Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Brokeback Mountain?
Brokeback Mountain came out in 2005.

its total gross was 178 million, that ranks it at #22 in domestic gross, 24th internationally, Far from the top 10.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Brokeback Mountain came out in 2005.

its total gross was 178 million, that ranks it at #22 in domestic gross, 24th internationally, Far from the top 10.
Well it got Oscars, I find that impressive.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:42 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Liberaldom still holds to the notion from the 1960's, namely that they don't want their sister to marry a black man.

Just look at football player Robert Griffin. When he married a white girl, suddenly he came under attack from liberals.
Rob Parker Was Right To Question RG3’s ‘Blackness’–But Not On ESPN | News One

Old 01-21-2015, 04:53 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Give me a break. No one brought up violence nor said it was better or worse, besides you and the wholesome sex person I was responding to, so you're making a false argument out of absolutely thin air. The subject is about sex and how it's not needed in film, whether it be gay sex or interracial.
Well, you brought up a violent film but were far more traumatized by the sex. I was far more traumatized by the Violence. Sex doesn't bother me and I'm not going to be shamed by it. Makes no sense. You can consider sex not wholesome and think that its something to hide, but I'm not going to. The Catholic Church and others tried that shaming crap, all the while trying to hide true perverts.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:54 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
At 4 I hope you didn't tell him that. My nephew has a similar look, Anglo/Thai/Mex mix but he's 19 and he's the one that jokes about it. .
Of course I won't. I have no reasons to. He only needs to know I love him and he is one beautiful boy. Plus, My nephew is only four years old.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:58 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Well, you brought up a violent film but were far more traumatized by the sex. I was far more traumatized by the Violence. Sex doesn't bother me and I'm not going to be shamed by it. Makes no sense. You can consider sex not wholesome and think that its something to hide, but I'm not going to. The Catholic Church and others tried that shaming crap, all the while trying to hide true perverts.
How do you know I was far more traumatized by the sex than the violence? Why are you making these comparisons and then assigning them to me? It's okay if you like watching sex in film, I don't. That's what the subject is about, sex in film.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Liberaldom still holds to the notion from the 1960's, namely that they don't want their sister to marry a black man.

Just look at football player Robert Griffin. When he married a white girl, suddenly he came under attack from liberals.
Good for him. She's alight and he's no slouch himself. I'm surprised his mom presented it so well for someone of an older generation. Not being defined by race or at least being comfortable with embracing all of who you are is getting to be more common these days, even though it freaks some people out. Poor Tiger Woods was verbally assaulted for years by the media when he described himself as something other than 100 % black.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-21-2015 at 05:26 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
"It just wasn't needed and brought the intrigue of the story line unfolding to a halt"
Same thing I thought but replace "rauncny sex scenes" with "discusting scenes of violence".

Only in America (and Saudi Arabia) is something as good and wholesome as sex be seen as something worse than killing and murdering
I was just about to say that.

That lady Murders a man in cold blood in this film but the sex is what set them off ???

Old 01-21-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
How do you know I was far more traumatized by the sex than the violence? Why are you making these comparisons and then assigning them to me? It's okay if you like watching sex in film, I don't. That's what the subject is about, sex in film.
Sorry, I just extroplated out my own thoughts about the hypocracy of the film industry with respect to violence.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Thats not what happened as it has been discussed over and over again, we had like 6 threads on it to boot.

The argument was over favoritism by those who are conservative, not simply him dating a white girl.

No one cares that he is dating/ married a white girl. It is because you believe him to be a republican and hold everything about his life to some high regard that he because a scapegoat for the greater argument of conservative favoritism of "their blacks".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies