Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 02:53 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My dear, Suzi, if your parents had died from all these life threating contagious diseases, would you be here today????? I am pretty sure your direct ancestors also survived the 1918 flu pandemic also. No just ME. Humans have and will survive. Vaccines or not.
Um, not if they died after procreating.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Every single human being (not just ME) because their ancestors survied all this diseases. The human race was not wiped out in the past, and wont' be due unvaccinated people today.
So, it doesn't matter if thousands of deaths are preventable

or millions of death

as long as a few people live, its all good?

SO the people of the Walking Dead tv show is, from what i understand, a win for humanity? Like everytime you watch an end of the world show if it doesn't kill 100%. . your like

someone survived

bleck!

Old 01-08-2015, 04:17 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
No one has predicted the end of the human race d/t flu. Your ancestors survived to reproduce, period. I really don't know what your point is. My great-grandmother lost three kids in three weeks plus had a stillborn during a diphtheria epidemic.
Did your great-grandma die before she was old enough to have children at all? Did you grandma or grandma die before they had your parents? Did your parents die before they had you?

Do you UND3RSTAND what I am saying????? It is not we are all going to DIE without these vax. Obviously, everyone alive today hasDIRECT ancestors who did not die without be vaccinated.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:39 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
My dear, Suzi, if your parents had died from all these life threating contagious diseases, would you be here today????? I am pretty sure your direct ancestors also survived the 1918 flu pandemic also. No just ME. Humans have and will survive. Vaccines or not.
What screwy logic!

The folks who died in childhood left no descendants. Go to any old cemetery and look at the number of graves of children, many of whom died from infectious diseases like measles, whooping cough, and diphtheria. I have a second great grand uncle who died during the Civil War - from measles. He was 24, never married, no children.

Someone could have children, then die from influenza or another vaccine preventable disease. Do you actually believe no one who died in the 1918 influenza epidemic had children? Really?

Just because you are here now does not mean none of your ancestors ever died from diseases that can be prevented by vaccines today. Odds are some of them did: yellow fever, smallpox, and tuberculosis, to name a few. I have a fifth great grandfather who died of typhoid fever in 1819, along with three children, a daughter-in-law, and several grandchildren. He left enough descendants to fill a book, though.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:41 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not under the rules if they need a prescription and especially since ACA.
Since it is not a controlled substance, a script for Tamiflu can be phoned in without a face-to-face visit.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Did your great-grandma die before she was old enough to have children at all? Did you grandma or grandma die before they had your parents? Did your parents die before they had you?

Do you UND3RSTAND what I am saying????? It is not we are all going to DIE without these vax. Obviously, everyone alive today hasDIRECT ancestors who did not die without be vaccinated.
What suzy_q2010 said. I have four great aunts and uncles I never met d/t this diphtheria epidemic. You have no idea if everyone alive today has direct ancestors who did not die w/o beING vaccinated. They could have died after they procreated!

Old 01-09-2015, 06:58 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
I was just on another site where they were talking about this flu "epidemic". Most were really blasting people who choose not to get the flu shot.

Interesting part of those saying they were not getting a flu shot? Comments. I haven't gotten the flu since 1968. Last time I had it was in 1970s. Same time frame for those saying the same.

Do you see the pattern? It was all OLD people who haven't had the flu shot or flu. Just luck? The most common slogan we hear is that you will be killing babies and OLD PEOPLE, who have weakened immune systems. Oh, herd immunity is our protection? Since the 1960s and 1970s for flu shots?????? lol What flu shots back then?

Pat answer. It is just luck for 30 years! It will be YOU next. Find another line. One 70 year old man said, "At the rate I am going, I will be dead from old age before I get the flu".

Old 01-09-2015, 07:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:

Fascinating logic.

What percentage of the population do you consider acceptable as far as losses?

Fifty million died during the Spanish Flu epidemic.

Was this okay because not everyone died?

Old 01-09-2015, 08:59 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
I was just on another site where they were talking about this flu "epidemic". Most were really blasting people who choose not to get the flu shot.

Interesting part of those saying they were not getting a flu shot? Comments. I haven't gotten the flu since 1968. Last time I had it was in 1970s. Same time frame for those saying the same.

Do you see the pattern? It was all OLD people who haven't had the flu shot or flu. Just luck? The most common slogan we hear is that you will be killing babies and OLD PEOPLE, who have weakened immune systems. Oh, herd immunity is our protection? Since the 1960s and 1970s for flu shots?????? lol What flu shots back then?

Pat answer. It is just luck for 30 years! It will be YOU next. Find another line. One 70 year old man said, "At the rate I am going, I will be dead from old age before I get the flu".
Every year it's the same people I know who come down with the flu These are the same people who get the vaccine year after year.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:01 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
"Dr. William Thompson used to work for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the US. The CDC recommends an annual flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older, but Dr Thompson admits he would never give his pregnant wife a flu shot because many contain thimerosal, a mercury-containing adjuvant that he warns can be linked to toxic effects and “autism-like-features.”

Read more: Epidemiologist for CDC Says he Would 'NEVER Give his Pregnant Wife' a Flu Shot | Natural Society
Follow us: @naturalsociety on Twitter | NaturalSociety on Facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies