Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 05:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey- change your avatar,as you are not from Detroit. Obviously I have spent a lot more time in Detroit, Benton"Harlem", Gary, Hammond , and East Chicago than you.

You have nothing to do with Detroit at all and can only note a reference with regard to birth. In a similar regard, I am a 1632 resident of modern day Connecticut and my wife is a 1628 resident of Massachusetts.
Perhaps I need to change my avatar.

Your people in southeastern, central Michigan were women, and had no resemblance to the portrayal of the "tough and brave" urbanite. They were little girls in the face of real adversity that otherwise did not wear a skirt or were unarmed. This is the level of "bravery" to which you can relate, thus your embrace of Islam. This is the reality of what I saw and experienced, and so I do not fear the cowardly urban black, from which I am more familiar seeing a dark back side running away. Is that what you are calling bravery?

Grow a pair- perhaps it is too late.
LOL...that's the worse bunch of logomachist, nonsensical drivel disguised as a critique that I've ever read on CD. I wish I could recapture the 10 minutes I wasted trying to decipher it.

And YOU went to medical school?

Yeah. Uhh huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 10:18 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Default GITMO a psychological scar

The sooner we close this place the better, giant waste of money. Send the ones that can't be released state side.

Quote:

On the 13th anniversary of the United States' military prison on the island
of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff, said the facility creates "a psychological scar" on the nation and must
be closed.

"I’ve been in the group that believes it’s in our national interest to close
Guantanamo,” Dempsey told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace. “It does create
a psychological scar on our national values. Whether it should or not, it does.”
Gen. Martin Dempsey Calls For Guantanamo Closure, Calling Facility A 'Psychological Scar'

Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Why haven't the torture supporters answered my simple questions? Is it okay for Americans to be tortured as well, or are torture supporters hypocrites as well as cowards? And, what should happen to torturers after they've failed? If a right-winger torturers someone because it might save lives but ends up failing, then what? Pin an American flag on them and whine about how it's okay because wahhhhh911wahhhImscarednow?
What torture?

Old 01-12-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What torture?
There's been enough discussion on this, if you don't believe there was torture you never will. Regardless of your opinion GITMO gives moderate Muslims and other countries a different impression than what we stand for.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 AM

I expect criticism from Lindsey Graham and Ayotte but rather disappointed in McCain, 122 remaining and around 50 have been approved for release but the senate now wants a moratorium for 2 more years.

Quote:

SENATOR KELLY AYOTTE: It's one thing to make a campaign promise. But if you
look at the security situation that we're facing around the world right now, now
is not the time to be emptying Guantanamo with no plan for how and where these
individuals are going to go, no assurances of security of those who have been
released.
Senate Republicans Move To Block Further Transfers From Gitmo : NPR

Old 01-18-2015, 08:37 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
I'm sure Paris is thrilled at our most recent and very badly timed releases.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I'm sure Paris is thrilled at our most recent and very badly timed releases.
France and Europe have bigger problems than Guantanamo Detainees, they pretty much allow their terrorists free access to training camps.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There's been enough discussion on this, if you don't believe there was torture you never will. Regardless of your opinion GITMO gives moderate Muslims and other countries a different impression than what we stand for.
Just as you think it is torture, you will never agree that it is not...even though we make our Soldier go though it...LOL...

I really don't care what other countries think, when they lose 3000+ of their own, it wold be a different story....

Old 01-18-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just as you think it is torture, you will never agree that it is not...even though we make our Soldier go though it...LOL...

I really don't care what other countries think, when they lose 3000+ of their own, it wold be a different story....
Well you should care, Guantanamo and the photo-ops from Abu Ghraib were great for recruiting terrorists not to mention Iraq and Afghanistan. Do you know how many civilians were killed in Iraq?

Old 01-18-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well you should care, Guantanamo and the photo-ops from Abu Ghraib were great for recruiting terrorists not to mention Iraq and Afghanistan. Do you know how many civilians were killed in Iraq?
People don't care about "over there" if they did those 133ish children would be at the top of every news source and still there...not the oh look...children were killed and now look at what rush limbaugh said...blah blah blah....from the leftist news....

Of course they are great, you know what is even greater, showing they just don't give a damn, cutting people heads off....hell, did you miss the Pairs events of the last few weeks? Talk about a damn good recruiting plan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies