Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 06:29 PM

19,869 posts, read 12,162,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess you didn't read the article.

There was a protest over this.
This was updated after the story was posted. It has been updated twice since I first read the original story. Don't jump to conclusions on the OP....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 06:39 PM

7,445 posts, read 7,038,504 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't read the article.

There was a protest over this.
The article was updated, the protests started after I first read the article. And somehow I'm guessing the Bosnians in south St. Louis were not protesting alleged police brutality on african americans.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:03 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,177,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually what some blacks tend to protest is government inaction when they believe blacks are the victim of a crime.

Now, if government takes no action against these juveniles then a protest might be in order.
I seriously doubt that. Obama could come down to St. Louis, pardon these boys and even give them a medal for killing a White man and I still don't think White people would protest. Why? Because even after repeated mob attacks by Blacks on Whites, there has been no widespread outrage. I think White people are more scared of being labelled a racist than they care about looking out for the well being of other Whites.

Edit: Well, it looks like the Bosnians are protesting this. I won't expect the same ethnic solidarity from American born Whites though.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I seriously doubt that. Obama could come down to St. Louis, pardon these boys and even give them a medal for killing a White man and I still don't think White people would protest. Why? Because even after repeated mob attacks by Blacks on Whites, there has been no widespread outrage. I think White people are more scared of being labelled a racist than they care about looking out for the well being of other Whites.

Edit: Well, it looks like the Bosnians are protesting this. I won't expect the same ethnic solidarity from American born Whites though.
I think it is because they realize the folly of protests. There are better ways to achieve change than looking a fool chanting en masse and looting stores. Those are the actions of mindless fools.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:16 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,320,047 times
Did the Brown family have younger sons ?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,849,826 times
St. Louis is a hellhole. I fail to understand why people insist on living there.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,608,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Did the Brown family have younger sons ?
Umm, where did you see that the juvies were black or are you just assuming?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Umm, where did you see that the juvies were black or are you just assuming?
It was in the comments.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,928,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post

Most of us white people don't really self-identify as white unless forced to do so on some form. Plus when you have a job it is kind of hard to protest for too long a period of time.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:51 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,346,798 times
He was white so he probably deserved it.

White people begin protesting.. oh, wait. Never. Ya'll just stick to complaining about everything on the internet now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies