Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:56 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most people would have locked their doors, accelerated forward or in reverse and removed themselves from immediate danger.

The reports I am reading say Begic, unarmed, got out of his car to confront the 4 teens. The whole deal was captured by camera.

Begic's behavior was irrational. Was he under the influence given he, his wife and another passenger were driving home from a bar in the wee hours. His wife and the other passenger were not harmed.

Regardless, I have no problem with the execution of these teens.
Sorry, I had to laugh at the "wee hours". A little after midnight is pretty normal for coming in from a bar. Laughing because I can't remember the last time I was out that late.

I'm guessing since he is from Bosnia maybe he doesn't realize that we have idiots who will take someone's life for getting angry at having their car messed up. I wish he had just floored it and gotten out of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 01:00 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're half right...... We Black and White men will be footing the bill for their stupidity.

We all pay a price.
One thing. The persons who committed that murder will do the time, period. However, every time a Black person commits a crime, it makes it that much easier for other people to dislike Blacks. There is already lingering prejudice towards Blacks. When stuff like this, I have to worry about what people will think about me as a Black man. I know I have nothing to do with that stupidity, but simply by being of the same race as other perps, it would mean me getting treated with more scrutiny. That is something I do not like.

As for this crime, it is an open and shut case, the perpetrators will get punished severely. I feel it should stay there and not drift into the realm of race relations.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:01 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most people would have locked their doors, accelerated forward or in reverse and removed themselves from immediate danger.

The reports I am reading say Begic, unarmed, got out of his car to confront the 4 teens. The whole deal was captured by camera.

Begic's behavior was irrational. Was he under the influence given he, his wife and another passenger were driving home from a bar in the wee hours. His wife and the other passenger were not harmed.

Regardless, I have no problem with the execution of these teens.
Sometimes you just have to walk(or drive) away. Especially if you have your wife or child with you. I guess its a good thing they weren't complete "savages" and killed those two as well.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:02 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
The liberal attempt at deflection on this thread would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Leftists steal the money of the productive for themselves by using the government as their gun.

They use language to try to disguise reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Capitalists steal the money of the productive for themselves using government as their gun. Leftists want to point the gun away from the productive and toward the leeches.

There you go disguising again.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
No description of the "youths" who did this? Why am I not surprised?

RIP to that poor man.
Doesn't matter what they looked like. What counts now is that they will get the book thrown at them.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
One thing. The persons who committed that murder will do the time, period. However, every time a Black person commits a crime, it makes it that much easier for other people to dislike Blacks. There is already lingering prejudice towards Blacks. When stuff like this, I have to worry about what people will think about me as a Black man. I know I have nothing to do with that stupidity, but simply by being of the same race as other perps, it would mean me getting treated with more scrutiny. That is something I do not like.

As for this crime, it is an open and shut case, the perpetrators will get punished severely. I feel it should stay there and not drift into the realm of race relations.
I hear you. Honestly, I don't think most people dislike blacks. I do think people are pretty disgusted with
stories like these. To me it is so senseless. There is a great deal of energy in young people, especially teen boys, and if it could be directed in a positive way great things could happen. Sadly, so many young people have a great deal of anger (justified or not) and frustration.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I hear you. Honestly, I don't think most people dislike blacks. I do think people are pretty disgusted with
stories like these. To me it is so senseless. There is a great deal of energy in young people, especially teen boys, and if it could be directed in a positive way great things could happen. Sadly, so many young people have a great deal of anger (justified or not) and frustration.
Most probably do not dislike Blacks. However, there is more scrutiny towards Blacks than anyone else.

I found out about this crime on facebook. Wasn't looking for it. It just popped up. I didn't read the article. It is saddening for me when the first thought in my mind is "I hope these weren't Black boys who did this".

Stuff like that shouldn't happen to anyone. What is sad, is that people will use events like this to further the "Blacks are a menace" agenda.

One thing I've learned is that many people with anger, also believe they have nothing to lose. And those fools who did what they did, I doubt they would listen to anyone who is actually trying to talk sense into them.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:21 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Quite incorrect.

Leftist policy (particularly when the Great Society was instituted) have had no impact on poverty rates, which have remained static since 1966.

Poverty reduced 8% in the US from 1959-1966 due to the expansion of the US economy and had nothing to do with leftist policy, which has failed to have any impact on poverty in the US.
"Acccording to the official poverty rate, the proportion of our population below the poverty line was dropping rapidly in the years immediately before the War on Poverty was fully underway. In the seven years between 1959 and 1966, according to the Census Bureau, the proportion of our country living in poverty dropped by about a third, from 22.4 to 14.7 percent. Since then, however, the official poverty rate has been essentially stuck. It reached an all-time low of 11.1 percent in 1973, in the Nixon era, then drifted uncertainly back upward. For the year 2012, the most recent such data available, the national poverty rate was 15.0 percent​-​slightly higher, in other words, than back in 1966."
So poverty went down, until growing income inequality pushed it back up again. Not really seeing how there was no impact of leftist policy. Are you arguing that if we yanked food stamps away, everyone would suddenly go out and get jobs (even though there already aren't enough for everyone who wants them)? Or that people would simply get no hungrier if they had less money for food? Or did you just not think about this issue at all?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:54 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
So you think Concealed Handgun Classes and Permits have seen a huge increase in Missouri ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies