Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 02:43 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am not a person from the "left". Matter of fact, almost every member from my family is far-right. I am the only Libertarian in my family.

I have a lot of liberal friends from the "left". I don't think any of them hate America or freedom. They just don't believe all MUSLIM are bad terrorists. That is all.
Are there any Muslims that they do believe are bad terrorists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 02:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It appears you're confused, or simply dislike my assertions. I've answered you on this twice already.
Please go back to the original start of the posts, and go forward from there. Once you understand what's actually going on, hopefully you will be able to stop repeating your impossible nonsense and baseless accusations.
Please re-state your argument, then.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:48 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Are there any Muslims that they do believe are bad terrorists?
I don't think they can tell who is potential terrorist just by looking at them. Can you? If so, please contact FBI and CIA because you have special power.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sunni Islamists are not "right-wing" at least as the term is normally understood today. "Right wing" today equates to individualism and limited government. Sunni Islamists want top-down, centralized, authoritarian government. Really they are in a category of their own, but if we have to erroneously place them on the Western political spectrum, they would have more in common with the left than right. The left too pushes for top-down, authoritarian government with limited individual freedom.
Because freedom of religion is a principle too difficult for the right to handle?

The question of this thread was why does the left sympathize with Islam.

The answer being, the left doesn't sympathize with Islam. The left sympathizes with any group whose freedom of religion is being threatened.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Some people on the political left hate America; others just hate our freedoms. Whichever the case, they can find refuge in those who hate both and therefore sympathize with terrorists. It's just as the old saying goes: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But this vision is nearsighted. When islam and the sharia come to America, the "progressives" will be praying to all of the other gods of all of the other religions to please bring their followers back and get rid of the muslims.
Because freedom of religion is a principle too difficult for the right to handle?

The answer being, the left doesn't sympathize with Islam. The left sympathizes with any group whose freedom of religion is being threatened.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:51 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sunni Islamists are not "right-wing" at least as the term is normally understood today. "Right wing" today equates to individualism and limited government. Sunni Islamists want top-down, centralized, authoritarian government. Really they are in a category of their own, but if we have to erroneously place them on the Western political spectrum, they would have more in common with the left than right. The left too pushes for top-down, authoritarian government with limited individual freedom.
ISIS is Sunni, I believe. Which is why the shiite iranians are making rapprochement noises, and the us is tentatively responding.

Interesting you think that muslims have more in common with european leftists than european rightists. I am not sure how you square that with the fact that the murdered cartoonists were leftist atheists, and french government never, as far as I know, did anything to control them.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
ISIS is Sunni, I believe. Which is why the shiite iranians are making rapprochement noises, and the us is tentatively responding.

Interesting you think that muslims have more in common with european leftists than european rightists. I am not sure how you square that with the fact that the murdered cartoonists were leftist atheists, and french government never, as far as I know, did anything to control them.
The Islamic State is the Al Qaeda in Iraq 2.0

Old 01-14-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Not Christians, who happen to be the largest single religious group in the world.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
The Islamic State is the Al Qaeda in Iraq 2.0
not sure what this has to do with whether the muslims in the middle east are more like european leftists than rightists.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Not Christians, who happen to be the largest single religious group in the world.
Actually, yes Christians. While my ability to act is limited when Christians in the Middle East or elsewhere around the globe are persecuted, they have my full sympathy. I believe that freedom of religion is a basic freedom, that freedom is about people being able to express themselves and fully define themselves. I am so glad to live in a country where that is possible. I realize that there are countries where people do not have the ability to express or define themselves, and that saddens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies