Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 06:53 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
These ungrateful food stamp collectors are complaining that they aren't getting enough handouts. None of these people look like they're going hungry to me. Especially not the one in the Armani shirt.
Would you be happier if they looked like Ethiopians circa 1984?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 06:53 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,703,968 times
They're actually upset they can no longer get tattoos, lap dances, cash from ATMs, booze, and other garbage. It's suppose to be a suplement. Instead it's become their monthly paycheck. Back in the early 70s we were on government assistance. We got "commodities". Things like government cheese, government butter, powdered milk, cereal (oatmeal, grits, or cold cereal like corn flakes or puffed rice), and maybe some canned meat like spam or canned ham if we were lucky. It supliment our dietary needs. When my dad made more money, he was proud and happy to be off government assistance. Food stamp cards shouldn't be available for use at restaurants. They should only be used for essentials like milk, eggs, bread, meat, cheese, and cereal. No chips, candy, soda, booze, cookies, nor any other junk foods.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
These ungrateful food stamp collectors are complaining that they aren't getting enough handouts. None of these people look like they're going hungry to me. Especially not the one in the Armani shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dZXVc1sQVg
Well, looking at her waist line I would say she has not starved for 2 weeks, I guess she thinks everyone else is as dumb as she is. Some people are just too dumb to know they're dumb.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:10 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well, looking at her waist line I would say she has not starved for 2 weeks, I guess she thinks everyone else is as dumb as she is. Some people are just too dumb to know they're dumb.
Don't you know the people on food stamps who are heavy are that way because of "food deserts". They are forced to get their meals at Mcdonalds and Taco Bell because there are no good groceries that sell healthy food near them.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:13 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Bad idea, you would have the same incompetent and corrupt government administer those programs and besides, stealing money from peter to train and feed paul is not charity, its robbery.
And "Job training" for which jobs? Do you think a handfull of politicians would know what careers thousands of people should be trained in?
The correct answer is to end all such programs and let a free market do the rest.
You don't think there are those who do need some assistance?

Old 01-16-2015, 07:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Would you be happier if they looked like Ethiopians circa 1984?
I am sure no one here is totally against food stamps, this woman obviously had five kids so she could get almost a thousand dollars in food stamps per month. The snap program needs to include training for a job so she can become self sufficient. This woman is part of the problem and has no incentive to work so she can become productive and put back into the system to help feed others who really need it. Her kids are nothing to her but cash cows and will probably end up career criminals. I would say this woman is a lazy slob and is doing nothing more than working the system.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
It is getting harder to know who needs and who is using it. Women producing children they can't take care of needs to stop. Man need to not be able to walk away from those 5 kids.....holding adults more responsible from producing children will be a good path for all. I knew women back in the 80's getting pregnant, just so they didn't have to work.

Only the disabled (physically & mentally) and seniors should get this help, young people need to work for their money.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I am sure no one here is totally against food stamps, this woman obviously had five kids so she could get almost a thousand dollars in food stamps per month. The snap program needs to include training for a job so she can become self sufficient. This woman is part of the problem and has no incentive to work so she can become productive and put back into the system to help feed others who really need it. Her kids are nothing to her but cash cows and will probably end up career criminals. I would say this woman is a lazy slob and is doing nothing more than working the system.
Way, way too late to effectively undo a system of indoctrination that has corrupted at least four generations of people to believe and be dependent upon government entitlements. Even your military are resorting to supplements to feed their families.

Purchasing of votes was what it was all about and remains it's underpinnings to this very day. That's not going to change because you merely change a party in power. Either of the two desire re-election and dismantling of ANY freebies will be the very last thing either party will ever do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KUW2vCPX7w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW-0xJb_FM4

You are now at the crossroads of either having another revolution, or just 'suck-it-up-buttercup' and continue moaning about a 'fait-accompli'.

Last edited by BruSan; 01-16-2015 at 07:49 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 07:42 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
They will have to learn to cut down. People who earn a living and are getting squeezed because of higher costs and higher taxes are learning how to do that. I imagine it's hard to cut back on something you don't earn anyway, though.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:44 AM

45,241 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Sure, thats what private charities ate for.
Why do you think stealing from one group and giving to another group is an acceptable form of assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies