Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I feel badly for Bergdahl. I really really do.

First conservatives were po'd and angry that President Obama wasn't doing anything to free him. Many, many, many, many, many, many conservatives were attacking the administration for his being held and they demanded the President bring him home.

When President Obama brings him home conservatives immediately go in the opposite direction and attack President Obama for getting Bergdahl and how he is a blah, blah, blah.

conservatives put the young man through the meat grinder of conservative media/ideology that produced such reporting and facts as ACA death panels And no go zones in France and England.

Now, self identified conservatives must think that freeing Bergdahl was yet another President Obama blunder so they have to demonize Bergdahl.
No, you just hate conservatives. It really is that simple.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Roger that.

I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy

That's the promise we make when we deploy. We bring back our own. Even when they fail us, we don't fail them.
There are many ways to bring back a comrade without making a five for one trade.

I would not call a deserter a "fallen comrade". And when somebody goes over to the other side, I'm not sure he is a comrade at all.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:58 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Do you have a link to that? I think I'm almost shocked that the Army would go against Obama so openly. This was promoted by the White House and Obama as a MAJOR "mission accomplished" - complete with Rose Garden Ceremony and a Press Announcement.

How is this the Army going against the CINC? The Uniform Code of Military Justice defines what constitutes desertion. The investigation and results of the investigation have nothing to do with the President. Granted, Obama did trade 5 prisoners for Bergdahl, but that has no impact on the Army's findings regarding his status as a deserter.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Army to charge traitor with desertion. Now a huge embarrassment for Obama.
Why should is be an embarrassment? Bergdahl is a US citizen, and US brings back her servicemen. Weather or not he will be charged with something later is not relevant to the fact. Israel traded 1000 Palestinian prisoners for one of their own, and they would have done so even if the soldier in question had broken a rule.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Roger that.

That's the promise we make when we deploy. We bring back our own. Even when they fail us, we don't fail them.
Right, and that's not new.

The "leave them for the critters" attitude is something never seen before in US, not even during the Vietnam era anti-military rioters. I have not seen such open hatred for servicemen before.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Roger that.

Yes, we don't leave people behind.

This isn't a case of leaving someone behind, or having them 'fall into the hands of the enemy'. Bergdahl left his outpost of his own volition and sought out the enemy. There is a huge difference between leaving a fallen comrade, and someone bugging out to willingly join with the enemy.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:23 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
There have been thousands of desertions since 2000 probably a few court martials, not sure what the president has to do with desertions. I have to wonder what same people that thought we should have left him would be saying if he was executed.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whether or not he deserted is immaterial to whether or not you get him back. He's an American, and you do what you have to do to get him back.

And until you get him back, you don't know whether he's a deserter or not.

We did nothing wrong by exchanging people for him.

Who is, "we"?

This is bigger than you want it to be.
There are laws congress passed and the President signed, stating we do not negotiate with terrorist.
The President broke those laws.

But that is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot more to it then that.

Trading a criminal that betrayed his unit, for criminals that wish to kill us all.
This has got to hit OBAMA below the belt.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Roger that.

The guy walked. He didn't fall.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:30 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
A soldier deserts and it's the president's fault? Oh man the loonies are out tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies