Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:57 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
As a flu vaccine provider, I have heard your story many times over.
No surprise; it's an excellent motivator.

I just get them for me; it's none of my business if other people get them or not. It's not like childhood vaccinations or anything.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Actually I have and you are right, you think you are going to die and then you wish you would. But I still do not want the shots.
You must be younger than me , recalling how badly I had it in my youth I have no problem seeing it as a bigger threat to my continued existence than ISIS, et al.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:06 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You must be younger than me , recalling how badly I had it in my youth I have no problem seeing it as a bigger threat to my continued existence than ISIS, et al.
We are close in age, I am 59. I've just always tried to let my immune system do its thing. But I'm also one of those weirdos who don't take vitamins or supplements. My parents swore they found me under a rock

Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
dead is dead

there is no resurrection

at least for viruses.
"Birth and death is one of the characteristics of living thing, DNA appeared in the living and it is not having birth point to have death point. So, DNA is non-living because it never dies."

Is DNA living or non-living thing?? get the answer here - Biology-Online

Old 01-20-2015, 02:09 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
LOL. This is just another boondoggle for the pharmaceutical companies.

Count me out, thank you very much.

Seriously, nothing on this world is done without investment and money. Yet the idea that Vaccinations conspiracy theory for such small change. . is silly (all vaccinations added up together equal one block buster big pharma drug) .

its like generating a conspiracy on to get people to buy off-brand cherrios, when a big branded Cereal does more money in a week than the off brand does all year.

The logic isn't there.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
"Birth and death is one of the characteristics of living thing, DNA appeared in the living and it is not having birth point to have death point. So, DNA is non-living because it never dies."

Is DNA living or non-living thing?? get the answer here - Biology-Online
you seem to be randomly posting odd things into the thread without logic, substance, or hindered by reality.

This post? what are you trying to say? That ANYONE has ever gotten the actual flu from a dead virus/shot?

A Virus isn't a biological entity. Death, at least when talked about by the medical community, of a virus is just the idea that the virus has been been made inert. no longer produces/replicates.

You can call it inert, inactive, or dead

its all schematics, its the same thing. The virus is NOT capable of infecting you. People don't get the FLU from Flu Vaccinations.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
We are close in age, I am 59. I've just always tried to let my immune system do its thing. But I'm also one of those weirdos who don't take vitamins or supplements. My parents swore they found me under a rock
If we could all rely on our immune systems there'd be no need for doctors or hospitals other than for injuries, eh? I'm mid 60s and definitely notice it takes longer to bounce back from injury/sickness now than it did in my 20s, I'd much rather avoid both.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
There seems to be some odd fallacy out there that suffering through and risking the "real" flu is better than the alternative. If I was 59 I would listen to the linked podcast.

the deaths noted (50k) are on the low side. This vaccine could also save a 59 year old from heart attacks, and other events that occur as a result of the flu.

If your 50 years or older you are prioritized for flu vaccinations IF there is a shortage, that should tell you something in itself.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:26 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
you seem to be randomly posting odd things into the thread without logic, substance, or hindered by reality.

This post? what are you trying to say? That ANYONE has ever gotten the actual flu from a dead virus/shot?

A Virus isn't a biological entity. Death, at least when talked about by the medical community, of a virus is just the idea that the virus has been been made inert. no longer produces/replicates.

You can call it inert, inactive, or dead

its all schematics, its the same thing. The virus is NOT capable of infecting you. People don't get the FLU from Flu Vaccinations.
A flu vaccine employs "adjuvants" for provoking an immune assault.

Wherever the adjuvants are successful, is where the immune assault takes place.

A "dead" virus contains a specific sequence of DNA material.

The same, or a very similar, sequence exists in many prokaryotes. (Figure the odds)

The immune system will attack that sequence where ever it finds it.

Sometimes, the protein in a peanut will signal multiple swat team attacks in all directions.

Dogs first, of course!

Getting vaccinated, is like believing Dick Cheney.

Me - I don't get vaccinated.

I get immunated.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:32 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
There seems to be some odd fallacy out there that suffering through and risking the "real" flu is better than the alternative. If I was 59 I would listen to the linked podcast.

the deaths noted (50k) are on the low side. This vaccine could also save a 59 year old from heart attacks, and other events that occur as a result of the flu.

If your 50 years or older you are prioritized for flu vaccinations IF there is a shortage, that should tell you something in itself.
It is a choice, just like all of our choices in life. But we can all agree that the flu is a b---h!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies