Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 04:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yes, a small percentage commit the acts of terrorism, but MILLIONS come out and CELEBRATE their acts of martyrdom. The mosques preach that they are heroes.
Do you have any idea how many Muslims are in this world, you are still only talking about a small percentage.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
the 10 commandments? rules about incest? stoning of blasphemers? isn't all of that in the Bible?

how does any of that change the fact that Islam is diverse and changes from group to group? obviously all Muslims don't interpret these laws the same way. one simply needs to compare various groups of Muslims. sounds a lot like Christianity to me.
Islam has a true legal system. Christianity does not.

Reading passages from the Bible is just that.
There are no Catholic courts that decree "stoning".

All these religions REFORMED. Those Bible stories are now just stories, not the law of the land.

You cannot say the same for Islam. Their religion is their law and they carry out that law with stoning and torture and execution.

The Imams in charge need to renounce the blasphemy laws. They need to REFORM and move themselves into the 21st century.

Stoning, cutting off hands, etc. have all worked their way out of other religions.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:24 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

All these religions REFORMED. Those Bible stories are now just stories, not the law of the land.

You cannot say the same for Islam. Their religion is their law and they carry out that law with stoning and torture and execution.

The Imams in charge need to renounce the blasphemy laws. They need to REFORM and move themselves into the 21st century.

Stoning, cutting off hands, etc. have all worked their way out of other religions.
Those laws never applied to a CHRISTIAN nation. These laws were under a HEBREW THEOCRACY. Why does everyone make this error?

Old 01-11-2015, 04:26 PM

549 posts, read 457,085 times
Quote:
the 10 commandments?
So which of the 10 commandments you disagree with? I guess it's the evil "Thou shalt not kill".

Old 01-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
So which of the 10 commandments you disagree with? I guess its the evil "Thou shalt not kill".
Beat me to it.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Those laws never applied to a CHRISTIAN nation. These laws were under a HEBREW THEOCRACY. Why does everyone make this error?
I'm sorry. You are correct. I was just trying to point out that the Bible is not the law of the land for Christians and I wasn't being absolutely correct in doing it.

I'm tired of posters saying "Well the Bible says..." trying to equate Christianity with Islam and their Quran.

There is no Christian equivalent to Sharia courts doling out Roman Empire style punishments on people.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:34 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Against who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhnoe0_4HMA

Old 01-11-2015, 04:50 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Tell us what country with 80% Muslim population you'd be willing to live under

Use this list (80% to 100% Muslim):

Muslim Countries, Muslim Population in Percentage Order worldwide
this has nothing to do with my posts, but I don't expect anymore from some of you. how about Turkey or UAE?

Old 01-11-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
this has nothing to do with my posts, but I don't expect anymore from some of you. how about Turkey or UAE?
YOUR choice. Not mine. Before you move there, I'd learn a little about their human rights violations first -- especially if you stand for ANYTHING. Of course, if you don't have any values, it may not matter.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:57 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

it has only been a few hundred years, not since biblical days, that the Catholic church has not controlled the legal system in many European countries. you don't know what you are talking about. and again all Muslim majority countries are not all run the same based on some Muslim code of law. Can you source this code? And here's a perfect example of a secular country with a Muslim majority , Iraq. well it was until we invaded it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies