Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Don't lecture me on how vaccines work. I have an autoimmune disease. I've well aware of how it works.

And I'll repeat, while my immune system is working to produce antibodies, it's not protecting me from other things.

I don't do anything that screws with my immune system. And I must be doing something right. Did you see the part about me not ever getting the flu?
I'm sorry for your autoimmune disease.

However, I'd attribute your lack of flu disease to luck, not "doing something right". I'm truly surprised your doctor doesn't encourage you to get a flu shot. Trust me, a case of flu would be far worse for you.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:20 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Seriously? Flu/pneumonia (a complication of flu) was the 8th leading cause of death last year! Meanwhile, there were no deaths from smallpox. My guess is your doctor knew it was hopeless to try to talk to you about this further. "Commission"? Surely you jest! And "low risk" does not mean "no risk", something the scientifically illiterate don't seem to get.
Actually no one knows how many deaths are attributed to the flu because it's all an estimate. The CDC now includes every person who died of Pneumonia (even those caused by bacteria, rather than virus) and has also included Respiratory/Circulatory ailments. They also claim the flu aggravates chronic health conditions like heart disease. That brings them to 36,000 deaths a year. They get their numbers from the EIP (Emergency Infections Program) who only include people diagnosed with the flu. The actual number in 2010 of confirmed flu deaths was 500. The rest is guess work. The CDC doesn't like those numbers so they call it "under-reporting", add in extra categories and then multiply them all together by 2.7 to create the larger number. Any way you look at it, the data is inaccurate and groups like the EIP/CDC use questionable tactics to create fear in people like yourself. Big pharma is making an absolute killing with these flu shots. The prospect of getting their Government partners to mandate them for everyone in the country, then later the world, means they will continue to create compelling arguments/data for their products. Remember, Big Pharma spends more on marketing than they do on R/D and are the single largest industry for corporate lobbying in the world. They pay our Congressmen more than the Oil industry, Banking industry or the Military Industrial Complex, which is why our politicians continue to try to force their products on us.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Actually no one knows how many deaths are attributed to the flu because it's all an estimate. The CDC now includes every person who died of Pneumonia (even those caused by bacteria, rather than virus) and has also included Respiratory/Circulatory ailments. They also claim the flu aggravates chronic health conditions like heart disease. That brings them to 36,000 deaths a year. They get their numbers from the EIP (Emergency Infections Program) who only include people diagnosed with the flu. The actual number in 2010 of confirmed flu deaths was 500. The rest is guess work. The CDC doesn't like those numbers so they call it "under-reporting", add in extra categories and then multiply them all together by 2.7 to create the larger number. Any way you look at it, the data is inaccurate and groups like the EIP/CDC use questionable tactics to create fear in people like yourself. Big pharma is making an absolute killing with these flu shots. The prospect of getting their Government partners to mandate them for everyone in the country, then later the world, means they will continue to create compelling arguments/data for their products. Remember, Big Pharma spends more on marketing than they do on R/D and are the single largest industry for corporate lobbying in the world. They pay our Congressmen more than the Oil industry, Banking industry or the Military Industrial Complex, which is why our politicians continue to try to force their products on us.
It's not an estimate in the case of pedatric deaths. Those are the only flu deaths required to be reported to the CDC. In light of that statement, I'd like to see a source for the bold.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-21-2015 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 01-21-2015, 09:26 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:

Excellent post-pharmaceuticals is also the most profitable industry in the nation, but I did not know they spent more on marketing than R/D.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Excellent post-pharmaceuticals is also the most profitable industry in the nation, but I did not know they spent more on marketing han R/D.
See my above statement on where you can get tinfoil and a hat pattern. Don't believe everything you read on CD, either.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:28 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
See my above statement on where you can get tinfoil and a hat pattern. Don't believe everything you read on CD, either.
I would not be surprised at all if it were true, but I will definitely research it.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:32 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
H1N1 seemed to pop up out of the blue in 2009.

Everyone is at risk, some at higher risk than others.
What did we have, one confirmed death of an infant? Nothing I'd lose any sleep over. What's far more concerning to me are the corporations' ability to effect your health via corruption/collusion with the Democrats/Republicans that we elect to represent us.

"In January 2010, Wolfgang Wodarg, a German deputy who trained as a physician and now chairs the health committee at the Council of Europe, claimed major firms had organised a "campaign of panic" to put pressure on the World Health Organisation (WHO) to declare a "false pandemic" to sell vaccines. Wodarg said the WHO's "false pandemic" flu campaign is "one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century". He said that the "false pandemic" campaign began last May in Mexico City, when a hundred or so "normal" reported influenza cases were declared to be the beginning of a threatening new pandemic, although he said there was little scientific evidence for this. Nevertheless he argued that the WHO, "in cooperation with some big pharmaceutical companies and their scientists, re-defined pandemics", removing the statement that "an enormous amount of people have contracted the illness or died" from its existing definition and replacing it by stating simply that there has to be a virus, spreading beyond borders and to which people have no immunity."

"On 12 April 2010, Keiji Fukuda, the WHO's top influenza expert, stated that the system leading to the declaration of a pandemic led to confusion about H1N1 circulating around the world, and he expressed concern that there was a failure to communicate in regard to uncertainties about the new virus, which turned out to be not as deadly as feared. WHO Director-General Margaret Chan has appointed 29 flu experts from outside the organization to conduct a review of WHO's handling of the H1N1 flu pandemic. She has told them, "We want a frank, critical, transparent, credible and independent review of our performance"."

"In June 2010, Fiona Godlee, editor-in-chief of the BMJ, published an editorial which criticised the WHO, saying that an investigation had disclosed that some of the experts advising WHO on the pandemic had financial ties with drug companies which were producing antivirals and vaccines.[95] Margaret Chan, Director-General of the WHO, replied stating, "Without question, the BMJ feature and editorial will leave many readers with the impression that WHO's decision to declare a pandemic was at least partially influenced by a desire to boost the profits of the pharmaceutical industry. The bottom line, however, is that decisions to raise the level of pandemic alert were based on clearly defined virological and epidemiological criteria. It is hard to bend these criteria, no matter what the motive".[94] In August 2010, the Daily Mail printed an article stating that "a third of the experts advising the World Health Organisation about the swine flu pandemic had ties to drugs firms" and that of the 20 members of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, which advised the British Government on swine flu, 11 had done work for the pharmaceutical industry or were linked to it through their universities."

2009 flu pandemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-21-2015, 09:33 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
I can't rep you again but this is a very good post and true.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
I'm sorry for your autoimmune disease.

However, I'd attribute your lack of flu disease to luck, not "doing something right". I'm truly surprised your doctor doesn't encourage you to get a flu shot. Trust me, a case of flu would be far worse for you.
really? then i should go out and buy some lottery tickets because i have gotten the flu only once in 56 years on this earth, and that was because i got a flu vaccine in the 70s.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:34 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
What a egocentric, selfish, careless, evil, vile, view

So the only life in this world worth protecting is your own? You have no compulsion of altruism in your body? No fear of infecting a pregnant lady, and causing a premature birth? no fear of passing a flu on to a grandmother, killing her?

Here is the thing, Mason

Your not alone in the world

your not sitting in a cave somewhere with no contact with the rest of humanity. You are, if you like it or not, part of a society.

Why do we demonize? because you are responding like a demon! Your fear of a little needle prick or your laziness puts others at risk. . .

How can we not demonize such selfishness?

nothing is guaranteed in this world. Yet the zero cost flu shot to you at that doctors office for 60-70% protection versus the risk of you getting the flu . .and infecting others (some who will be severly impacted)

If there were demons, they would of applauded you and clapped you on the back. F' the world. I'm afraid of needles.

Quote:
Why do you care what other people do with their bodies? You try so hard to demonize those who don't share your opinion that you display mental health issues with your obsessive compulsive drive to force everyone to think like you.

At my recent physical the doctor was visibly upset when I refused a flu shot. She asked incredulously "I just have to ask, why on earth would you NOT want a flu shot?". I told her I hadn't had the flu in decades and wasn't worried about getting it that year either. I asked her if I was in danger of dying from the flu? She said "No", I was not. I asked her if she could guarantee I wouldn't get the flu after taking this shot? She said "No, she could not guarantee that.". I asked if it was true that the vast majority of flu deaths are elderly, infants or those with compromised immune systems? She said "Yes, that is true.". I asked if she made a commission on each flu shot she administered? She told me "I was in good health and she'd see me next year.", then walked out without saying goodbye. She knew it was nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies