Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Well, when you get tired, just remember you are free to leave at any time.
Tired?

Tired of what? The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

You will tire. I will not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 09:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Charity?

If you mean things like building Iraqis a multi-million dollar police station with such shoddy construction it's unusable, I agree.
He cheered for this charity, and he cheered loudly.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He cheered for this charity, and he cheered loudly.
Oh, look, the hate-monger shows up.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No. Why would I run? You're just a scared little bully with a big mouth, trying to run off everyone else because they're smarter and better than you. I'm right about the principles, the rights of humanity, about freedom and about the virtues of limited government - as defined by our Constitution.

This thread is very instructive to those who read it, to see just what kind of shallow, mindless tripe you go on and on about. You and your accomplices have tried every fallacy, every lie, every bully and name-calling tactic juvenile minds can think up.

Just read through the thread again, and there it is, plain as day - trying to gang up on someone who just won't bully, just won't back down and in fact, keeps their cool and enjoys poking your buttons. What, you actually thought your arguments would intimidate or somehow influence an adult? If you did, wake up.. or better yet, grow up.
You're smarter than me? I don't think so.

This is what you do every thread. You turn it into a meta thread not about the issue but about how to talk about the issue.

A truly cynical, tyrannical, controlling government is not a government that is going to allow you to escape its tyranny.

You have continually ignored the self-refuting concept of a "tyrannical" government that allows you to freely renounce your citizenship. You ignore it because you know you've been cornered on that point.

Nothing is being forced upon or from you. Every day you remain a citizen you elect voluntarily to subject yourself to the application of the U.S. Constitution, however poorly you deem that application is being conducted. That is YOUR choice. Nobody else's.

You are free to complain and you are free to leave but you CANNOT with any validity pronounce the government tyrannical when you validate such a relationship as acceptable by your free and continued participation.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:11 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Quote:
Nothing is being forced upon or from you. Every day you remain a citizen you elect voluntarily to subject yourself to the application of the U.S. Constitution, however poorly you deem that application is being conducted. That is YOUR choice. Nobody else's.
Oh, really? Then why can't one just unsubscribe oneself from U.S. laws, U.S. protection, and U.S. tax as easy as one can unsubscribe cable TV? U.S. law and U.S. tax applies in U.S. territory whether you're a citizen or not or have consented or not, and it should be noted that I can cancel or subscribe to any service from the private sector without being forced to move; I am not forced at gunpoint from birth by virtue of geographic location to comply with the terms of any private-sector service. Comparing the two seems disingenuous to me.

Quote:
You are free to complain and you are free to leave but you CANNOT with any validity pronounce the government tyrannical when you validate such a relationship as acceptable by your free and continued participation.
Many East Berliners said that in 1961, and many Germans said that in 1933. We can only hope that "many Americans said that in 2014" won't be added to that list in the future.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:23 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Oh, really? Then why can't one just unsubscribe oneself from U.S. laws, U.S. protection, and U.S. tax as easy as one can unsubscribe cable TV?
Good question.

Quote:
U.S. law and U.S. tax applies in U.S. territory whether you're a citizen or not or have consented or not, and it should be noted that I can cancel or subscribe to any service from the private sector without being forced to move; I am not forced at gunpoint from birth by virtue of geographic location to comply with the terms of any private-sector service. Comparing the two seems disingenuous to me.
It's not just geographic location. The U.S. is one of the only countries that extorts income tax from U.S. citizens, accidental, unbeknownst to them, or otherwise, on their foreign-earned income:

The IRS Attack on "Accidental" Americans

I hope all those Chinese, Russian, European, etc., tourism birth babies are paying attention. They'll owe the IRS for life.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Please InformedConsent, you know better then to try to claim your graphic is the actual effective tax rates. Trying to pass off the marginal rates as the effective is deceptive at best.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:47 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please InformedConsent, you know better then to try to claim your graphic is the actual effective tax rates.
Explain why you doubt the EFFECTIVE tax rate results compiled by two liberal think tanks, the Tax Policy Center and the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:39 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Oh, really? Then why can't one just unsubscribe oneself from U.S. laws, U.S. protection, and U.S. tax as easy as one can unsubscribe cable TV? U.S. law and U.S. tax applies in U.S. territory whether you're a citizen or not or have consented or not, and it should be noted that I can cancel or subscribe to any service from the private sector without being forced to move; I am not forced at gunpoint from birth by virtue of geographic location to comply with the terms of any private-sector service. Comparing the two seems disingenuous to me.
Again, you are not forced. You are free to leave at any time.

As for losing access to exist on U.S. State territory and lands....(other than those existing here illegally) such a privilege is an inherent right of citizenship (although living on private property is not)...that is because there is a social contract between Americans to cooperate over national defense of land existing within certain boundaries. Once you renounce your citizenship, you break that contract and you lose the organized and mutual protection of other Americans.

However, there are of course legal means for non-citizens to at least extend their stay in the United States but I imagine that would entail obiding by certain U.S. laws and tax obligations.

But again, it cannot be under stressed: You are free to leave at any time.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:54 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
You are not forced. You are free to renounce your citizenship at any time or try to elect representatives that agree with you.
Who are you to decide anything? Liberals are always trying to eject anyone from the country who tries to educate them on the Supreme Law, known as the Constitution. Of course they would love to eject the Constitution as well, as it prevents them from legally stealing other peoples money and freedoms.

Liberals are just recycled Federalists and Tories, they need a King to worship, and today their king is the Federal government.

As in the early days of this country, the liberals/Tories need to be tar and feathered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies