Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: are chemtrail real?
yes 42 23.73%
no 120 67.80%
I don't know 9 5.08%
I don't wanna know 6 3.39%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 12:13 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Sheesh, there is no such thing as "chemtrails".

There are "contrails".

Contrails are a natural phenomenon, caused by the condensation of water vapor. The long lasting ones are formed by ice crystals formed from the condensation.

The condensation is formed by one of two sources;

1. The pressure waves that form in front of a fast moving object followed by the pressure drop behind it - IE, the mechanism by which aerodynamic lift occurs.

2. Condensation from cooling exhaust gases. Jet fuel contains hydrocarbons - you know, hydrogen (H) - which combines with oxygen (O) during combustion creating H2O - or "water". Which then condenses and freezes in the cold atmosphere. Much like the steam from the exhaust of a car in cold, damp weather.

Nothing else is happening.

Period.

Fact.

/discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZa...e_gdata_player

Notice that the alleged "condensation" trail .... supposedly formed from engine exhaust IS NOT actually emanating from the .... drum roll ...... freaking engines!

Old 12-26-2014, 12:13 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Chronology of US Patents for Spraying Atmospheric Aerosols « Chemtrails: The Exotic Weapon

Here's a partial list and chronology of the technology and associated patents for atmospheric aerosol deployment.

It may surprise most to find that such technology dates back before any of us were born.

Sadly, the clueless sheep snicker when the subject of chemtrails or weather modification and cloud seeding is brought up, even though such technology is firmly established, officially documented fact.

Of course, the drooling masses have been well trained to respond mindlessly about many topics.
The technology exists, I agree with that. Cloud seeding has also been documented. I have a few questions: what is the purpose behind chemtrails, are chemicals loaded on commercial airliners (if yes, how so), and how do people on the ground who are running the chemtrail program avoid getting dosed?

I don't believe in the validity of chemtrails and think the idea of them is silly, but I'm not here to denounce what others believe in. I do, however, think it is very easy to pick holes in the chemtrail theory.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:15 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
High school science is very narrow minded.

Scientists cannot defend against the evidence of chemtrails; only high school science teachers can.
There is no evidence of chemtrails.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
So I'm assuming (forgive me if I'm mistaken) that you're a nut who disputes AGW who looks down on other nuts who believe in chem trails.
Wrong. I'm not a nut. I'm educated, I read, I think clearly, and I know (because it's already been proven) that AWG is a hoax, it isn't happening (there has been no significant warming in many decades), and the sea is not rising.

Are you a "nut" who believes in AGW? Why? Where's your proof? [Especially since, if anything, we have been in a cooling trend lately.]

So-called "chem trails" are vapor trails.

Old 12-26-2014, 12:17 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZa...e_gdata_player

Notice that the alleged "condensation" trail .... supposedly formed from engine exhaust IS NOT actually emanating from the .... drum roll ...... freaking engines!
Note, you haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:16 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
The technology exists, I agree with that. Cloud seeding has also been documented. I have a few questions: what is the purpose behind chemtrails, are chemicals loaded on commercial airliners (if yes, how so), and how do people on the ground who are running the chemtrail program avoid getting dosed?

I don't believe in the validity of chemtrails and think the idea of them is silly, but I'm not here to denounce what others believe in. I do, however, think it is very easy to pick holes in the chemtrail theory.
Your thought process here is disjointed. You seem to acknowledge that the technology exists, yet dismiss the idea of it as silly? That makes ZERO sense.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:19 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,552 times
Quote:
Your thought process here is disjointed. You seem to acknowledge that the technology exists, yet dismiss the idea of it as silly? That makes ZERO sense.
Just because technology exists doesn't mean it is used (I don't have a strong opinion on contrails/chemtrails either way). There are THOUSANDS of patents out there for things that were never really used.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:31 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Actually I love part where they can be eliminated simply by spraying with vinegar (aka, the Vinegar Warriors)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXGqTuwn_I

Old 12-26-2014, 02:21 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Chronology of US Patents for Spraying Atmospheric Aerosols « Chemtrails: The Exotic Weapon

Here's a partial list and chronology of the technology and associated patents for atmospheric aerosol deployment.

It may surprise most to find that such technology dates back before any of us were born.

Sadly, the clueless sheep snicker when the subject of chemtrails or weather modification and cloud seeding is brought up, even though such technology is firmly established, officially documented fact.

Of course, the drooling masses have been well trained to respond mindlessly about many topics.
Hmmmm............................

I firmly believe in the principles of science. Further, I do not believe in 99.99% of conspiracy theories, as no one can keep their mouth shut.

Do you really believe that the thousands of people that would be required to complete such an effort as "chemical spraying of the US" would remain silent?

Get real.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:24 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
I had found this vid on the subject... I see the planes flying I see the trails, could it be chemtrails?? are they messing with Mother Nature?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFNJplylns

If its on the Nature Channel its gots to be true!!!!
It's water vapor from the fuel, and it can also be produced by friction from the aircraft wind tip as it flies thru th atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies