Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times

Advertisements

Taratova"I never once said the government should step in to save the pensions."

I agree. Insolvent pensions should not be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I never once said the government should step in to save the pensions... the government voted to cut pensions.
It is clearly your complaint here. The choises are to either allow the pension compnies to cut benefits, or bail them out later. They don't have the money to pay 100%, so either they pay less, or the tax payer will pay the difference. You have written countless posts here to complain about the benefit cuts. IMO they should not need to ask Congress to cut them. Maybe if the Congress had not written laws in the past to secure pensions, you would know who to blame. It is not the tax payers duty to pay for your retirement.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Taratova"I never once said the government should step in to save the pensions."

I agree. Insolvent pensions should not be saved.
I do not agree to break a promise of a pension. Especially for blue collar workers who work extra hard physically . The pencil pushers generally get a very hefty pension.

The union leaders , some are for the penson cuts, some are for Obama making illegals legal giving them social security numbers, drivers licenses and then they will really trample on Americans and take their jobs. I have seen it in NJ.. NJ has the highest increase of illegals in the nation since 2009.

One lumber company in NJ , the last 10 or so workers hired were all illegals and some couldn't speak any english at all. At the end of the day , they sent the Union guys home , they had seniority for overtime. The illegals left too, but went back after the yard cleared out, and they got all the overtime because they were earning 15.00 an hour , and the Union guys were earning 17.50 or better an hour. So with their overtime, the illegals earned more than the union workers who got just 40 hours.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is clearly your complaint here. The choises are to either allow the pension compnies to cut benefits, or bail them out later. They don't have the money to pay 100%, so either they pay less, or the tax payer will pay the difference. You have written countless posts here to complain about the benefit cuts. IMO they should not need to ask Congress to cut them. Maybe if the Congress had not written laws in the past to secure pensions, you would know who to blame. It is not the tax payers duty to pay for your retirement.
You still don't get it.. do you know what cause and effect means.. the cause of why, and the effect of what happened to the unions.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
I never once said the government should step in to save the pensions... the government voted to cut pensions. The government(Obama) also welcomes illegals to take jobs from Union workers. Obama contributed to the demise of the unions to not be funded to handle the pension payouts and Obama's lack of action caused their shortfall. Obama is a real piece of work. His favorites are the illegals. That is easily seen. Think deeper. YOu can do it.
You're all over the place and fail to address the solution, this is where we are now. So if you don't want the government to step in and save the pensions and you don't want pensions to be cut to keep solvent what exactly is your solution, put off the cuts for a few more years and bury your head in the sand, that is exactly what Detroit did do you propose the same?

Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I do not agree to break a promise of a pension. Especially for blue collar workers who work extra hard physically . The pencil pushers generally get a very hefty pension.
How do you force private companies to pay out more than they have?

Old 12-21-2014, 07:31 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
You still don't get it.. do you know what cause and effect means.. the cause of why, and the effect of what happened to the unions.
Good start another thread on the cause because congress and the president are addressing the problem at hand. By the way I have not heard a word about the union leaders that knew this was a failed system, where has the outcry been for the last decade.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
You are the one who is not getting it. You are demanding the government guarantee you get 100% benefits, even when the pension companies can't afford it. Where is the money going to come from? You are also trying to derail your own thread. Maybe you see your error, but are too proud to admit it.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you force private companies to pay out more than they have?
You don't.. I am saying because of the leadership of today, Bush included.. and now Obama with this illegal loving president, we are going to see American jobs dry up, unions fold and wages lowered. We will also see because of the increase of food stamps, higher food prices for people who have to buy their food, vs getting it free, they food stamp users pay any price because it is free...that is the cause,, the effect is higher prices for the paying people.. we will see the paying customers getting the shaft. People don't think very deeply or maybe they can't see it because they don't see the cause and effect it has on the whole country.

Say there is 12 dozen eggs on the shelf. 6 people with food stamps comes in . The eggs are $3.00 a dozen. They buy them. Then 6 dozen are left on the shelf, some people pass, too high , and 3 don't buy because of the price.but three people who feel the pinch put out $3.00 because they want the eggs. Then 3 people who are well off need eggs, they buy. The people struggling either buys or doesn't buy. The foodstamp crowd will buy because it is free, the wealthy will buy, the middleclass will feel it the most. Then 6 more wealthy people want eggs and the price goes up because the demand is there and more food stamp people are added and they want eggs.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Good start another thread on the cause because congress and the president are addressing the problem at hand. By the way I have not heard a word about the union leaders that knew this was a failed system, where has the outcry been for the last decade.
Some don't care, they are not losing their pensions.. some do..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies