Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 02:03 PM

963 posts, read 690,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is so sad.

Everyone takes their religion in a different way. Muslim extremists do horrible things and represent their faith poorly, but there are people like that for every religion.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but bad Muslim terrorists gave all Muslims a bad name. This is just a sad situation.

Aren't people so sick and tired of this never ending war?

Yeah! Just the other day 12 people were gunned down for mocking Jesus!

Then, just last week, 3 people were beheaded by Jews for disrespecting Moses!

All religions are the same!

That was sarcasm for the clueless libs who don't get humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 02:06 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post

Well, I still do not believe all Muslims are terrorists. Saying that is being dishonest, TO ME.

"Three training grenades thrown at a mosque in Le Pen; a bullet hole was also found in a mosque window"

Throwing 3 grenades at a mosque is counterproductive. Don't ya think?

Old 01-14-2015, 02:09 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post

UN: Ethnic Cleansing of Muslims in Central African Republic - ABC News
Quote:
A United Nations commission of inquiry says it has found evidence of ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Central African Republic, but it couldn't prove that genocide has occurred amid months of unprecedented sectarian violence that left thousands dead.

The commission's final report released Thursday also said that while death toll reports range from 3,000 to 6,000, any such number is a "radical under-estimate" of the people killed in the vicious fighting that continues among Christians and Muslims in the impoverished, landlocked nation.
Religion of peace, that Christianity is. Where are the Christians taking to the streets in the US to protest this behavior?

Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 PM

259 posts, read 178,948 times
Considering the US government (Republicans and Democrats included) has funded, trained, and armed right-wing Sunni Islamists for several decades in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Libya, Syria, and Afghanistan at the very least, perhaps we are all pointing our fingers in the wrong directions here.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:15 PM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
Considering the US government (Republicans and Democrats included) has funded, trained, and armed right-wing Sunni Islamists for several decades in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Libya, Syria, and Afghanistan at the very least, perhaps we are all pointing our fingers in the wrong directions here.
Good point!

Old 01-14-2015, 02:28 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Still waiting on you to make an argument.

All you've done is whine and repeat the whine.
It appears you're confused, or simply dislike my assertions. I've answered you on this twice already.
Please go back to the original start of the posts, and go forward from there. Once you understand what's actually going on, hopefully you will be able to stop repeating your impossible nonsense and baseless accusations.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post

Sunni Islamists are not "right-wing" at least as the term is normally understood today. "Right wing" today equates to individualism and limited government. Sunni Islamists want top-down, centralized, authoritarian government. Really they are in a category of their own, but if we have to erroneously place them on the Western political spectrum, they would have more in common with the left than right. The left too pushes for top-down, authoritarian government with limited individual freedom.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Some people on the political left hate America; others just hate our freedoms. Whichever the case, they can find refuge in those who hate both and therefore sympathize with terrorists. It's just as the old saying goes: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But this vision is nearsighted. When islam and the sharia come to America, the "progressives" will be praying to all of the other gods of all of the other religions to please bring their followers back and get rid of the muslims.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:39 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Some people on the political left hate America; others just hate our freedoms. Whichever the case, they can find refuge in those who hate both and therefore sympathize with terrorists. It's just as the old saying goes: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But this vision is nearsighted. When islam and the sharia come to America, the "progressives" will be praying to all of the other gods of all of the other religions to please bring their followers back and get rid of the muslims.
I am not a person from the "left". Matter of fact, almost every member from my family is far-right. I am the only Libertarian in my family.

I have a lot of liberal friends from the "left". I don't think any of them hate America or freedom. They just don't believe all MUSLIM are bad terrorists. That is all.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:41 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I suppose some crazies blame Islamic-based terrorism on ALL Muslims. I'm not among them. otoh, I'm also not among the crazies who claim most terrorism in the 21st century is unrelated to Islamic teachings. The murderers of the cartoonists are Muslim, so is ISIS and Al Qaeda.

What you and others on the left try to do is equate random, isolated murderers to an international, well organized and funded Islamic ideology of warfare. To make it worse, many of you go on to equate fundamentalist Christian opposition to abortion and gay marriage to Muslim acts, such as stoning, beheading, or honor killings.

Basically, you despise your nebulous enemy on 'the right' and Christianity while going to any lengths to rationalize the actual terror of Muslims.
You completely misread my reactions.

I don't equate political opposition to, for instance, gay rights, with actual murderous acts. I equate actual murderous acts with other actual murderous acts. And there are plenty to go around on both sides.

I don't know who decided that the muslim religion is at war with western european countries, but it is evident that plenty of people on both sides have bought into this argument, and have done so for a very long time. And it's working out so well for all of us.

Or at least, it is working out well for people who buy and sell weapons, for people who think that the best society is the controlled society, and for people who are into inflaming peoples' emotions against those guys over there, so we can ignore what is happening right here. Because, it turns out, both extremist muslims and western european militarists seem to have found in each other the perfect enemy, the one that will always be with us, and therefore the one that will always justify domestic repression in the name of preserving our culture and values - which, need I point out, is the argument used by muslim extremists as well as by the western europeans who promote mid-east wars.

I'm glad to hear that, unlike quite a few people on this board, you don't blame all muslims for the actions of some. If we're ever going to get past this conflict, it is going to be because enough people on both sides have stopped trying to culturally wipe each other out, and instead focus on stopping the killing.

If you want me to say that I find many muslim countries to be dismayingly oppressive, well - I do. That is not the same thing at all as thinking that it is OK to declare our own "holy war" against them, or to subdue them militarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies