Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 06:50 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times

Advertisements

Jihadists say gays thrown off rooftop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 AM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Islam and the far right are basically the same. The only thing that prevents the far right from acting like Muslims, is the left that they hate having a say in things. If it were up to them, they would base our laws on a stupid make believe book just like Muslims do ..........lol

The moral to the sorry is that ignorant people tend to hate on other ignorant people. The reasons that Christians and Muslims have been fighting wars for centuries is the same reason two meat-heads always seem to find each other in a club. They're not smart, They don't know how to deal with things without violence. They simply don't understand diplomacy because they're dumb.
"Islam and the far right are basically the same."

You may be right if you meant 'Regular Islam' and the 'far right'. Now, Radical Islam or the Islamist are at a whole new level. The equivalent would perhaps be David Karesh or Jim Jones. Which, as we see were never an international threat, that took hold like Radical Islam.

I don't see 'any' Christian groups that are the equivalent to the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram. I don't see Christians running off internationally to fight with Fundamentalist groups in Africa or the middle east. Looks like 90% of every Terrorist group in the world are 'Islamist', not Moderate Islam, Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist. There is no Current Equivalent religion in the world.
List of designated terrorist organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not as if Radical Islam is only at odds with Christians in the world. They are at War with almost every other religion they come in contact with: Hindus, Buddhist, Jews, native religions, Atheist in China and Russia, not to mention any other Muslim sect.

I'm not sure why so many on the Left are so Anti Christian or at least use Anti Christian Rhetoric in their comparisons with the Islamist. I'm an Atheist and I clearly see the threat from Radical Islam is at a whole other level compared to every other religion in this world.

Like I always say when we hear of Christians self-detonating themselves screaming "Jesus Saves" we can view Christians as large of a threat as Radical Islam.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-16-2015 at 09:51 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 10:02 AM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'm atheist, and I don't think suicide bombings are worse than plain old homicide bombings--which our "Christian" society does plenty of. Where's the great difference if the bomber chooses to take himself or herself out of the picture?

A more appropriate and informative question would read "Do you support the intentional targeting of noncombatants in a war/jihad?" (Of course, we know from WW2 threads that many Americans--probably most--do support that.)

If our supposed "Christian" society was as big of a threat as Radical Islam and their sympathizers, there would be no Muslims, Jews, Buddhist or Atheist in the US. Fortunately, we have become less a Christian nation every year. Unfortunately Islam has been growing in the US and the west over the same period of time.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:32 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Well , for me, when the Muslim extremists become competent to kill on the scale of the so called "Christian" countries, I will get worried. If you put Russia, Germany, the UK and her dominions and the USA together we have killed perhaps in the hundreds of millions.

As Stalin said, "when a man is killed it's a tragedy, when a million are killed it's a statistic".

These Muslim extremists are responsible for many tragedies here in the west but on a statistical level no so much. On Average 40 people per day are murdered in the USA, now that is very concerning to me. People who text and drive are a far greater risk to me than some Jahidi. I'm not supporting them in the least. I actually detest them very much, but we have got to get a grip on the relative threat they pose.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well , for me, when the Muslim extremists become competent to kill on the scale of the so called "Christian" countries, I will get worried. If you put Russia, Germany, the UK and her dominions and the USA together we have killed perhaps in the hundreds of millions.

As Stalin said, "when a man is killed it's a tragedy, when a million are killed it's a statistic".

These Muslim extremists are responsible for many tragedies here in the west but on a statistical level no so much. On Average 40 people per day are murdered in the USA, now that is very concerning to me. People who text and drive are a far greater risk to me than some Jahidi. I'm not supporting them in the least. I actually detest them very much, but we have got to get a grip on the relative threat they pose.

Honestly, the problem of INTENT is key.

It's why Hitler purposely killing millions for a "cause" is more abhorrent than say, Spanish Flu killing 100 million people.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:37 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
"...we have got to get a grip on the relative threat they pose." Meanwhile the body count keeps adding up. Let us know when we should be concerned.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:02 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
"...we have got to get a grip on the relative threat they pose." Meanwhile the body count keeps adding up. Let us know when we should be concerned.
We should already be concerned but if we let this concern destroy are freedoms and liberties, they have already won a major battle. Since 9\11 the USA has sunk a long way down as the bastion of freedoms in this world. Instead the country is beginning to look like a police state. The media stirs up the fears of millions of people and it's just pathetic really. Just think about two guys and a couple of home made bombs shutting down a major US city for days. Thousands of military type police shutting down a major city looking for two guys. A media that reported on nothing else for the better part of a week!!! I fear the country would collapse if there ever was an intelligent coordinated attack that had multiple targets.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:10 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
We should already be concerned but if we let this concern destroy are freedoms and liberties, they have already won a major battle. Since 9\11 the USA has sunk a long way down as the bastion of freedoms in this world. Instead the country is beginning to look like a police state. The media stirs up the fears of millions of people and it's just pathetic really. Just think about two guys and a couple of home made bombs shutting down a major US city for days. Thousands of military type police shutting down a major city looking for two guys. A media that reported on nothing else for the better part of a week!!! I fear the country would collapse if there ever was an intelligent coordinated attack that had multiple targets.
I actually agree with most of what you're saying.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Polling has been done in many of these countries about how many support the terrorists actions of the terrorists, and it is quite a bit higher than 10%.
What countries might those be?
Who conducted the poll?
How many people were polled?
How were questions framed?

Could you share a link, please.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:27 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I
Most muslims worldwide would not advocate beheadings either, but I would think it difficult to argue that these terrible deeds happen much more often in countries with large practicing muslim populations. It's the one reason I mentioned Saudi Arabia in my previous comments. This isn't some small offbeat group of misfit terrorists....but rather an entire well established country with these barbaric and repressive religious rules....and you need not look to far to find many other predominately muslim countries with similar barbaric religious rules.

I can't think of any predominantly muslim countries I'd like to live in long term. They might differ in severity of the penalties of breaking the rules.....but they all would seem to be extremely stifling and repressive compared to most any western country.
Saudi is building a 600 mile fence on its Iraq border.
Saudi Arabia Is Building A 600-Mile 'Great Wall' To Shield Itself From ISIS - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies