priority yet violence is very low.
i dont thik poverty makes u violent i dont think anything makes u violent. i think envy makes you want to be violent.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the argument is give everybody a job that has a felony and the prisons will empty be.

the basic argument is that crime is caused by poverty poverty is caused by lack of a job
and that behavior and disposition towards violence is a non issue.
the argument denies that cultural factors contribute to why one people are 6 times more violent that any other.
that ignores all the work done by margaret mead on cultural factors and values as to behavior. bearing in mind she was looking at dirt poor black cultures where work is not a high priority yet violence is very low.
i dont thik poverty makes u violent i dont think anything makes u violent. i think envy makes you want to be violent.
poverty doesn't make you violent because I grew up in the ghetto and was nowhere near violent

Old 11-30-2014, 10:43 PM

805 posts, read 1,084,995 times
High unemployment among blacks is a problem, but it's deeper than that. The root cause of the failure of the black community is the failure of the black family. There, I said it. Do some honest research on Google sometime. It is the elephant in the room that no one seems comfortable to discuss, but it must be discussed and addressed.

When we can have a conversation on that problem, and blacks are open to fixing their own failures in-house instead of playing the victim card, then we'll get somewhere. Until then, no. We will continue to see more Fergusons, more racial unrest, and more division.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
When you're a thug you're a thug all the way...
You call these kids thugs...why. I don't blame them or their parents. They have no jobs because there are no opportunities in their area. They are poor and looking for a way out yet we do nothing to help them. We are all to blame.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
High unemployment among blacks is a problem, but it's deeper than that. The root cause of the failure of the black community is the failure of the black family. There, I said it. Do some honest research on Google sometime. It is the elephant in the room that no one seems comfortable to discuss, but it must be discussed and addressed.

When we can have a conversation on that problem, and blacks are open to fixing their own failures in-house instead of playing the victim card, then we'll get somewhere. Until then, no. We will continue to see more Fergusons, more racial unrest, and more division.
The white race don't care about white trash, so why should the black race care about black trash?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:06 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post

Men who cannot earn enough to adequately support a family do not get married, or if they do get married they don't stay married. So the failure of the black family (or the poor family) is largely economic in origin.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:18 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The white race don't care about white trash, so why should the black race care about black trash?
But the difference is if a black man walks into a room full of white people and says, "poor white trash is hurting our country" the whites may be a bit defensive about the direct nature of the statement but they'd tend to agree and a discussion would ensue.

If a white man walks into a room of full of black people and says, "poor black trash is hurting our country" the white man would leave on a stretcher.

That's the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies