Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 05:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

So Last time Romney ran he described wealth inequality this way:
Quote:
"I think its about envy, I think its about class warfare"
Quote:
Asked if “questions about the distribution of wealth” are fair or unfair, “I think it’s fine to talk about those things in quiet rooms,” Romney said, adding that for Obama to make this a campaign issue is “envy-oriented.”
Suddenly its time to look at the 2016 election and:
Quote:
“Under President Obama the rich have gotten richer, income inequality has gotten worse and there are more people in poverty in American than ever before,” Mr. Romney said.
Apparently even the Republican candidates are talking is if they think wealth inequality is a issue. But who believe someone like Romney, or even Clinton? Its a issue all right...but not one I believe they intend to address in any real fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 05:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Apparently even the Republican candidates are talking is if they think wealth inequality is a issue. But who believe someone like Romney, or even Clinton? Its a issue all right...but not one I believe they intend to address in any real fashion.
I don't, either. Hillary is a poor choice for a Democrat. But, if the election were between Hillary and some raving lunatic reactionary, I'd pick Hillary.

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
hahahahaha I am still laughing. Man of the people... hhahhahaa

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
It is surprising to me that Mitt is considering running again. I think Romney shouldn't run. He is used goods after 2 losses and his 47% comment will forever haunt him.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:22 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is surprising to me that Mitt is considering running again. I personally think Romney shouldn't run. He is used goods after 2 losses and his 47% comment will forever haunt him.
I think the GOP has history regarding multiple losers and then winning the presidency. Third time's the charm. Mitt is going to be elected, most likely, if he's the only non-RWNJ that's running with name credibility

Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:

I couldn't stop laughing when I read that Romney's new campaign was going to be based on anti-poverty. He must truly think Americans are idiots if he believes they will buy such tripe from a guy who made his fortune by buying up companies, sucking out all the assets and leaving people without jobs or pensions, and discarding the empty carcass before moving on to the next one.

Romney running an anti-poverty campaign. If one didn't know better, one would swear it was an article from The Onion. What unbelievable audacity.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Run Mitt, run!!

First, because it will be endless amusing.

Second, he will spend a lot of money. This will be a Billion dollar plus election. It will give a good shot in the arm to the economy this year.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think the GOP has history regarding multiple losers and then winning the presidency. Third time's the charm. Mitt is going to be elected, most likely, if he's the only non-RWNJ that's running with name credibility
We don't know who is running yet or their platforms, so I'm not sure how you can claim all the other republican candidates are RWNJs, an inflammatory, derogatory term.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:41 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
We don't know who is running yet or their platforms, so I'm not sure how you can claim all the other republican candidates are RWNJs, an inflammatory, derogatory term.
Hmm...a lot of arguments being made lately that the Republicans have been losing their presidential elections because candidates haven't been far right enough. Some of the most vocal Republican base has been screaming this. And I think that making the Republican primaries will require someone too far right to win a general election unless the Democrats field someone awful. (I consider Clinton to be in this vein, although maybe she will surprise me).

Old 01-19-2015, 05:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:

Sounds like the man who has car elevators is trying to get that vote from the 47%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies