Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 48,001,428 times

Advertisements

To answer the OP's question: No.

But their wheels-off mayor ought to be thrown out of office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 05:57 PM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is quite the stretch you got going there and I am not buying it. Every officer knows there is a danger to their job.
You don't have a job or kids to consider do you, urban?

Old 12-22-2014, 06:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Of course not, for you. You don't have a job or kids to consider do you, urban?
I have kids which is one reason why I want the cops called out when they do something wrong.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Do you wish to live in a police state
where it is wrong to question the police?

We are already there, if you have not noticed.
The mayor and city council, HIRES the police chief. He is not elected by those he controls.
Police are hired guns and security, for the rich that run the city. Not the people, or they would be elected and not appointed.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,662,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Cops were murdered because obama, Holder, Sharpton and De Blasio all are promoting racial divide in this country and all four are cheering for a race war. They are completely responsible for this country's racial uprising, and they love it.. All four should be in jail for what they are doing to this country..
This is a dumb post.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:14 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,024,911 times
awww - al sharpton complains about death threats. Hey Al, call the cops.

Sharpton: I got death threats after NYPD cops were executed | New York Post

Old 12-22-2014, 06:22 PM

What people fail to understand is the race of the 2 cops and the perp. All of them were minorities. This isn't racial.

The guy shot his girlfriend in the stomach before committing these murders.

He was unstable, off his rocker... and unfortunately the NYPD and FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, etc want to blame someone for his actions.

The Mayor didn't do this and its crazy to here Guliani blame the Mayor, President and Holder. None of these guys have blood on their hands.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
awww - al sharpton complains about death threats. Hey Al, call the cops.

Sharpton: I got death threats after NYPD cops were executed | New York Post
Al Sharpton has always received death threats.

Obama has received more death threats than any president in history. Do we blame the right wing radio? Did someone plant a seed in all these peoples heads?

Old 12-22-2014, 06:28 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,024,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
What people fail to understand is the race of the 2 cops and the perp. All of them were minorities. This isn't racial.

The guy shot his girlfriend in the stomach before committing these murders.

He was unstable, off his rocker... and unfortunately the NYPD and FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, etc want to blame someone for his actions.

The Mayor didn't do this and its crazy to here Guliani blame the Mayor, President and Holder. None of these guys have blood on their hands.

Yes they do and so does backtracking rev Al:

FLASHBACK: Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "What Do We Want? Dead Cops!" - Katie Pavlich

Old 12-22-2014, 06:28 PM

17,442 posts, read 14,680,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can understand being frustrated over getting harassed for minor things. He was supposed to know they would all jump him?

Seriously.......I can't for the life of me understand people still defending 6 guys jumping someone for selling loose cigarette's with one of them going as far as using a chokehold that had been banned.
What exactly were the cops supposed to do? Not arrest him at all?

And don't say yes because the cops were doing their job - the Chief of Dept. had JUST ordered a crack down on all sales of untaxed cigarettes. And par for the course we don't have a full video of the entire event - how long were the cops trying to take Garner in peacefully? With the amount of NYPD there (including the sergeant) I would assume that it was quite some time and the original officer(s) called in backup.

So when Garner says "please don't arrest me" or whatever he says, and makes moves to bat away the officers, what were they supposed to do?

And Garner knew exactly what was going to happen - you can't tell me he didn't. You don't get to be 40+ years old, have 30 some arrests and NOT know what was going to happen if he resisted arrest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies